Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

So after of me taking a break from this game i came back.

396 454
  • 14 Jul '18
 JasonBourne

It does work but it also depends on the weapon. If u have a GS then u cannot punish a warhammer for example. U also need footwork

Knight 941 2569
  • 14 Jul '18
 Pred

@JasonBourne said:
It does work but it also depends on the weapon

Sometimes. In many weapon matchups it's flat-out impossible and in many others it's a pure coin toss between punishing or eating the follow-up hit.

Very inconsistent stuff, better try to hard read.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 14 Jul '18
 vanguard

Gambling is better to avoid feints then chambers lmaoe

But srsly, it's not that hard to hard read feints in this build. Drags are by far much worse to deal with.

Knight 941 2569
  • 14 Jul '18
 Pred

@vanguard said:
Gambling is better to avoid feints then chambers lmaoe

Chambers are like communism - look good in theory, but every try at implementation turns out to be a disaster.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 14 Jul '18
 vanguard

WRIIIII

It was funny I give u that lmao

Conscript 192 478
  • 14 Jul '18
 Shovonem

@Underainy said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
In case this isn't bait, what about all the players reading feints consistently? Just luck I guess lmao.

Or just putting 50 million hours and not having a social life

Well.. it's the way it is isn't it? Whoever put more time/effort into something will get better at it. Either put hours, get better and try to match their skill level or don't and keep playing with newbies or just leave the game if you don't enjoy it at all. Just stop crying in forum. It's pathetic.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 14 Jul '18
 ThunderDuck

@Underainy

This thing needs to be removed because i don't want to put in enough effort to learn how to deal with it because i'm not a nolife virgin loser like you guys

Knight 941 2569
  • 14 Jul '18
 Pred

@ThunderDuck said:
@Underainy

This thing needs to be removed because i don't want to put in enough effort to learn how to deal with it because i'm not a nolife virgin loser like you guys

To be fair if you don't give noobs something cool at higher levels to work toward, then they won't be willing to put in the effort and the "You feint me and I try to read until it's my turn to feint you" game coming from Chivalry is not particularly enticing to say the least. If the perspective we show to new players is "gib hundreds of hours of effort and you will be able to participate in high level game of exchanging feints", probably not many will be interested.

396 454
  • 14 Jul '18
 JasonBourne

It depends. The feint hate comes from chivalry because there was no counter to it and looks kinda cheap. Mordhau has a counter too it and that is what makes it fun, however, newcomers are still clueless about it.

What mite help is making an indept tutorial by devs with crush voicing it on how Mordhau`s mechanics actually work, then alot of questions would be answered.

Sellsword 792 2352
  • 15 Jul '18
 Goof

Listen for the grunt on every attack, that's the release phase that you can parry or chamber.

Baron 1551 2087
  • 15 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

badass and insane drags are what motivated me to keep playing Chivalry. Full control over my weapon's swing is something I'd been looking for without even knowing it. Having to make do with Zelda, Dark Souls, Smash Bros for my melee combat fix was all I had before, but Chivalry definitely changed the game for me. Chambers nor feints add anything to the mechanics level of satisfaction, and merely acts as a means of "increasing the skill ceiling", to a point where the best players will be equal in skill at reading and executing them anyway, so end-game they just get in the way of the meat of the game.

Someone tell me the point of them outside of helping "fights look more like fights". I think the game would be more fun if they make "fights should feel like fights" a higher priority than "fights should look like fights". Make it fun. Why is this so hard for you guys to the point where it has been left festering in an unfun state for like 3 months?

Sellsword 792 2352
  • 15 Jul '18
 Goof

The premise of the game is highly skill based combat. Surround yourself with seasoned players that are willing to help you learn the mechanics.

Do some sparring with the federschwert, it's main purpose is to be a practice sword: From there you can curb your panic parrying and learn chambering as well as drags among other techniques.

The game is not meant to be easy, it's something you have to put effort into learning.(And there are many other games out there that are the same way)

Knight 292 904
  • 15 Jul '18
 GIRUGIRU

People saying feints were consistently punishable in Chivalry are utterly wrong. Even with compmod where we balanced the feint recovery to give weapons very similar punishment windows there were cases where weapons wouldn't be able to reliable punish others even when factoring the speed of a reverse , just due to the nature of windup and swing arcs

Knowing when you can punish is a skill in of itself and it was so in Chivalry. I know that I can't punish BS feints with ES chambers so I have to FTP out, yet that still will win me a net Stam war regardless

If you increase feint recovery any further in Mordhau you wont be able to do convincing feints and will be forced to microfeint constantly. If you are unable to punish misses and feints in Mordhau currently it's simply a learn to play issue - if you feel as though you want to punish EVERY feint you read then there are tons of weapons which will allow for that, consistently, such as bastard sword, Mordhau grip longsword, rapier, baxe, bardiche. I personally don't have any issues punishing with normal longsword itself

18 16
  • 15 Jul '18
 Underainy

@JasonBourne said:
This is alpha which only limited players have access to. And most of them are chivalry vets and are very good at this game.

Also, this game is not ur casual game. U need to clock in some hours to get the hang of it. Once u learn the mechanics, then the fun begins.

Feints have a counter which is called chambers, learn them.

Mate im a chiv vet and I played Comp once or twice and I think I don't like the feints here because it doesn't really have a separate animation for the windup so you can tell when he can cancel the attack and when he cant.

18 16
  • 15 Jul '18
 Underainy

@GIRUGIRU said:
People saying feints were consistently punishable in Chivalry are utterly wrong. Even with compmod where we balanced the feint recovery to give weapons very similar punishment windows there were cases where weapons wouldn't be able to reliable punish others even when factoring the speed of a reverse , just due to the nature of windup and swing arcs

Knowing when you can punish is a skill in of itself and it was so in Chivalry. I know that I can't punish BS feints with ES chambers so I have to FTP out, yet that still will win me a net Stam war regardless

If you increase feint recovery any further in Mordhau you wont be able to do convincing feints and will be forced to microfeint constantly. If you are unable to punish misses and feints in Mordhau currently it's simply a learn to play issue - if you feel as though you want to punish EVERY feint you read then there are tons of weapons which will allow for that, consistently, such as bastard sword, Mordhau grip longsword, rapier, baxe, bardiche. I personally don't have any issues punishing with normal longsword itself

I do punish players for missing attacks but i cannot really punish a player that literally starts an attack already about to hit me and somehow able to cancel it.

1315 2881
  • 16 Jul '18
 Monsteri

I wonder if the release grunt should instead start the ms nofeint window starts? It'd facilitate learning the punish timings.

396 454
  • 16 Jul '18
 JasonBourne

@Underainy said:
Mate im a chiv vet and I played Comp once or twice and I think I don't like the feints here because it doesn't really have a separate animation for the windup so you can tell when he can cancel the attack and when he cant.

How do u expect a seperate windup animation for an attack and a feint? Feinting is basically canceling an attack.

Knight 2308 4188
  • 27 Jul '18
 Runagate

@Comeandsee said:
whygitgud.png

Someone ought to make their custom emblem into that.

• 28 Jul '18
 Grugg
This comment was deleted.
1 0
  • 2 Aug '18
 WarWalker555

Don't listen to any of these shitters. Reading feints is easy in comparison to chiv. Chambering is fine but you have to get gud. Can't complain that you're getting stomped / can't read feints when you've probably put in like 20 hours