Mordhau

time to delete feinting

212 348
  1. Active parry doesn't exist anymore.

2. Half of these things in the list have nothing to do with killing your opponent.

3. Cancelling is literally feinting.

I'm afraid its entirely possible to cancel your attack without queuing another attack, and it has helped me win several battles.

and which mechanics are not to do with killing? could you please list them so i can make separate individual threads to suggest their deletion.

212 348

if theres anyone whos able to formulate a coherent argument for feinting without going off on a tangent about something else, i look forward to reading your response. until then my stance on feints should be regarded as law

396 453
Conscript 4546 6279
  • 4 Jul '18
 vanguard

You can't really keep initiative in a 1vX without feinting, because you need to combo, and you need to feint to parry as well.

I like feints tbh

212 348

@vanguard said:
You can't really keep initiative in a 1vX without feinting, because you need to combo, and you need to feint to parry as well.

I like feints tbh

its only a feint if you attack after a cancel. feinting to parry is actually incorrect. its cancel to parry.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 4 Jul '18
 Frise

@Magnificent Father said:

@vanguard said:

I like feints tbh

its only a feint if you attack after a cancel. feinting to parry is actually incorrect. its cancel to parry.

huh I can't seem to find that cancel button you speak of

temp.PNG

Conscript 4546 6279
  • 4 Jul '18
 vanguard

@vanguard said:

I like feints tbh

But essentialy a feint is just that, canceling your attack. How can you keep ftp and cftp without feinting, that is, canceling your attack? I remember when I was kinda nooby in chiv, fighting other noobs, I would slash, combo into a stab and feint it to scare them. This is something you can still do if you keep ftp and cftp like, I overhead you but miss it really close, combo into X attack and feint it, if I have a big weapon I just do this at a confortable reach, if I have a fast weapon, comboing garantees me the initiative at close range and in both situations you are, to some extent, forced to read me.

Tbh this doesn't make much sense to me my good comrade.

If you add sort of a considerable delay between feinting and attacking, this will negatively impact on 1vN, as you won't be able to force one or more of your opponents into defensive with feints or play some mindgames with them. Feints might seem strong in duels (personaly I don't think they are, because this game in general plays much more agressively then chiv and having to passively react to feints is the problem imho), but they are very fair and I dare say required in 1vX situations.

212 348

@Frise said:

@vanguard said:

I like feints tbh

huh I can't seem to find that cancel button you speak of

temp.PNG

i said feint is incorrect, its a cancel, the devs are wrong to label it that way, pay attention or dont comment.

212 348

for veterans, you all show a critical lack of understanding when it comes to melee systems.

2375 4819
  • 4 Jul '18
 Maci

@Bodkin said:

@Rift said:
OH there is dragging? I was think about go to this game because tons of exploit in chivary but turns out they bring this shit mechanic here and used scam kickstarer

There is no way you cannot have dragging, as all that means is someone moving their mouse while they are swinging.

Drags are, however, heavily neutered in Mordhau

no lol they are even more broken

212 348

@vanguard said:

@vanguard said:

I like feints tbh

But essentialy a feint is just that, canceling your attack. How can you keep ftp and cftp without feinting, that is, canceling your attack? I remember when I was kinda nooby in chiv, fighting other noobs, I would slash, combo into a stab and feint it to scare them. This is something you can still do if you keep ftp and cftp like, I overhead you but miss it really close, combo into X attack and feint it, if I have a big weapon I just do this at a confortable reach, if I have a fast weapon, comboing garantees me the initiative at close range and in both situations you are, to some extent, forced to read me.

Tbh this doesn't make much sense to me my good comrade.

If you add sort of a considerable delay between feinting and attacking, this will negatively impact on 1vN, as you won't be able to force one or more of your opponents into defensive with feints or play some mindgames with them. Feints might seem strong in duels (personaly I don't think they are, because this game in general plays much more agressively then chiv and having to passively react to feints is the problem imho), but they are very fair and I dare say required in 1vX situations.

the hell are u on about, "forcing in to defensive" as if youre entitled to gain offense on someone just because theres more than one person. now, i listed about 20 other mechanics you could use to help u in a 1vX. if you want to crutch feints and call it fair, when really u should be dead. then fair game to u.

i dont even play this game properly anyway lmao, you know i get motion sick from just sprinting forwards. this whole post was a troll anyway but im glad to have shared some information along the way im going to bed

Knight 1269 3804
  • 4 Jul '18
 Frise

for veterans, you all show a critical lack of understanding when it comes to melee systems.

And then goes on to demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of 1vX and high level play.

1084 6143
  • 4 Jul '18
 crushed — Art

@PadanFain said:
Are these copypastas off YouTube or something. This isn't serious right.

ding ding ding

1084 6143
  • 4 Jul '18
 crushed — Art

This topic has been moved.

80 285
Baron 1551 2083
  • 5 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

Feints are fine. Other mechanics just need to be made more viable on their own though IMO, to make feinting more of an option in Mordhau fighting, rather than the absolute necessity it is currently.

46 64
  • 5 Jul '18
 Rift

@Bodkin said:

@Rift said:
OH there is dragging? I was think about go to this game because tons of exploit in chivary but turns out they bring this shit mechanic here and used scam kickstarer

There is no way you cannot have dragging, as all that means is someone moving their mouse while they are swinging.

Drags are, however, heavily neutered in Mordhau when compared to chiv, but easier to learn at the same time. You have a strict turncap when swinging that CAN NOT be affected by your mouse sensitivity, so drags cannot go past a certain threshold. There are NO reverse hits due to the early release mechanic that makes it where the first 100-200ms or so of your swing can be parried but does no dmg (less instant hits from chivalry)

Drags in this game are much more subtle than chivalry's. There are only a few times where the drags look somewhat wonky and those are not appreciated by the devs, so do not assume they will always be there.

Anyway, this game is far from a damn scam. If you play the game at all you would know.

What drags are designed to do in mordhau is not to screw up your parries (they can do this but not very often, unless the drag changes where you got hit and you missed your block, there is no straight up floating, at least not chiv-tier).

The point of drags in Mordhau is to mess up chamber timings. To chamber currently you have to match their attack type and angle and perform this attack 250ms (1/4sec) before you get hit by it. So a subtle drag is all that is needed to mess this up if they aren't really good at chambering. Big huge chiv-style drags don't work, and if someone attempted to do them, you simply just hit them tbh because they slowed down their attack so much that all you have to do is evade a little and then hit before they hit you. Not to mention that parrying them is so easy.

Mordhau relies less on drags and more on accelerated attacks, but that accel problem is being addressed in the next patch with the new swing animations.

hello friend you DO realize that is a pasta

Baron 1551 2083
  • 5 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

@Bodkin said:
Drags in this game are much more subtle than chivalry's. There are only a few times where the drags look somewhat wonky and those are not appreciated by the devs, so do not assume they will always be there.

The point of drags in Mordhau is to mess up chamber timings.

Mordhau relies less on drags and more on accelerated attacks, but that accel problem is being addressed in the next patch with the new swing animations.

Didn't Crushed say they are addressing drags countering chambers too? If so, I don't even understand the purpose of the mechanic at that point. It feels less like an intentional mechanic and more of an unwanted side-effect of the mechanics that they are trying to eradicate.

Duke 547 907
  • 5 Jul '18
 Goatie

You've been bamboozled by the land down under

Baron 724 1304
  • 6 Jul '18
 NewYariMeta

The game itself seems pretty good, but the gameplay seems a little repetitious. It's just hitting people with swords over and over.