Mordhau

The Discord is a Cesspool

13 80

I've been trying to stay in-the know on this game's progress for a while, so I occasionally browse the forums and the Discord.

But the more and more I look, the Discord is a haven of identity politics and /pol/ memes.

The off-topic shit doesn't bother me that much, but when you search the N word on the discord and see 13 pages of results, you know something's gone wrong.

Those people who do this shit is gonna see this post as whiny, but it just makes me want to leave the discord when, at night especially, it devolves into posts like this:
BxsA1U8.png
T2cOqIZ.png
X70UHOe.png

And obvious trolls:
nt4oAii.png

But it seems that these people never get punished, and it's always the same people every time.

I know an automod has been added, and that's a good step, but i'm sure more can be done to make the discord less of a hellscape.

2155 4155
  • 14 Jul
 Maci

stay small son

Duke 961 1346
Conscript 4259 5453
  • 14 Jul
 vanguard

Community is full of /pol/ edgelord kids, I don't know what the fuck Mordhau has that atracts so many of these attention seeking kids.

The hilarious part is that they think the shit they say is very cool and inteligent, lamoe

Knight 308 1263
  • 15 Jul
 LuxCandidus

Somehow the developers think the Discord is the ideal place for announcements, even though the vast majority of the general channel is pure spam. As for moderation I do sympathise with them; their hands are tied because if they started banning such behaviour then the Mordhau community will be reduced to four people.

Duke 2176 3654
  • 15 Jul
 Huggles

Idk, maybe it has something to do with the medieval setting. PvP focused gaming communities are not renown for their tolerance and hospitality but I agree it is a bit more than usual in this community.

Best you can hope for is super hyped mordhau release will attract a bunch of "normies" and gentrify the current community. Lmao.

I also imagine more strict moderation will be enforced by the time release rolls around.

Conscript 4259 5453
  • 15 Jul
 vanguard

The way these dumb motherfuckers are militant about their retarded world view, they will scare the "normies" and give a great reputation to Triternion and this game's community in the process.

Knight 857 2254
  • 15 Jul
 Frise

no but it's ok they won't ban anyone for being an obnoxious cunt

unless u mention children, then crush gets angry and bans u

Duke 961 1346
  • 15 Jul
 PadanFain

I have a feeling/hope that right before release the devs will cleanse both the forums and discord of the autists everyone knows who they are.. .

Mercenary 1622 6124
  • 15 Jul
 ThunderDuck

cum fard shid piss

Count 3733 7664
Baron 1396 1831

@LuxCandidus said:
Somehow the developers think the Discord is the ideal place for announcements, even though the vast majority of the general channel is pure spam. As for moderation I do sympathise with them; their hands are tied because if they started banning such behaviour then the Mordhau community will be reduced to four people.

How hard is it to copy/paste from one forum to the other? Are they being lazy or stupid?

Mercenary 1984 3396

How dare you insult The Official Discord of zhe Devs !??!111!!

561 1153
  • 16 Jul
 das

@Huggles said:
Idk, maybe it has something to do with the medieval setting. PvP focused gaming communities are not renown for their tolerance and hospitality but I agree it is a bit more than usual in this community.

Best you can hope for is super hyped mordhau release will attract a bunch of "normies" and gentrify the current community. Lmao.

I also imagine more strict moderation will be enforced by the time release rolls around.

It's the setting of the game, same reason you'll see those Wehrmacht LARPers with Rommel avatars (we wuz 0-war-crimes n shiet, swearsies!) when you play WW2 Steam games or those odd clans with military ranks in Day of Defeat/Battlefield (technically not stolen valor).

Knight 160 358
Mercenary 868 1528

@PadanFain said:
I have a feeling/hope that right before release the devs will cleanse both the forums and discord of the autists everyone knows who they are.. .

Watch out dude before you know it you're accused of advocating genocide lmao

Also I agree with OP, this community is NOT ready for the mainstream crowd. It's only a matter of time before some journalist "exposes" this community and blames it's developers.

Knight 160 358
Sellsword 433 1420
  • 19 Jul
 Goof

The Chivalry community is very similar if not worse.

Baron 1396 1831

@Goof said:

i thought this basically was the Chivalry community.

Count 3733 7664

@yourcrippledson said:

@Goof said:

i thought his basically was the Chivalry community.

of course it is, we are on the chivalry 2 forums you fucking retards