Mordhau

What Crushed said on Discord

Knight 86 133
  • 24 Jun '18
 Raegarth

I made a copy/paste for my team abour what Crushed said on discord few days ago. For those who missed it

Crushed :

« new dynamic system which creates procedural realistic hit reactions, with greatly reduced knockback, looks very realistic and makes every hit feel like ur weapon actually connects. ontop of this locational wounds inflicted by weapons which are different per weapon type and attack, a new cosmetic hitstop effect where your weapon actually collides with things and gets "affected" by the object, kind of like the hit effect of the new god of war
it feels really satisfying to hit things now, completely different feeling »

« weapons dont get deformed, i mean for example if you hit someone, your weapon will collide with the character and get rotated/lags behind a bit »

About clashes :

« there will be more clash chance on releases (it also counts early release now) »

About chambers :

« chamber will get some serious changes but im not talking about that now »

« basically the "constant dragging against chamber attempts" meta will be changed to something different
i wont say more then that but expect a huge meta change
the role of chambers will probably be shifted, were currently testing some stuff but i cant say more rn as its just in testing phase »

« well the biggest fundamental problem is that the way chambers work playing by dragging non stop is encouraged and playing normal/aggressive is bad. this will be changed because were not happy how the meta looks »

Also, about missis on hits :

« more punishable misses is on my list too »

He added :
«  its probably gonna be a less radical solution something like a combo windup debuff which will allow you to gain initiative easier on the miss »

About archery :

He said that it looks dope.
« im not sure but horse archery would be nice
horses had a lot of work too »

He also talked about emotes. More than 60 emotes incomming (later !). When he tested out voice emotes he realized they really missed in the game. They’re planning to « fix » emote order list.

Finally, somebody is working on torches atm, even if it’s looks like it’s not a priority.

Thats all folks.

396 453
  • 24 Jun '18
 JasonBourne

Thanks for the post, Raegarth!

Knight 466 909
  • 24 Jun '18
 wierHL

new meta is gonna be archery for sure

Baron 1551 2083
  • 24 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

@wierHL said:
new meta is gonna be archery for sure

Agreed. RIP Mordhau, archery existing is too much for me to handle.

No but seriously thanks for posting this, @Raegarth. As I do not use Discord and these changes sound great.

Knight 925 2541
  • 24 Jun '18
 Pred

Most changes seem pretty good, it's a little surprising as I heard devs were more or less happy with combat and not going for major changes though ( and these seem pretty major)

Count 788 3012
  • 24 Jun '18
 EatAtRedLobster

These changes sound impressive, and might bring Mordhau even closer to satisfying the impossible opium dream vision of the game that floats within our demanding little heads.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 24 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

@EatAtRedLobster said:
These changes sound impressive, and might bring Mordhau even closer to satisfying the impossible opium dream vision of the game that floats within our demanding little heads.

Nothing can live up to Mordhau 2099

Knight 3294 6738
  • 24 Jun '18
 Bodkin

Wait what Torches?

Interesting. Does that mean like just for throwing to light things up or to actually carry in the offhand like shield?

Knight 86 133
  • 24 Jun '18
 Raegarth

@Bodkin said:
Wait what Torches?

Interesting. Does that mean like just for throwing to light things up or to actually carry in the offhand like shield?

Surely not to put out fire ^^

Knight 1815 2219
  • 24 Jun '18
 Void

Good post Raegarth.
I read all this in discord and got crazy hyped.
It's nice of you posting the info here, for the guys that may have missed it.

Baron 2357 3387
  • 24 Jun '18
 Xekratos

What "CRUSHED" said on "DISCORD"
laughing.jpg

Knight 3135 7293
  • 24 Jun '18
 Punzybobo

@Xekratos said:
What "CRUSHED" said on "DISCORD"
laughing.jpg

1529359100236.jpg

367 340
  • 25 Jun '18
 Peacerer

@Raegarth said:

Crushed :

About archery :

He said that it looks dope. Oh, and don't worry, as soon as few die hard veterans start complaining we will nerf arrows. If they continue to cry, we will nerf arrows again...

Just like we did with shields.

212 348

sandy castle map PlEaSe, you can beat warband Untitled.png

Duchess 774 3449
King 2425 3397

@Stouty said:
1529960394835.png

What is jared leto also cast as the riddler now?

271 939
  • 26 Jun '18
 Jackass

554169ee48

what

Knight 3135 7293
  • 26 Jun '18
 Punzybobo

@King Sinclair The FluffyDragon said:

@Stouty said:
1529960394835.png

What is jared leto also cast as the riddler now?

That's 6ix9ine u busta

Duchess 6861 9829
  • 26 Jun '18
 Sir Zombie

@Jackass said:
https://puu.sh/AM3gW/554169ee48.jpg
what

There is a large lack of content in the community

Baron 1601 5082
  • 28 Jun '18
 Lincs

Thanks for the post, man. These are some good planned changes and I'm excited to see how they shake up the meta