Mordhau

Jax throw us a bone

Knight 685 1852
  • 16 Jun '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@yourcrippledson said:

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
Don't expect an update before mid June. I would expect it to come around June 20-25 but that's a wild guess.

I hope the dev team knows, the whole community is holding you to this, and there will be fire and fury if you fail us.

That's a lot of pressure... The first part of my statement already proved to be true though.

Knight 5110 6856
  • 16 Jun '18
 Humble Staff

My guess was at most two weeks from the 14th. So basically i believe it will be released before July, i could be absolutely wrong, it's just how these things work.

Duke 85 89
  • 16 Jun '18
 Elko

@Jax said:
SDK is something that kinda works best once the game is released. If we developed and released the SDK now we'd be constantly breaking functionality and creating more work for ourselves, so it's best to get it out at release or a few months after.

Interesting. What SDK features are you planning ontop of UE's out of the box modding tools?
UE ships with an editor and scripting language (Blueprints) ready to be used by devs and modders alike.

Seems like TB simply released all their uscript and map source code to support modding, in addition to Steam Workshop integration and minor changes, like marking modded servers in the server browser.
The Workshop support was not even delivered on the initial SDK release:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/219640/announcements/detail/2003267352313075347

From my understanding, setting the flag for dynamic plugin loading and making the source code available to compile against, are all the essential steps required to allow modding in UE4.
So, just wondering what you have in store for us in terms of a fully fledged Mordhau SDK.

Duke 5484 13098
  • 17 Jun '18
 Jax — Community Manager

not sure tbh @Elko - we'll see what we can come up with

271 939
  • 20 Jun '18
 Jackass

jax pls bone me

305 836
  • 21 Jun '18
 SK.Edam

Can we get an estimation on how much is done on the update, just to make us feel better?

Duke 5484 13098
  • 21 Jun '18
 Jax — Community Manager

stuff has been done :D

we've done quite a bit on archery and vehicles, they may need some more polish and tweaking before they're ready - perks are also being worked on but not sure if those are in a "ready" state.

combat has been receiving tweaks and there's still map stuff going on, if i were to guess next patch wont have a new one included, nor will it have frontline

but I can't really say how close we are to the next update being "ready", because there aren't any set-in-stone criteria for when we'll release an update, it depends on a lot of factors that are mainly subjective.

Duke 986 1381
  • 21 Jun '18
 PadanFain

Jax eta on devblog?

305 836
  • 21 Jun '18
 SK.Edam

@PadanFain said:
Jax eta on devblog?

its above ur comment lol its coming soon.

2376 4820
  • 21 Jun '18
 Maci

@Jax said:
combat has been receiving tweaks

Yeah sorry, "tweaks" won't be enough to make the combat worthwhile from a competitive standpoint.
It needs MAJOR rework. I understand you are probably running out of money and need to push this thing out, but man, it's a shame that this won't once again be the melee title we all wanted.

Hopefully it'll sell well so you can continue development and then eventually rework combat.

Duke 986 1381
  • 21 Jun '18
 PadanFain

@SK.Edam said:

@PadanFain said:
Jax eta on devblog?

its above ur comment lol its coming soon.

No that's the update I want eta of devblog

Knight 667 995

@Maci said:

@Jax said:

Yeah sorry, "tweaks" won't be enough to make the combat worthwhile from a competitive standpoint.
It needs MAJOR rework. I understand you are probably running out of money and need to push this thing out, but man, it's a shame that this won't once again be the melee title we all wanted.

Hopefully it'll sell well so you can continue development and then eventually rework combat.

maci kys

Knight 685 1852
  • 21 Jun '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Maci said:

@Jax said:

Please, the combat is already good and getting better. To be honest the only issue I have with the gameplay right now is the fact that it's so based on ping. I can live with the rest.

251 859
  • 21 Jun '18
 Cswic

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

@Maci said:

@Jax said:

Please, the combat is already good and getting better. To be honest the only issue I have with the gameplay right now is the fact that it's so based on ping. I can live with the rest.

I really hope the ping situation improves as well. Even going from 30 to 60 ping shows a noticeable difference in the amount of time you have for reading attacks. At 80, some of the faster weapons become extremely frustrating to deal. 100+ gameplay really starts to go down the tubes.

The game is still very playable at even 100 ping and the issue may not be as noticeable with a larger playerbase as well as larger more chaotic maps. But still, it would be nice if down the line the current 80 ping could feel like 60 and current 100 feel like 80.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 22 Jun '18
 Void

Thanks for the info Jax. Tbh, I was expecting Frontline in the next patch, but np. Whatever works better for the development.
I'm glad there is good communication with you guys, as we wait.
Crush also gave some good info on discord (alpha_testing channel), a couple of hours ago.
Hyped

Duke 5484 13098
  • 22 Jun '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@Maci said:

@Jax said:

you don't even know what we're working on, so how can you just write-off the game?
there are some pretty cool experimental ideas that are being tested internally, but I'm not going to say what they are since they're likely to change before the next public build comes out

just curious though, what major rework does it need?

Mercenary 2188 3902
  • 22 Jun '18
 EruTheTeapot

@Jax said:

@Maci said:

@Jax said:

Double K.O

Knight 2307 4907
  • 22 Jun '18
 Survii

jax throw me an std

2376 4820
  • 22 Jun '18
 Maci

@Jax said:

@Maci said:

@Jax said:

you don't even know what we're working on, so how can you just write-off the game?
there are some pretty cool experimental ideas that are being tested internally, but I'm not going to say what they are since they're likely to change before the next public build comes out

The whole procedural 240 degree animation system isn't working.
How often did you try to improve combat animations now? Nothing really ever came out of it. It still looks goofy, we still got barely noticeable windups, 1 frame releases, time bending drags and so on.

I'll give you credit in the sense that you TRIED to fix it, but it just didn't work out and I honestly don't have too much expectations regarding the new update either. The only actual reliable solution seems to be to rebuild the combat with 6 distinct angles, each with their own distinct, handmade animation. No more procedural bullshit, no more excessive blending.

Sellsword 10 2
  • 22 Jun '18
 Yj

Fisting, mocking, shield wall, side with the enemy team and team kill

Personally, I hope there will be many contents and freedom like chivalry.

I also like to see improved animations like others, but if contents are not many we will feel like doing same thing over and over again. I think random events made by players make many players playing chivalry.

All I'm saying is " Please, make the two big maps big enough"

Ps. If there will be a hidden place in the big map which is not big size but interesting, that will makes people interested.