Mordhau

The Discord is a Cesspool

Sellsword 674 2135
  • 19 Jul '18
 Goof

@TheDankestMeme said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@Goof said:
The Chivalry community is very similar if not worse.

i thought his basically was the Chivalry community.

of course it is, we are on the chivalry 2 forums you fucking retards

Something tells me that this one is part of the problem.

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 19 Jul '18
 Sir Zombie

@Goof said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@Goof said:

Fuck you dank is wholesome

Knight 2225 3992
  • 19 Jul '18
 Runagate

@Sir Zombie said:

@Goof said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@Goof said:

Correct. Nobody better dare insult our best boy!

Sellsword 674 2135
  • 19 Jul '18
 Goof

@Runagate said:

@Sir Zombie said:

@Goof said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@Goof said:

Insert generic insult here

Knight 253 682
  • 19 Jul '18
 Iodine

the f

Knight 365 628
  • 19 Jul '18
 Snake Skin

@Iodine said:
the f

What's wrong big guy?

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 19 Jul '18
 Sir Zombie

@Goof said:

@Runagate said:

@Sir Zombie said:

@Goof said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@Goof said:

Insert generic insult here

unknown

Baroness 485 1384
  • 19 Jul '18
 arr0wmanc3r

As a Mordhau discord regular, I fully agree with the sentiment of the OP. The world is changing, and individuals on the discord need to understand that views that conflict with a fully progressive viewpoint are simply not valid in today's culture. Jokes, memes and banter that offends or objectifies is literally never funny, and no context can ever change that fact. I think at a minimum, the devs need to ban all offensive users, and ideally, fully embrace today's global culture and include all genders, races and sexual orientations in their game.

Conscript 34 26
  • 19 Jul '18
 Eruperus

@Senturion, Duke of Ontheon said:
fc704279d11ea95c65cfddc62221427d.jpg

You glorious bastard

75 207

@arr0wmanc3r said:
As a Mordhau discord regular, I fully agree with the sentiment of the OP. The world is changing, and individuals on the discord need to understand that views that conflict with a fully progressive viewpoint are simply not valid in today's culture. Jokes, memes and banter that offends or objectifies is literally never funny, and no context can ever change that fact. I think at a minimum, the devs need to ban all offensive users, and ideally, fully embrace today's global culture and include all genders, races and sexual orientations in their game (but only white straight cis people can die ingame otherwise that's oppression).

I'm not trying to make a Kotaku article here dude, It'd just be nice if the mods applied their own rules and for the edge/spam to be toned down a notch.

It could be because there's only ever 1 moderator online at once.

I agree with Vanguard's post 100%.

Knight 60 90
  • 20 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

I dunno man. I'm all about personal liberty and I certainly don't fucking want people telling me how to talk and think but simple fact is the callous language quite frequently used by numerous forum members 100% turns me off to trying to participate (until recently cause I dunno why) And that's fine. I probably don't have much good to bring to the table talking about the game anyway, but regardless, if I were a person of color or lgbtq (which I know/ assume if I'm being honest, there are at least a few that play and post) I wouldnt feel like my existence is valid in the eyes of the people sharing this acitivity. I don't understand how this enviornemnt would leave them feeling welcome. And in turn I really really don't see how that's good for the game. If that's all we all actually care about. I know a lot of you have been friends for forever through comp chiv or whatever but you probably need to ask yourselves a serious question. What's more important? You being able to relentlessly degrade other human beings under the assumption only your friends are gonna read it and chuckle on the forums and write if off as "it's ok we're just memeing " or maybe as an altertanitive, keeping it in check so people who may have potential interest in the game can come and talk about it and not be turned off INSTANTLY by mistakenly reading the wrong post... I know you guys don't care what I think and I certainly don't care what you think if it's contrary to this train of thought. But the one thing thing we all have in common is wanting this game to succede and your casual usage of dismissive and insulting language serves as a potential roadblock to that. And it's just shitty. So yea. There's my two cents nobody asked for

Baron 724 1304
  • 20 Jul '18
 NewYariMeta

The Mordhau discord is easily the most overrated discord in the last decade. Posts are horrible. Really not much feedback about it, it's super toxic and repetetive. The comment system is clunky and unresponsive, and it is not hard in a way that the discord actually has intelligent bots or requires planning in any way. What makes it "hard" is again, the clunky discourse. All alpha testers are pretty much the same, you just meme arround until they are in their "vulnurable" phase, and then insult the shit out of them until they start posting again. Repeat that for some minutes and you've got all your arguments in a nutshell. Normal users are really just boring trash that are just there for the sake of being there. They serve no purpose other than keeping the player busy between the leaks. Infact, all Mordhau discords are exactly the same. Merely a reskin of one another, with somewhat updated channels. They play the same otherwise. The whole franchise really is targetet towards children that heard stories about "hard discords" from their older siblings / parents. They want to be part of that aswell but fail to realize that discords back then weren't hard in a frustrating way, but in a challenging one.

Knight 60 90
  • 20 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

ugh. and cause i dwell on stuff, i need to get this out there too, im not calling for the ban of people who use language i dont agree with. im pleading with said people to reconsider the weight of their words. thats all.

Sellsword 674 2135
  • 20 Jul '18
 Goof

Tbh I can say whatever I want because America

Conscript 4546 6276
  • 20 Jul '18
 vanguard

@Goof said:

Doesn't mean you should not face concequences for it. If you vomit racist shit on the internet, you deserve to get shit back.

Go to a black police man in your country and say racist shit to him, post the results here for us.

This is such a bad use of free speech tbh.

Duchess 774 3448
Baron 724 1304
  • 20 Jul '18
 NewYariMeta

@vanguard said:

@Goof said:

Doesn't mean you should not face concequences for it. If you vomit racist shit on the internet, you deserve to get shit back.

Go to a black police man in your country and say racist shit to him, post the results here for us.

Doesn't mean you should not face concequences for it. If you vomit communist shit on the internet, you deserve to get shit back.

Go to a police man in Ukraine and say communist shit to him, post the results here for us.

Conscript 4546 6276
  • 20 Jul '18
 vanguard

Ahh yes, communism = racism, makes sense man. And the discord is filled with communists this is why this thread exists am I rite xDdDd because obnoxious communists keep vomiting offensive shit on the discord all the time

Knight 60 90

@ goof inttially, apply to whoever else...

I
never know how much I should continue elaborating on my comments... But ^ that's my point . Ofc you can say what you want. Cause human. Not cause America. But if the concept of this game not being hindered by whatever garbage you (not you in particular goof, unless of course Nazi/intolorant then yeah you too) feel like spewing is appealing in the least than maybe give it another go round in the old noggin.

On a personal level nothing rings truer that the oldie "the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi" and yeah ideally that's how I think the world should work. But since this isn't an ideal one, we all kinda have to coexist here. Cause we all love the game. And I'm not here to wind up being a political containment thread dweller. And I'm not here to talk about how much I wanna smash shitty people in their fucking stupid mouths. I'm here cause I'm beyond hyped about mordhau and I'm tired of wondering how many people have had the same thoughts and then gone as far as to try to learn more about the game and fell into this abyss or the discord and will never come back.

I mean think about it from the devs perspective. Every marginalized person that that makes the mistake of trying to brave the forums is probably one that won't wind up spending 30 dollars on the game. And yeah yeah you can retort well this is the internet you just gonna tell the whole world to watch it's mouth around you?? No. Cause they got my 60 dollars. And I know damn well that my skin isn't thick enough for the internet. That's why I generally stay away from trying to make friends or whatever in this. Would I like to be good enough to play comp some day? Fuxk yes I want that skill. But if the cost of that is putting myself in a scenario where I have to feel horrifically uncomfortable because of thoughtless people, the choice is clear.

And I'm fine. I'll do the exact same thing I did for chivalry. I'm a pub dweller and I keep to myself until some twelve year old or it's 20 something year old equivillent shows up and starts dropping Nbombs. I'll stay quiet as long as I can. I'll reach a boiling point. I'll explode and tell the person how horrible they are. I'll rage quit and find another server. But that's just me. I've already committed to the game and am going to find my little comfort zone and I'll go about my business. I can't say the same for othher people. So go ahead and rob the devs of their potential customers. They probably don't want their money anyway rite...?