Mordhau

The Discord is a Cesspool

King 2414 3379

@Jax said:

@King Sinclair The FluffyDragon said:

@Jax said:
if it's any consolation boiz, politics are banned again on the forums and discord

Even the god emperor trump and space marines memes about to come together?

space marines are cool

I ment in context of the announcement of a new branch of the military the space force, trump making a space army seems prone to those memes besides illegal literal aliens (talking martians here)

Duke 5473 13074
  • 14 Aug '18
 Jax — Community Manager

you can't stop the space army

as long as it isn't blatant political discussion "space army is being made muh TAXES" etc. I'm not concerned

Mercenary 1075 1997
  • 14 Aug '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

I'm not touching this.

King 2414 3379

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
I'm not touching this.

980x.gif
Touch

Conscript 4546 6277
  • 14 Aug '18
 vanguard

@Humble Staff said:

@vanguard said:

@Humble Staff said:
Now that we are very few the SA comunity is as you say, but we do have very prominent melee comunity members (currently not able to play) that seem to have their mouths latched to their own genitals. We will see how things turn out when mordhau hits release but i really hope that comunity wise SA doesn't go chivalry 2.0

I'd say that my experience with chiv community has been real nice for all these years. From when I was a noob to when I became gud, I haven't seen all that much toxicity tbh. Not saying it doesn't exist because it most definetly does lol, but like, I never felt angry or bad about any other player, never felt that my experience was being fucked by someone else's shit, or felt compeled to change servers because of it.

Maybe because most of my experience was with duels in chiv, and in casual duels I always felt people are more, idk, "honorable" lmao, maybe less salty. In fact, most of the friends I made in chiv community was because either they helped me to git gud in duels when I was a noob, or I helped them to git gud in duels.

All the clans i've been part of have also been quite nice, and I always felt respected by opponent clans too. I'd say that overal it is a pretty good community imho.

I feel like much of the toxicity comes from ego, like the dude is effectively a great player, but that makes him behave like a asshole towards noobs or other veterans that are worse them him, but this is kinda normal in any multiplayer skill based game I think.

Yea maybe i should have said argentina, with me is the oposite, and basically being completely new to the melee slasher genre, the first months were hell, the only thing that kept me playing was archery. And i got bullied as fuck for being an archer. No one ever took the time to teach me shit, the first person to do that was you a few months before Mordhau's kickstarter came out, well over two years after i started playing. I wont be giving names but fuck there were some entitled assholes over here.

Hah I remember that man, when mordhau launched and we went back to chiv to see how a few things worked differently and such, fun times tbh. Idk man but I always felt it was actually pretty fun to help people git gud in chiv, I can't fucking understand what is so thrilling about shitting on noob's heads with the whole "hue am beter then u get fucked xDdD". I loved to do that, but to other veterans you know, that actually can put up a fight. When you are fighting against legit noobs, it literally isn't fun to stomp all over them time and time again and then shittalk. I mean it is effectively fun to Xv1 noobs, but in duels? Idk man, I actualy felt kinda bad when I destroyed noobs in duels lol, like, it wasn't fun for me and i'm sure it wasn't fun for my opponent too, it just doesn't make sense right.

@Jax said:
you can't stop the space army

MARINES?? IN SPACE????

I demand that the political thread gets reopened at once, this is of ultmost importance and requires a wall of text about US space imperialism and how can we have a space Vietnam to balance things out

Duke 488 1195

@Jax said:
if it's any consolation boiz, politics are banned again on the forums and discord

bi polar devs

76 207

@Jax said:

@King Sinclair The FluffyDragon said:

@Jax said:

Even the god emperor trump and space marines memes about to come together?

space marines are cool

umw40k.gif

Knight 2591 6881
  • 15 Aug '18
 Rattsknecht

lol russia has had space troops for quite some time already, sorry we beat u to space marines

145647398213642773.jpg

Knight 3132 7290
  • 15 Aug '18
 Punzybobo

wtf is that real

Sellsword 4 34
  • 2 Sep '18
 Rattt

Chiv was full of toxic assholes with massive egos, so this one will be full of toxic assholes with massive egos
Hence why duels are so popular
This isn't even a politics thing
71fe96fee91000d6460b038977d28a036bd3e046858899de4432c93ae3269d96.jpg

Knight 2591 6881
  • 3 Sep '18
 Rattsknecht

@Rattt said:
Chiv was full of toxic assholes with massive egos, so this one will be full of toxic assholes with massive egos
Hence why duels are so popular
This isn't even a politics thing
71fe96fee91000d6460b038977d28a036bd3e046858899de4432c93ae3269d96.jpg

wait who the fuck are you

Conscript 9 6
  • 21 Sep '18
 ApartmentDJ

That's how you know a lot of the discord users still live with their parents

Knight 174 263
  • 25 Sep '18
 Echonian

The forums are a cesspool, so expecting less of the Discord is probably naive.

This is what happens to certain communities when they are not properly moderated. The thing is: when people can say whatever they want on the internet, the vocal minority of edgelords tend to drown out the majority. This is why forums and communities tend to have moderation. Not because they want to violate "muh freedomz," but because it has been well known for as long as the internet has been around that basic moderation is necessary to prevent online communities from turning into places that the vast majority of people wouldn't go near.

Which further increases the problem, as the only people who will get on Discord or this Forum are increasingly the edgelords. I myself haven't been on this forum in about a year, and most of it was due to the fact that for every serious and game-related comment I could find, you would have a dozen people just wasting time with childish memes or other meaningless nonsense. Most people interested in the game might take one look at the community and immediately write it off, and that's simply the way things are. I can't understate the importance of this issue either: when I say "most people interested in this game," I'm talking about the people who could actually fill up servers or make for any sort of active community down the road.

Now, if it is a greater evil to enforce a few rules here and there to turn things into less of a cesspool, than it is to allow a community to fester and die without any success or greater appeal ever having been gained, then perhaps I could understand allowing this. I've seen this happen in many communities before however, and without exception, every single online community that lacks basic moderation to prevent things from just being a meme and racist cesspool dies a gruesome death. This can take months, it can even take a few years, but it always happens far earlier than in similar communities which had a bit more activity taken to combat this.

In the end, you might end up with the game only having a tiny fraction of the user-base that could have been possible due to issues like this. When nobody feels welcome in a community, they won't come back, and that's true of any community in any place or circumstance. This game has a lot of potential to be great however, and I am looking forward to having a vibrant community with tons of major 64 player battles and success for the game in general. This will require it to be finished developing however, and beyond that it needs gameplay balance and community direction to be handled properly in order to allow it to succeed. It won't have the advantage Chivalry had of being essentially unique in its genre, so while Torn Banner was perhaps not as good at dealing with community issues as they should have been, you guys are going to need to be if you ever want this game to be a success outside of meme kings and edge lords.

Count 3976 8323
  • 25 Sep '18
 TheDankestMeme

universe is a cesspool

Knight 5096 6836
  • 25 Sep '18
 Humble Staff

So is your mom's pussy

Count 3976 8323
  • 25 Sep '18
 TheDankestMeme

i have two dads

Baron 1600 5076
  • 25 Sep '18
 Lincs

@Echonian said:
The forums are a cesspool, so expecting less of the Discord is probably naive.

This is what happens to certain communities when they are not properly moderated. The thing is: when people can say whatever they want on the internet, the vocal minority of edgelords tend to drown out the majority. This is why forums and communities tend to have moderation. Not because they want to violate "muh freedomz," but because it has been well known for as long as the internet has been around that basic moderation is necessary to prevent online communities from turning into places that the vast majority of people wouldn't go near.

Which further increases the problem, as the only people who will get on Discord or this Forum are increasingly the edgelords. I myself haven't been on this forum in about a year, and most of it was due to the fact that for every serious and game-related comment I could find, you would have a dozen people just wasting time with childish memes or other meaningless nonsense. Most people interested in the game might take one look at the community and immediately write it off, and that's simply the way things are. I can't understate the importance of this issue either: when I say "most people interested in this game," I'm talking about the people who could actually fill up servers or make for any sort of active community down the road.

Now, if it is a greater evil to enforce a few rules here and there to turn things into less of a cesspool, than it is to allow a community to fester and die without any success or greater appeal ever having been gained, then perhaps I could understand allowing this. I've seen this happen in many communities before however, and without exception, every single online community that lacks basic moderation to prevent things from just being a meme and racist cesspool dies a gruesome death. This can take months, it can even take a few years, but it always happens far earlier than in similar communities which had a bit more activity taken to combat this.

In the end, you might end up with the game only having a tiny fraction of the user-base that could have been possible due to issues like this. When nobody feels welcome in a community, they won't come back, and that's true of any community in any place or circumstance. This game has a lot of potential to be great however, and I am looking forward to having a vibrant community with tons of major 64 player battles and success for the game in general. This will require it to be finished developing however, and beyond that it needs gameplay balance and community direction to be handled properly in order to allow it to succeed. It won't have the advantage Chivalry had of being essentially unique in its genre, so while Torn Banner was perhaps not as good at dealing with community issues as they should have been, you guys are going to need to be if you ever want this game to be a success outside of meme kings and edge lords.

you're'r mom

Count 3976 8323
  • 25 Sep '18
 TheDankestMeme

@TheDankestMeme said:
i have two dads

6 likes for that gay shit wtf

Mercenary 1075 1997
  • 25 Sep '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

@TheDankestMeme said:

@TheDankestMeme said: