Mordhau

Keybinds or 240?

Count 668 1104
  • 18 May
 Zexis

@vanguard said:
240 feels better but plays worse. The main problem with it is that sometimes you will try to left-to-right overhead, but it will instead right-to-left

this is my biggest issue too. it's player error, but one I can avoid with binds

Baron 1180 1452

I don't see how people can say keyboind is the best when BOTH simultaneously is clearly superior. You can get the speed/consistency from binds if you need it and precision of 240. Learn to use both. Seriously, it will result in the best end-game even if it is hard to get the hang of.

Conscript 3830 4436
  • 18 May
 vanguard

@Zexis said:

@vanguard said:
240 feels better but plays worse. The main problem with it is that sometimes you will try to left-to-right overhead, but it will instead right-to-left

this is my biggest issue too. it's player error, but one I can avoid with binds

Indeed, it is a player error but I think it's caused because of how the mechanic and the game works. You gotta look everywhere all the time while fighting, you most probably will already be using mouse movement for something else when you want to attack, so for instance, footworking and winding up the proper attack you want can be quite the challenge.

Knight 618 1376
  • 18 May
 Frise

I played with 240 for like 200 hours, maybe a little less, and I did think that it felt much better than binds and all that.... But honestly, after changing to binds and getting used to it, it's not only more competitive, it really does feel way better. You feel completely free in regards to inputs during mouse movements, and it's something less to worry about. I do enjoy the game more with binds, competitiveness aside.

Having a 240 button even if you use binds is good though, for example, you can throw a horizontal strike that's slightly vertical for a more consistent wessex.

82 238
  • 19 May
 Cswic

What binds do you guys typically use?

Baron 1180 1452

@Cswic said:

@yourcrippledson said:
Click MMB to switch attack sides. Scroll up for underhand attacks, scroll down for overhead... ELEGANCE

I can throw 4 different attacks with only the mouse wheel this way.

Count 668 1104
  • 19 May
 Zexis

@Cswic said:

Left click - 240
Right click - parry
Scroll up - stab
Scroll down - right overhead
Mouse button 4 - left underhand
Mouse button 5 - right underhand

I've considered swapping one of the mouse side buttons to left overhead, might be more useful and would chamber right overheads easily. Basically I ported my chiv binds to re-use some muscle memory

256 423

Ive gone from all binds to just 240 and swapped back many times... now I use binded overheads with 240 slashes/stabs. I use 240 to chamber/swing and overhead binds to deliver lightning accels at the right moment. Binds may technically be the best but chambering on 240 feels the most natural. Hybrid is the best approach imo

Knight 176 127

First config for my first 100h was :

Right click - Parry
Left click - 240
Scroll up - stab
Scroll down - Overhead Left/Right with mouse direction
Mouse button 4 - Feint
Mouse button 5 - Kick

The config I use with my Nyth :

Right click - Parry
Scroll up - Nothing
Scroll down - Feint
Mid Button : Kick
Left click - Stab
THUMB 1 : L OverH
THUMB 2 : L Swing
THUMB 3 : L UnderH
THUMB 4 : R OverH
THUMB 5 : R Swing
THUMB 6 : R UnderH

Literally the best mouse and config for this game
Maybe I should take a picture of it fom you
That mouse is the best for Mordhau but the worst for other game and its expensive

16 12

so, the 240 is the base game combat mechanics that the devs showed off?

and do binds follow your camera similar to the 240?

Baron 1180 1452

@REKTKWONDO said:
Literally the best mouse and config for this game
Maybe I should take a picture of it fom you
That mouse is the best for Mordhau but the worst for other game and its expensive

https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Mammoth-Programmable-Profiles-Switches/dp/B00GU4F4OM/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q3ES5DZATTFATTVAGJN5

Cheap as dirt

16000 DPI (which is LOL 4000 is great)

All features of standard gaming mouse n stuff. with adjustable weights for the most autistic autist.

Switched from a $70 razor.

Liked it so much I bought a second one, just in case. and after 2 years and much abuse my first one still works perfectly. Which is incredible seeing as how I push the MMB and scroll at the same time to do Alt-attacks, and have since I got this thing.

Knight 176 127

I personaly use 6 for W Sensy, 200 DPI with the mouse, without any accel and 1.0 sensy in game (in mordau)

But I have a Logitech G Pro for game like counter strike, one of the best with the Zowie

Wait lemme take a picture of my mouse so you'll understand why it's the best

1526771600-20180520-003822

6 thumb button on the bottom left are for chamber

Duke 2051 3255
  • 20 May
 Huggles

mouse x axis flip attack side (so it is 240 only when it comes to swinging left or right)

lmb = horizontal slash
Scroll Wheel Up = Stab
Scroll Wheel Down = Overhead
Thumb Button 1 = Uppercut
Thumb Button 2 = 240
q = feint
f = kick
ctrl = crouch
Hold Shift = Sprint

Count 550 1852

LMB = Parry
RMB = Lower Right Strike
Mouse Thumb = Lower Left Strike
Scroll Down = Use key
Scroll Click = Weapon Mode
Q = Feint
E = Right Strike
F = Left Strike
R = Right Upper Strike
Tab = Left Upper Strike
Spacebar = Left Stab
C = Right Stab
Left Alt = Kick
Left CTRL = Crouch
G = Jump

Baron 1180 1452

@EatAtRedLobster said:
LMB = Parry
RMB = Lower Right Strike
Mouse Thumb = Lower Left Strike
Scroll Down = Use key

.. use key?

Count 550 1852

Not everything is an excuse for a meme, Son.

Your understanding of this concept would increase if you would but only indulge more in the bountiful harvest of the sea that only your nearest Red Lobster™ can provide.

Duke 4888 9646
  • 20 May
 Jax — Community Manager

strike = LMB
stab =MWU
parry = RMB
feint = RMB
kick = MWD

the easiest shit m'dudes

oh and angleafterattackpress but i just play normally

as for other shit
push to talk on button 4
200dpi held key on button 5 for sick throwzz
paddle in between lmb/rmb changes weapons (+mouse modifier for slot 3 and 4)
modifier + lmb = switch weapon mode/throw, I still use R for stationary throws but not in melee to change weapon modes

my mouse has like 32 possible buttons and none of them are in the way, and they're super quick to click

gallery-tyon-blk-picture5-v1-1-80-000-830x490

Knight 72 62
  • 21 May
 Raegarth

I’m using the Razer Naga Hex V2. It is so good that I feel like it was designed for Mordhau

7956A807-3047-4990-906E-751F595A0F5C.png

Should have no need to tell which attack is on which button just copy/paste the 240 system and you´ll get my configurations.

But
1 : left overhead
3 : right overhead
4 : left slash
7 : right slash
5 : left underhand
6 : right underhand

2 : kick as I thought it was the hardest button to hit with my thumb, I didn’t bind the right overhead on it.

LMB : Stab
RMB : Parry
Mouse Wheel Up : Facepalm emote (to duck and rise shield without actually rising it in order ro protect me from throwables)
Mouse Wheel Down : Come at Me emote (To matrix and because It’s badass)

Though Razer now sells the Razer Trinity that allow you to change buttons set for the same price (99$) for other games.

Conscript 3830 4436
  • 21 May
 vanguard

I use LMB for cuts, MWU for stabs, MWD for a right-to-left overhead, RMB Parry or feint, space bar is feint, jump with Alt, F for kick.

I felt the need to bind a overhead because its pretty handy to be able to consistently throw the most unreadable attack in the game, accel overhead into footdrag.

I chamber only using the 240 system.

Maybe I'll go back to using MWD for cuts together with LMB again as I did before, if we get a cool crosshair for the 240 system. That, by far, was the control layout that felt the best for me. But inconsistencies when trying to overhead is just too fucking annoying.

Argh tbh this is something I find rather frustrating about the game, I want to use the 240 system but it is so fucking annoying man. It really makes me sad to be in the middle of a fight and eat a hit just because I'm using this goddamn system. A hit that could be absolutely avoided by using binds instead.

What Huggles says is true at the moment imho, your fighting potential won't become fully realized if you use the 240 system.

Its this essential contradiction on the game that kills me sometimes, do I want to play to win and have fun by winning, or do I want to have fun by enjoying the fights themselves, without worrying about KD or whatever? At the moment I've been choosing the last option tbh but ehh... wish I could do both at the same time, but worring about KD while playing with the 240 system is basically masochism.

Knight 176 127

@vanguard said:

I felt the need to bind a overhead because its pretty handy to be able to consistently throw the most unreadable attack in the game, accel overhead into footdrag.

Thanks, someone admit it and its closely the same with Accel under into head drag :D
That thing need fix.

Argh tbh this is something I find rather frustrating about the game, I want to use the 240 system but it is so fucking annoying man. It really makes me sad to be in the middle of a fight and eat a hit just because I'm using this goddamn system. A hit that could be absolutely avoided by using binds instead.

Just use it so. 240 system is easy to start with, so it should not be as good as keybind, if so, chamber and the game in general will be too easy. Still, using 240 system dont prevent you from using Keybind so I dont understand what you're a-complainin' about

I personally no use 240 but I did it before, and I dont had problem to start an Overhead, the real problem was starting an overhead and lookdown to reach Overhead leg drag