Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau Loadout Manager Thread

Knight 685 1855
  • 30 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

Introduction

In the current alpha build of mordhau, there is no way to manage your loadouts. They are sorted in the order you created them, and that's it. The only way you may do it is by manually modifying a .ini file, which is less than ideal.

This is why I created the Mordhau Loadout Manager!

What's the Mordhau Loadout Manager ?

It's a little software that I created which allows you to order, archive, backup and share your Mordhau loadouts !

Here's how it looks :

Interface.PNG

Most of the functionalities are now accessible through right clicking.

The interface is pretty self explanatory, on the left you see the list of the loadouts that are currently accessible in game, and on the right the list of the loadouts that are archived, meaning that they won't be accessible in game to avoid clogging the loadout selection menu without deleting them.

Main features

Ordering loadouts

The Mordhau Loadout Manager lets you order your loadouts at will with a fancy drag and drop interface. I've even added a button to sort them alphabetically if you're too lazy to do it yourself.

Loadout archiving

You may save certain loadouts in a separate file to clean up your game's loadout selection menu without losing them. For instance in my example, I've archived my "fun" loadouts as I plan to play to go duelling and thus I need my regular loadouts ready. I can easily boot up the software again and add them back to the game later on.

Loadout sharing (experimental)

After selecting a loadout and pressing the Copy Share Code button, a share code will be generated and appear in the text area below. You can copy this code to share it, anyone pasting this code back in the Mordhau Loadout Manager and pressing the Import From Share Code button will get your loadout ! This feature is experimental as the share code is still huge (still smaller than the loadout code itself). Here's what a share code looks like currently :

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
It's shorter than the actual loadout code, but still pretty awful looking. I will see how I can improve this feature in the future.

Loadout Backups

By using the backups buttons on the center, you can manage backups of your Game.ini file containing all your loadouts.

Downloading

It is currently uploaded on my google drive, I will post the share links to the different versions here :

Up-to-date version :

Mordhau Loadout Manager V1.5 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ezk2dlON-b0g9S4f5vP3J4BYn7L-JMEi

The interface have been reworked, most of the buttons have been replaced with a right click menu.
You will also be notified if there is a more recent version avaliable.

Additional Notes

Please Make a Manual Backup

While the current version have been extensively tested and should be fine, I recommend saving your Game.ini file somewhere else before you start using Mordhau Loadout Manager. It can be found at C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsClient. You never know...

Steam Cloud Conflicts

Note that the steam cloud isn't too happy about the game's files changing. If the steam cloud report a conflict, always select "upload to the steam cloud".

Bug reports and suggestions

Don't hesitate to report bugs in this thread, I will make sure to take a look at them.
I'm also open to suggestions. What kind of features would you like to see in Mordhau Loadout Manager ?

Special thanks

To triternion. You guys are doing a hell of a job and we love it !

Duke 5558 13284
  • 30 May '18
 Jax — Community Manager

Well, this is fucking neat

Baron 1647 5234
  • 30 May '18
 Lincs

Very nice job with this, this is a huge QoL improvement for us customization freaks. Take my like

Knight 3313 6811
  • 30 May '18
 Bodkin

received_593671444336085.png

brlxc.jpg

I see BoB gave even more people my loadout. Thanks BoB.....

Duke 5558 13284
  • 30 May '18
 Jax — Community Manager

This topic has been moved.

Duke 5558 13284
  • 30 May '18
 Jax — Community Manager

This topic has been pinned.

71 555
  • 30 May '18
 Vesanus — Level Design

That's pretty dope, nice work dude!

Knight 60 90
  • 31 May '18
 Ignorance Brigade

the modding scene is born

Mercenary 108 580
210 726
  • 31 May '18
 Neo — Webmaster

This is great! I thought about doing something similar. I made a very simple .bat script to simplify installing loadouts. It basically just asks you to paste the loadout code and appends it to your Game.ini. Maybe you can use it :)

@echo off
setlocal
:PROMPT
SET /P DATA=Paste the loadout and press ENTER: 
IF /I "%DATA%" == "" GOTO END
ECHO DATA>>"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\Game.ini"
SET /P TMP=Done. :)
:END
endlocal
Knight 685 1855
  • 31 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Neo said:
This is great! I thought about doing something similar. I made a very simple .bat script to simplify installing loadouts. It basically just asks you to paste the loadout code and appends it to your Game.ini. Maybe you can use it :)

@echo off
setlocal
:PROMPT
SET /P DATA=Paste the loadout and press ENTER: 
IF /I "%DATA%" == "" GOTO END
ECHO DATA>>"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\Game.ini"
SET /P TMP=Done. :)
:END
endlocal

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately I don't know anything about .bat scripts :(

Here's how the loadout sharing works :
it's possible to import a loadout from either a share code or the loadout code itself, but both are very large strings. The share code is basically the loadout code that I zipped and converted to base64 to prevent data loss. I also check that the loadout code has the same number of '(' and ')', that there's only two " and that it start with the proper header, to make sure that the given loadout code is correct.

If you have a better idea to generate share codes, I will be happy to implement it !

210 726
  • 31 May '18
 Neo — Webmaster

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately I don't know anything about .bat scripts :(

it's possible to import a loadout from either a share code or the loadout code itself, but both are very large strings. The share code is basically the loadout code that I zipped and converted to base64 to prevent data loss. I also check that the loadout code has the same number of '(' and ')', that there's only two " and that it start with the proper header, to make sure that the given loadout code is correct.

If you have a better idea to generate share codes, I will be happy to implement it !

That sounds like a good way of doing it.

My idea was to create a public browsable list of loadouts users could share. Kind of like the "Post your knigga" thread, but with a download button. The .bat file would contain the loadout code, so you could just one-click install another person's loadout without fiddling with config files.

Knight 321 611
  • 31 May '18
 Duckalot

Nice work! However, i cant seem to load in my loadouts. I get this message when i try.
29dc35d7d9c3b9ab9d529f48038646ae.png

Looks like my royal guard is actually an invalid :(

Knight 685 1855
  • 31 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Duckalot said:
Nice work! However, i cant seem to load in my loadouts. I get this message when i try.
29dc35d7d9c3b9ab9d529f48038646ae.png

Looks like my royal guard is actually an invalid :(

It's because it has more than two " in it. I wonder why though because all of my loadout doesn't look like yours. I will change the condition as soon as possible.

Knight 685 1855
  • 31 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Neo said:

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

That sounds like a good way of doing it.

My idea was to create a public browsable list of loadouts users could share. Kind of like the "Post your knigga" thread, but with a download button. The .bat file would contain the loadout code, so you could just one-click install another person's loadout without fiddling with config files.

That sounds dope. Do you think you could do a loadout gallerie on the official website ? We could browse and vote for the loadouts people uploaded from the game (or from my loadout manager for the time being) as well as getting the share code of those you like.

Knight 3313 6811
Mercenary 108 580
210 726
  • 1 Jun '18
 Neo — Webmaster

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

That sounds dope. Do you think you could do a loadout gallerie on the official website ? We could browse and vote for the loadouts people uploaded from the game (or from my loadout manager for the time being) as well as getting the share code of those you like.

That was exactly the idea, yes.

Knight 685 1855
  • 1 Jun '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Neo said:

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

That was exactly the idea, yes.

So, when will it be done ? :D

210 726
  • 1 Jun '18
 Neo — Webmaster

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
So, when will it be done ? :D

Good question. I started on it, have the basic functionality down, but it doesn't look good, so I need to work more on that. It also needs some kind of moderation.

Ideally, it should just hook into the game itself, so you can import/export from the game. It would be cool, but I don't want to bother the other devs with this at this stage.