Mordhau

FIGHTS THAT LOOK LIKE FIGHTS!! O_0

Knight 925 2541
  • 4 Jun '18
 Pred

@ℒℛAHTIKUURA said:
Fights to look like fights(I'm the enemy)

Messer fights apparently are destined to never look like fights, across all games.

Baron 1551 2083

@Pred said:

@ℒℛAHTIKUURA said:

Messer fights apparently are destined to never look like fights, across all games.

Why is it even in this game? just cause it was in chivalry? It seems like it doesn't fill any niche that actually needs to be filled outside of messer fags need a messer to fag around with. The only thing it contributes to this game is retarded looking fights, cancer, everything that was wrong and un-fun about chivalry, and an excuse to (nerf everything around it/buff it) so it has a safe niche where it can continue to annoy everyone who doesn't main it.

Delete Messer.

As if that would ever happen, it needs to be the exact same as it was in Chiv cause so many comp boiz mained it because of how EZ win it was in Chiv. Messer should be 5 htk on t3 armor if it is going to continue having the best windup/release/recovery/speed/point cost balance in the entire game.

Knight 925 2541
  • 4 Jun '18
 Pred

Actually Messer and LS non-damage related stats (the ones we can see at least) are almost identical.

I don't know what gives it the floaty feel and weird insta/delay behavior, but I've seen many people bring this up so I don't think I'm imagining things.

Baron 1551 2083

@Pred said:
Actually Messer and LS non-damage related stats (the ones we can see at least) are almost identical.

I don't know what gives it the floaty feel and weird insta/delay behavior, but I've seen many people bring this up so I don't think I'm imagining things.

I don't know, but the Messer movements are definitely distinct.. Maybe it is easier to land drags with because the shape of the blade makes it behave somewhat like an axe, hitting sooner near the tip than a normal sword would? Enabling it to sometimes bypass parry/shield blocks when facehugging, that would otherwise be successful blocks.

38 84
  • 4 Jun '18
 ℒℛAHTIKUURA

@Pred said:

@ℒℛAHTIKUURA said:

what makes you think thats only doable with the messer? You can do the fishwobble the same with every weapon, also the ballet stretch. All it requires is to do the right mousemovement.

Knight 925 2541
  • 4 Jun '18
 Pred

@ℒℛAHTIKUURA said:

@Pred said:

@ℒℛAHTIKUURA said:

what makes you think thats only doable with the messer? You can do the fishwobble the same with every weapon, also the ballet stretch. All it requires is to do the right mousemovement.

I know but Messer has that special Messery factor about it.

Knight 693 1593
  • 4 Jun '18
 das

Aren't Longsword and Messer animations slightly different? I thought Messer would use Bastard Sword 2h animations (it is a 1-handable sword after all) while Longsword goes by the standard longer 2h animations (Estoc, Greatsword, Zwei).

Unrelated, Bastard Sword is probably my least favorite weapon to fight against.

Knight 528 3376
  • 4 Jun '18
 rob_owner

i think only their idle stances are different, if more is different beyond that then it isnt casually noticeable

Knight 17 8
  • 6 Jun '18
 artyom

autistic motion blur camera movement please never expose me to cancer of this magnitude again

985 6954
  • 7 Jun '18
 marox — Project Lead

@rob_owner said:
i think only their idle stances are different, if more is different beyond that then it isnt casually noticeable

This is correct

176 454
  • 7 Jun '18
 Koda

I really hope the next patch makes fights look a bit more natural and make sense.

Knight 528 3376
  • 7 Jun '18
 rob_owner

i also hope the next patch makes the fighting look better and i hope what i think i trust as making sense makes sense with what an actual system of system of sense making makes

2376 4820
  • 8 Jun '18
 Maci

@rob_owner said:
i also hope the next patch makes the fighting look better and i hope what i think i trust as making sense makes sense with what an actual system of system of sense making makes

makes sense

Duke 5484 13097
  • 9 Jun '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@rob_owner said:

that's a thing some think i we all can get behind

Knight 925 2541
  • 10 Jun '18
 Pred

Is there any way that high mouse sensitivity would fuck up your movement animations?

There is this one guy, every time he's not turncapped by parry or attack animation, his player model has very robotic movements and is fucking TREMBLING like he's in 10 fps. He seems to do a ton of violent head and torso movements for panic parry purposes so I thought this has somethign to d owith the mouse.

396 453
  • 10 Jun '18
 JasonBourne

Do u have a video ?

38 84
  • 11 Jun '18
 ℒℛAHTIKUURA

@Pred said:
Is there any way that high mouse sensitivity would fuck up your movement animations?

There is this one guy, every time he's not turncapped by parry or attack animation, his player model has very robotic movements and is fucking TREMBLING like he's in 10 fps. He seems to do a ton of violent head and torso movements for panic parry purposes so I thought this has somethign to d owith the mouse.

I'd like to see a vid tbh

Knight 925 2541
  • 11 Jun '18
 Pred

I had a few but can't find them anymore, will try to record when I see him next time.