Mordhau

FIGHTS THAT LOOK LIKE FIGHTS!! O_0

396 453
  • 1 Jun '18
 JasonBourne

After I played this guy, I found out how abusive the stabdrag still can be (no disrespect to him). So then I thought I would try to do the same and this is what happened..

I don`t know why stabsdrags can be dragged so fast, its ridiculous. Latest patch was to fix stabdrags by reducing the release instead of reducing the dragspeed. Imo its still not fixed though.

I think revert the releasecap but make the dragspeed slower, so we can test it like that.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 1 Jun '18
 Frise

what the fuck were you both doing? those were shitty stab drags and ya'll missed half of them

Knight 650 994
  • 1 Jun '18
 VampireDuck

Honestly I am a noob at mordhau but I don't see a problem with these

2374 4817
  • 1 Jun '18
 Maci

These aren't the worst offenders, but there are seriously broken attacks in general.
Chambering them is literally impossible, and even parrying is a lottery.

Knight 925 2541
  • 1 Jun '18
 Pred

I don't see anything wrong here tbh.

Have you played against Broder Tuck even? AKA the god of cancer stab?

396 453
  • 1 Jun '18
 JasonBourne

@Pred said:
I don't see anything wrong here tbh.

Have you played against Broder Tuck even? AKA the god of cancer stab?

Yea I know Broder, even since chiv, good player and hes not cheesy. He mixes stabdrags with acceldrags and masks it by looking up or down which is a good skill.

This however, you see the stab going left right left right like a drunken retard which makes chamebring and parrying litteraly gamble. Surprisingly in this video chambered them alot by doing the same movement which was unexpected.

Knight 925 2541
  • 1 Jun '18
 Pred

@JasonBourne said:
This however, you see the stab going left right left right like a drunken retard which makes chamebring and parrying litteraly gamble. Surprisingly in this video chambered them alot by doing the same movement which was unexpected.

Dunno man, this dude looks like he legit utilizes a fraction of stab drag potential compared to some good players. Just goes to the sides and that's it.

Knight 685 1851
  • 1 Jun '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

The stab drags are fine for the most part imo. Except on a handful of weapons like the pole axe and the halberd, those are still crazy looking.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 1 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

tbh your weird camera movement is the only thing wrong here.

Knight 693 1593
  • 1 Jun '18
 das

You want to already be running to the side so you don't have to guess left/right on chamber and make distance so that head/foot stabs take more time and thus have to be telegraphed. If you're caught backpedaling from facehug, you just have to read the feint and parry if you don't want to gamble. Crouch leanback matrix stab chamber is a good whiff force/late chamber force for headshot stabs. Footwork removes guesswork, being caught in a bad position forces you to rely on good ol' Chivalry feint reading/parrying skills if you don't wanna guess (and bad positioning is unavoidable depending on terrain, teammate and enemy positioning in XvX, fighting against lighter armored foe, getting flinched and thus slowed down since Patch 16, etc.)

Knight 925 2541
  • 1 Jun '18
 Pred

@das said:
You want to already be running to the side so you don't have to guess left/right on chamber and make distance so that head/foot stabs take more time and thus have to be telegraphed.

TFW you are playing against one of the runner bois and 80% of your effort is keeping them in your view.

Duke 2266 4007
  • 1 Jun '18
 Huggles

@Maci said:
These aren't the worst offenders, but there are seriously broken attacks in general.
Chambering them is literally impossible, and even parrying is a lottery.

So many chamber spammers in NA I can't take this whole "chambers too hard!" thing very seriously.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 1 Jun '18
 Frise

@Maci said:
Chambering them is literally impossible

Objectively not true.

@Maci said:
and even parrying is a lottery.

If you can't parry stab drags you're really, really bad at the game.

2374 4817
  • 1 Jun '18
 Maci

@Frise said:

@Maci said:
Chambering them is literally impossible

Objectively not true.

@Maci said:
and even parrying is a lottery.

If you can't parry stab drags you're really, really bad at the game.

What does crushs asshole taste like?

Knight 1269 3804
  • 1 Jun '18
 Frise

@Maci said:

I literally got banned for criticising him

Baron 1551 2083
  • 2 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

@Frise said:

@Maci said:

I literally got banned for criticising him

Tell the tale. I was late to the party.

Knight 86 133
  • 2 Jun '18
 Raegarth

Gosh I have the exact same exageration when I try to describe how I find wzdrags.

I think what Jason is trying to explain is that you could just need to randomly shake your camera to get that mechanic.

It may be hard to master completely but you can get a decent wzdrag pretty easily.

I think they definitely need a little rework (the mechanic is interesting but atm it’s not far from being the meta)

Knight 693 1593
  • 2 Jun '18
 das

@Pred said:

@das said:
You want to already be running to the side so you don't have to guess left/right on chamber and make distance so that head/foot stabs take more time and thus have to be telegraphed.

TFW you are playing against one of the runner bois and 80% of your effort is keeping them in your view.

This is one of those things I'd say has a plateau difficulty. It's hard at first, but suddenly tracking circlestrafers becomes really natural and easy and not even a thought anymore. Yes, I have played against Cswic, Naleaus, Huggles, and whoever else.

actual-learning-curve

Knight 138 303
  • 3 Jun '18
 Sir Boring

I fought Prince multiple times one day and learned he did two stab drags than an accel stab so I chambered them easily and beat him at one point.

... But then I told him and he instantly mixed it up and I didn't beat him again. Whoops.