Mordhau

Let's all remember..

271 936
  • 17 May '18
 Jackass

The forums are very heated at the moment, and for good reason too. Many players aren't satisfied with the current state of the game which I completely understand.

But let's all just remember that the Mordhau devs are some of the best indie devs out there. They've made a great game that they're trying to improve every day.

Let's spread the love. <3

305 831
  • 17 May '18
 SK.Edam

I beg to differ, i barely see any unsatisfied alpha players only a few retards who are shit at the game so they "demand" the devs to implement shit that will supposedly make the game better other than that i dont see cancerous topics in the forum you should check bannershit forums if you think this one is bad lol.

Duke 2264 3985
  • 17 May '18
 Huggles

I still think patch 16 is probably the best the game has been from an objective point of view. It's just been overhyped a bit is all and people are starting to see the cracks more as some time has passed and we have all adjusted to the changes.

271 936
  • 17 May '18
 Jackass

@SK.Edam said:
I beg to differ, i barely see any unsatisfied alpha players only a few retards who are shit at the game so they "demand" the devs to implement shit that will supposedly make the game better other than that i dont see cancerous topics in the forum you should check bannershit forums if you think this one is bad lol.

There are plenty of people who gives constructive and good feedback because there in fact are things in the game not working 100% properly.

Baron 1551 2066
  • 17 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Huggles said:
I still think patch 16 is probably the best the game has been from an objective point of view. It's just been overhyped a bit is all and people are starting to see the cracks more as some time has passed and we have all adjusted to the changes.

As long as no devs go around touting about how "the game is fine so no more updates for a while"... I think most players can control their rage issues.

Knight 692 2844
  • 18 May '18
 Mittsies

@Jackass said:
Many players aren't satisfied with the current state of the game

I mean everyone has their complaints (read: feedback), but I wouldn't say people are overall dissatisfied with the game.

@Huggles said:
I still think patch 16 is probably the best the game has been from an objective point of view.

Shouldn't the latest patch always be the best patch from an objective point of view, since every patch brings us closer to perfection?

Baron 1551 2066
  • 18 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Mittsies said:

@Huggles said:
I still think patch 16 is probably the best the game has been from an objective point of view.

Shouldn't the latest patch always be the best patch from an objective point of view, since every patch brings us closer to perfection?

No. The dev team removes, changes and adds experimental mechanics sometimes. Like Patch 15 removed all the problems from patch 14, but defense was so easy and the game was so slow it was unplayable. 15 much worse that 14.

Knight 692 2844
  • 18 May '18
 Mittsies

@yourcrippledson said:

@Mittsies said:

@Huggles said:

No. The dev team removes, changes and adds experimental mechanics sometimes. Like Patch 15 removed all the problems from patch 14, but defense was so easy and the game was so slow it was unplayable. 15 much worse that 14.

yeah but, that's 1 less experiment that has to happen in the future, thus ultimately bringing us closer to a polished game

Duke 2264 3985
  • 18 May '18
 Huggles

@Mittsies said:

@Jackass said:
Many players aren't satisfied with the current state of the game

I mean everyone has their complaints (read: feedback), but I wouldn't say people are overall dissatisfied with the game.

@Huggles said:

No, I can recall three patches that took step backwards than step forwards.

There was a patch that had up to a 600ms parry lockout that made the game feel so fucking slow it was insane. I think somewhere around patch 8-10

There was a patch that was whiff and glance central. I think somewhere around patch 10-13 Basic drags would frequently not do any damage or glance, it was terrible.

Lastly, patch 15 was probably the most boring game I've ever played. Not the pacing of engagements, as in the speed of attacks and back and forth was fine and everything. But even mediocre fucking players could just deal with almost any offensive move with very minimal effort. It was by far the most frustrating patch for me.

Patch 16 feels slightly more stale to me compared to patch 14 which I definitely had the most raw enjoyment from. But even I understand a lot of the things I could do in patch 14 were kinda broken and bullshit and would not be good for retaining casual players. Patch 16 strikes the best balance between making the game enjoyable for casuals and not making staying alive for more than 5 seconds impossible against good players, while at the same time not making defense laughably easy like it was in patch 15. Also for TEAMFIGHTS I definitely think patch 16 is the best with all of its changes. Patch 14 was probably the best from a dueling perspective.

I don't mind the fuck ups though. The fuck up patches are crucial to making the game better over time. Some of the worst patches have been followed up by the best, as the worst patches usually come from pushing some crazy new idea that breaks the game but gets refined the next. Like I'm kinda predicting that this new angle shit might make patch 17 terrible and all the defense and offense shifts it touches. But if patch 17 is pretty bad from a combat point of view, I have no doubt patch 18 will be great. I kinda expect them to fuck combat at least once or twice more before fixing it until release. It's just part of the cycle tbh.

Baron 1551 2066
  • 18 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Huggles said:
There was a patch that was whiff and glance central. I think somewhere around patch 10-13 Basic drags would frequently not do any damage or glance, it was terrible.

patch 11. I remember because I jumped on to duel for the first time in months and it felt so weird. Look at the progress we've made.

With every patch we ARE closer to perfection, but the gameplay in the patch itself may or may not represent this advancement.

36 70
  • 18 May '18
 Elder

@SK.Edam said:

That's because the unsatisfied alpha players left months ago. I'd rather the devs listen to them than those who think this game is idyllic.

36 70
Knight 222 187
  • 18 May '18
 REKTKWONDO

Game is literally as its worst state since the Patch N°1

Unskilled, untidy and adlled, Chamber still fucked and useless, drag (delay) are still too powerful and so easy to do
No flinch for ranged
Riposte TRADE is so shit
Footwork and movement are shit since we got all of those movement speed nerf
Still no cut into cut chamber riposte
Feint with bik lockout so we cant feint to chamber

D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T.

Now it will be the same as chivalry, we need SDK to make the game good

SDK WHEN ?

Knight 154 449
  • 18 May '18
 Nautilus

@Elder said:

@SK.Edam said:

That's because the unsatisfied alpha players left months ago. I'd rather the devs listen to them than those who think this game is idyllic.

That's true, most people on my steam friends list who got Mordhau stopped playing months ago. In fact, most people who got alpha and beta access stopped playing a while ago. A lot of them told me that they just don't like the game, and many of them are unsure about the game because it's in alpha. To each their own.

305 831
  • 18 May '18
 SK.Edam

@Nautilus said:

@Elder said:

@SK.Edam said:

That's true, most people on my steam friends list who got Mordhau stopped playing months ago. In fact, most people who got alpha and beta access stopped playing a while ago. A lot of them told me that they just don't like the game, and many of them are unsure about the game because it's in alpha. To each their own.
hm does none of your steam friends have an extra key to spare, lol i know im desperate.

305 831
  • 18 May '18
 SK.Edam

@SK.Edam said:

@Nautilus said:

@Elder said:

@SK.Edam said:

hm does none of your steam friends have an extra key to spare, lol i know im desperate.

Knight 154 449
  • 18 May '18
 Nautilus

@SK.Edam said:

@SK.Edam said:

@Nautilus said:

@Elder said:

@SK.Edam said:

I don't think you'll find a key anywhere; they've all been sold really. I'd recommend waiting for release as anyone who says they have an extra key are probably just trying to scam you. Especially since the official key selling thread was closed down and you can no longer get a middle man to make sure you don't get scammed.

Baron 1551 2066
  • 18 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Nautilus said:

@SK.Edam said:

@SK.Edam said:

@Nautilus said:

@Elder said:

@SK.Edam said:

I don't think you'll find a key anywhere; they've all been sold really. I'd recommend waiting for release as anyone who says they have an extra key are probably just trying to scam you. Especially since the official key selling thread was closed down and you can no longer get a middle man to make sure you don't get scammed.

There is no way to trade the game after the key has been activated is there?

Knight 154 449
  • 18 May '18
 Nautilus

@yourcrippledson said:

@Nautilus said:

@SK.Edam said:

@SK.Edam said:

@Nautilus said:

@Elder said:

@SK.Edam said:

There is no way to trade the game after the key has been activated is there?

No, a key is only a one-time use code, just like a gift card.