Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

So after of me taking a break from this game i came back.

18 16
  • 11 Jul '18
 Underainy

So yeah.. as the title says i took a break i came back and still saw the amount of feinting I thought it would stop but no, It didn't stop it got worse it doesn't take skill and just ruins my gaming experience from mordhau i think I will take another break for a couple of month from this game as I did a couple of weeks before.

• 11 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson
This comment was deleted.
Knight 1269 3811
Baron 1551 2087
  • 11 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

really that was deleted -_-

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 11 Jul '18
 ThunderDuck

I suck too because I don't play frequently enough to match the tryhards, but have you considered learning how to chamber?

18 16
  • 11 Jul '18
 Underainy

@ThunderDuck said:
I suck too because I don't play frequently enough to match the tryhards, but have you considered learning how to chamber?

Chamber?... I can't even see what attack is coming because the attack is so fluid and so smooth you cannot tell what is a feint or what not... basically, I need to wait until the last millisecond to block.
and that's not a fun game for me...Honestly, At this point, I'm looking back at chiv as a more fun game because you can punish players for feinting. and the guy above showing me the telling me I'm cry baby isn't helping either

18 16
  • 11 Jul '18
 Underainy

@Frise said:
174926714.jpg

Dude,You're profile photo tells me you're living in your mums basement mate.

Duke 986 1381
  • 11 Jul '18
 PadanFain

@Underainy said:
, At this point, I'm looking back at chiv as a more fun game because you can punish players for feinting.

Wut feints are a million times easier to read in mordhau also if your having trouble chambering u obvs haven't been playing very long so of course ur gonna get stomped by the people who have been putting the time in.

Wait until release so u can play with people closer to your skill lvl for a more enjoyable experience if your not looking for the git gud play experience.

Conscript 1004 2022
  • 11 Jul '18
 ohshitsorry

@PadanFain said:

@Underainy said:
, At this point, I'm looking back at chiv as a more fun game because you can punish players for feinting.

Wut feints are a million times easier to read in mordhau also if your having trouble clambering u obvs haven't been playing very long so of course ur gonna get stomped by the people who have been putting the time in.

Wait until release so u can play with people closer to your skill lvl for a more enjoyable experience if your not looking for the git gud play experience.

Dude,You're profile photo tells me you're living in your mums basement mate.

2428 4937
  • 11 Jul '18
 Maci

@PadanFain said:

@Underainy said:

Wut feints are a million times easier to read in mordhau also if your having trouble clambering u obvs haven't been playing very long so of course ur gonna get stomped by the people who have been putting the time in.

You really can't punish feints in Mordhau. Nor misses, nor anything else.
Which sucks and makes the combat really static. Chambers also don't really happen aside of stabs on a high level of play because it's just about dragging and breaking your animation as much as possible so the opponent can't chamber.

27 49
  • 12 Jul '18
 Mr.Z

Game needs transition animations, the animation blending makes reading most attacks very difficult.

Mercenary 1263 2304
  • 12 Jul '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

In case this isn't bait, what about all the players reading feints consistently? Just luck I guess lmao.

18 16
  • 12 Jul '18
 Underainy

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
In case this isn't bait, what about all the players reading feints consistently? Just luck I guess lmao.

Or just putting 50 million hours and not having a social life

Knight 1269 3811
  • 12 Jul '18
 Frise

@Underainy said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

Or just putting 50 million hours and not having a social life

There was this dude in Chivalry that I taught a few things while he was new. At 700 hours he could reliably read feints from most weapons. Take into account how insanely difficult Chiv's feints are to read relative to Mordhau. 700 hours is nothing for a competitive game. I bet 500 hours is enough for anyone with dedication to read Mordhau feints.

Knight 154 452
  • 13 Jul '18
 Nautilus

You're experiencing a high-skill ceiling game where only dedicated, highly-skilled players dwell; it's not exactly welcoming to casuals. Of course feints are readable, but it does take a while to get there (Yes, X00-ish hours is a lot of time, regardless of how normalized it is by competitive standards). Just wait until casual players and matchmaking are around, that's what they're there for.

Knight 30 160
Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 13 Jul '18
 EruTheTeapot

Lmao let me take couple months of break to see If I git gud yet, brb guys

18 16
  • 13 Jul '18
 Underainy

@EruTheTeapot said:
Lmao let me take couple months of break to see If I git gud yet, brb guys

What?

396 454
  • 13 Jul '18
 JasonBourne

This is alpha which only limited players have access to. And most of them are chivalry vets and are very good at this game.

Also, this game is not ur casual game. U need to clock in some hours to get the hang of it. Once u learn the mechanics, then the fun begins.

Feints have a counter which is called chambers, learn them.

Knight 941 2569
  • 14 Jul '18
 Pred

@JasonBourne said:
Feints have a counter which is called chambers, learn them.

Jason the typical Mordhau player:

• Gets pissed all the time for punishes not working in game
  • Tells noobs on the internet to just chamber the feints