• 20 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

@ stouty

It's not that cut and dry dude. I wish it was

Sellsword 765 2295
  • 20 Jul '18
 Goof

Yes

My plan to morph this thread into a political debate between internet law experts is working perfectly.

And I didn't even have to do anything.

Knight 60 90
  • 20 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

Good work

Baron 724 1305
  • 20 Jul '18
 NewYariMeta

@vanguard said:
Ahh yes, communism = racism, makes sense man. And the discord is filled with communists this is why this thread exists am I rite xDdDd because obnoxious communists keep vomiting offensive shit on the discord all the time

Way to miss the point vanguard, if you are willing to restrict freedom of speech of people you disagree with then why is communism exempt, some people find it offensive as well, whether it's actually talked about a lot or not is irrelevant.

The only problem I see is that there is too many politics and shit posts on all channels, not what the posts are specifically, imo there should be more moderation to keep most of it in off topic.

Knight 60 90
  • 20 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

Yeah I think removing politics from all threads minus the PCT is a really good idea. Who would have thought. Im obviously guilty of letting it trickle places it shouldn't wind up as well. But until the majority of users who use language that offends marginalized people decide to actually keep their little circumventing the issue " oh I don't really mean it, that's why I spelled it fgt instead of faggot" crap (for example) off of the pages EVERYONE needs to read to learn about the game, this situation will get nothing but worse

Knight 60 90

And now the flood gates are open and I'm actually trying to close them. I have an issue shutting up once I get going and tbqh THAT is the reason I've remained silent for so long. I said before in another post that pretty much all I think about and want to talk about is the game. I pester real life friends about it and they're like shut the fuck up. We I know you like swords and knights and stuff.

Im actually trying to do my due diligence for the development of the game by not participating cause it always devolves back into this for me. I bring nothing but resentment to the equation and the last thing this place (the forums/discord/live servers) needs is another caustic fuck with his own agenda spewing their retoric. So what do I do? I punish myself and don't give myself what i want. Not everyone will have that same approach. Other people just won't buy the game. So I'm gonna try to do the thing and stop with this. I said my piece and anything beyond isn't productive or proactive. Shame so many of you can't apply the same thing to your hate speech.

Lol little story actually then I'll shut up... I "befriended" I think it was coloniel star
(who immediately described himself as a chiv god like I care lol) who in a PM asked me to practice w him and I politely (I think) tried to explain my end and why I'm not in a hurry to train w him or anyone else for that matter. Cause I don't know whos who and most of you seem like decent
peoples, until I notice the casual dismissive speech towards entire groups of people. And instead of simply being like cool, agree to disagree peace be with you or whatever, he changes his steam name to nucking figgers and verbatim says it's cool I'm just memeing. Now I'm sure his skill would have gone a long way to helping me improve to the point I could get more out of the game than my tactic, which is waiting for beta or full release (not sure which I'm gonna jump on) so I don't have so see the same fucking people every time I log in and then have another incident that does nothing but deepen the divide. How is my being there good for the game is the question I asked myself. Obviously I don't expect any of you to do the same. That's the extent of my ability to function in this environment and that's just the hand I was dealt. All I'm saying is why do this to other people who want to play the fucking game? What good is this?

For real I'm done. All I'm saying is don't be a dick like I don't get how hard that is... I'm supposed to be working lol

Sellsword 765 2295
  • 20 Jul '18
 Goof

TLDR

Knight 60 90
  • 20 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

I hear ya. That's fine. Probably nonsense anyway

Baron 1607 5105
Knight 60 90
  • 20 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

Yup. Go to town. I don't care

Baron 724 1305
Duke 2266 4009
  • 20 Jul '18
 Huggles

@NewYariMeta said:

@vanguard said:
Ahh yes, communism = racism, makes sense man. And the discord is filled with communists this is why this thread exists am I rite xDdDd because obnoxious communists keep vomiting offensive shit on the discord all the time

Way to miss the point vanguard, if you are willing to restrict freedom of speech of people you disagree with then why is communism exempt, some people find it offensive as well, whether it's actually talked about a lot or not is irrelevant.

The only problem I see is that there is too many politics and shit posts on all channels, not what the posts are specifically, imo there should be more moderation to keep most of it in off topic.

There is a diff between stuff people may find offensive that were not intended to be offensive and being deliberately offensive.

People who are over sensitive to the point where they go out of their way to take offense obviously just need to stfu and deal with it. But spamming the n word and calling race mixing disgusting or anything under that umbrella shouldn't really have a blind eye turned to it and people responding negatively to that aren't being overly sensitive.

Politics will always be inflammatory and divisive and turn people away so it shouldn't really be on the forums or in disc at all imho. Should be left for real containment places on the internet. Like actual political debate sites. The forum and discord should be places with focus on the game and off topic should be for general fucking around tbh.

I think the devs should go back to no politics rule once we approach release. Or tbh, rn since they opened the discord to new people.

Baron 1607 5105
  • 20 Jul '18
 Lincs

@NewYariMeta said:
val is a nice guy.JPG

that valmirius guy sure is a saint, we need more people like him in the discord and on these forums :)

31 136

Yah all raisis apart frum me

ezpecially dat vanguard guy who want me to gennacide de wite dogz for karaboga

signin out

Abukuku Jubudua Jarvimal Mutungu Bukakuku Aar Bahdoon Mashmash Absame Cabaas-Daacad-Geedi Maxamuud Gutaale Samakab Jaajuumow-Keynadiid Halwo Malibongwe Mutungu II,
The Prince of Somaldiz, Second of the dynasty of the Mutungu, Emperor Of The Emperors Of Somalden, Elect Of The Swedes, Ruler over Lions and shieet, The pawgblasta

abukshiny.png

2388 4850
  • 20 Jul '18
 Maci

@AbukukuJubuduaMutunguII said:
Yah all raisis apart frum me

ezpecially dat vanguard guy who want me to gennacide de wite dogz for karaboga

signin out

Abukuku Jubudua Jarvimal Mutungu Bukakuku Aar Bahdoon Mashmash Absame Cabaas-Daacad-Geedi Maxamuud Gutaale Samakab Jaajuumow-Keynadiid Halwo Malibongwe Mutungu II,
The Prince of Somaldiz, Second of the dynasty of the Mutungu, Emperor Of The Emperors Of Somalden, Elect Of The Swedes, Ruler over Lions and shieet, The pawgblasta

abukshiny.png

MODS MODS MODS

Antipolitische Aktion.png

Knight 30 160
Knight 1269 3807
  • 20 Jul '18
 Frise

@NewYariMeta said:
if you are willing to restrict freedom of speech of people you disagree with then why is communism exempt, some people find it offensive as well, whether it's actually talked about a lot or not is irrelevant.

There is a difference between a statement you disagree with and a statement that expresses hate through its violent history, and creates an unwelcoming place for certain people.

There's a difference between a group of people chanting "yay communism" vs "yay white power". One of these is a very possible life threatening situation for certain people.

A black person joining the Official Mordhau discord and finding a bunch of dudes saying "lol dumb niggers" is very likely going to leave, not because he disagrees with the people there, but because they are expressing hate against them through a term that carries a significant history of hate and violence.

Baron 724 1305
  • 20 Jul '18
 NewYariMeta

@Frise said:

@NewYariMeta said:
if you are willing to restrict freedom of speech of people you disagree with then why is communism exempt, some people find it offensive as well, whether it's actually talked about a lot or not is irrelevant.

There is a difference between a statement you disagree with and a statement that expresses hate through its violent history, and creates an unwelcoming place for certain people.

There's a difference between a group of people chanting "yay communism" vs "yay white power". One of these is a very possible life threatening situation for certain people.

A black person joining the Official Mordhau discord and finding a bunch of dudes saying "lol dumb niggers" is very likely going to leave, not because he disagrees with the people there, but because they are expressing hate against them through a term that carries a significant history of hate and violence.

Discord_2018-07-20_21-41-55.png

Knight 1269 3807
  • 20 Jul '18
 Frise

I'm not saying people shouldn't say dumb shit I'm saying devs have every reason to ban them for it. Also pointing out how shallow your statement was.

31 136

@Frise said:
I'm not saying people shouldn't say dumb shit I'm saying devs have every reason to ban them for it. Also pointing out how shallow your statement was.

There's a difference between a group of people chanting "yay communism" vs "yay white power". One of these is a very possible life >threatening situation for certain people.

wypeepo r no dang3r 2 me