Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Please REMOVE

252 866
  • 7 Jul '18
 Cswic

Why are stand alone morphs the enemy? They seem easier to read than most of the lookdown overhead feints people are fond of.

Knight 941 2569
  • 8 Jul '18
 Pred

@Stouty said:
It's a concern that seems to me only frightens pubbers. Comp players are confident that they will farm any player regardless of their perspective and tbh people should adopt this mindset. Most of the players wanting 3rd person are Witcher/Dark Souls players who will get absolutely harvested by anyone already posting here, having more players in the game should be encouraged.

"0.000001th of the playerbase that are comp players will have no problem dealing with pubbers using a broken thing X or Y" is literally the worst argument ever, try to apply it to every other problem and let's see how playable the game is going to be. I'm pretty sure 0.0000001th of Chivalry players were good enough to not be bothered that much by noobs trying to trade like retards, but nonetheless, the game for remaining 0.9999999th of people did end up a trade shitfest. You let one thing sli[p because of "100 gud players will manage" here, another thing there and you end up with another Chivalry.

Attacks read different enough between 1st and 3rd that it is a concern. Everyone in the game now is biased toward 1st person, but what if the new wave of people find 3rd easier and we end up with game being 50/50 instead of vitrually all 1st with a lone 3rd person dude here or there? Does that sound any good for muh competitive skillbased gaem?

Baron 1551 2087
  • 8 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

@Pred said:

@Stouty said:
It's a concern that seems to me only frightens pubbers. Comp players are confident that they will farm any player regardless of their perspective and tbh people should adopt this mindset. Most of the players wanting 3rd person are Witcher/Dark Souls players who will get absolutely harvested by anyone already posting here, having more players in the game should be encouraged.

"0.000001th of the playerbase that are comp players will have no problem dealing with pubbers using a broken thing X or Y" is literally the worst argument ever, try to apply it to every other problem and let's see how playable the game is going to be. I'm pretty sure 0.0000001th of Chivalry players were good enough to not be bothered that much by noobs trying to trade like retards, but nonetheless, the game for remaining 0.9999999th of people did end up a trade shitfest. You let one thing sli[p because of "100 gud players will manage" here, another thing there and you end up with another Chivalry.

Attacks read different enough between 1st and 3rd that it is a concern. Everyone in the game now is biased toward 1st person, but what if the new wave of people find 3rd easier and we end up with game being 50/50 instead of vitrually all 1st with a lone 3rd person dude here or there? Does that sound any good for muh competitive skillbased gaem?

Dude, you just don't understand, because unlike Stouty, you haven't yet gotten gud. Git gud before you say anything about Mordhau, or Stouty will be there, with his skill, to remind you how you aren't gud enough to get it.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 8 Jul '18
 Stouty

@Cswic said:
Why are stand alone morphs the enemy? They seem easier to read than most of the lookdown overhead feints people are fond of.

They're just as hard if not harder imo and are more powerful in every other respect

@Pred said:

Slippery slope fallacy, removing first hit flinch is not in the debate at all and of course would lower the skill ceiling. If half the playerbase wants to use 3rd that's fine it will just mean that half the playerbase are shitters

Duke 2266 4010
  • 8 Jul '18
 Huggles

@Stouty said:
Chiv 3rd person allowed for almost MOBA tier vision around your character which was great for dominating pubs, this isn't available in Mordhau. If you spend your whole day stomping pubs you can get a better k/d than a player who is more talented than you because pub stomping relies on learning noob mindsets and avoiding your own team tking you etc rather than being a better player.

Also frontline is a pub match. Trying to be ultra competitive in a pub match will always end badly because your team won't share your enthusiasm 90% of the time and you can't properly balance teams that large so why even get embroiled over this

Great points Stouty.

let's direct our attention to the real enemy, stand alone morphs

Fuck off Stouty.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 9 Jul '18
 Frise

hahahahah this nigga can't read morphs hahahahahaha

Duchess 806 3550
  • 9 Jul '18
 Stouty

I can read them but can't punish them (unless you count footwork gambling)

Edit: This is actually the main reason I dislike them. In order to punish a feint you have to react extremely quickly, ideally as the weapon returns to its rest state. The morph also undergoes this return to idle movement mimicking a feint thus baiting a punish. The result being that this brainless mechanic will not only successfully counter chambers whilst also acting as a feint by threatening an insta-hit, but it will also counter the most skillful players who attempt to punish (and it does all this at a lower stam cost than a feint). In the attemp to nerf feints triternion have spawned a far worse creation than feints EVER were

252 866
  • 9 Jul '18
 Cswic

Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly so far. So morphs, meant to be a soft counter to chambers (aka feint punishes), can't be easily punished by said chamber attempts / punishes?

Isn't that the point?

As for the return to idle anim part, are there specific weapons you notice this more on? When I went to look at some of the weapon anims for morphs in 3rd person just now I didn't see any that stood out as looking like return to idle anims the way some parries / riposte angle combinations can.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 9 Jul '18
 Huggles

@Stouty said:
I can read them but can't punish them (unless you count footwork gambling)

Edit: This is actually the main reason I dislike them. In order to punish a feint you have to react extremely quickly, ideally as the weapon returns to its rest state. The morph also undergoes this return to idle movement mimicking a feint thus baiting a punish. The result being that this brainless mechanic will not only successfully counter chambers whilst also acting as a feint by threatening an insta-hit, but it will also counter the most skillful players who attempt to punish (and it does all this at a lower stam cost than a feint). In the attemp to nerf feints triternion have spawned a far worse creation than feints EVER were

I never get this feeling. Morphs are a continuous animation to me, the attack always looks like it is progressing. There are no stops, just transitions. This is why it looks and feels much different than a feint.

With feints the attack visibly stops. This indicates that you can punish. With morphs the attack never stops, so why would you think you can punish?

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 9 Jul '18
 vanguard

Standalone morphs are indeed kinda stupid imho exactly because of this

...The result being that this brainless mechanic will not only successfully counter chambers whilst also acting as a feint by threatening an insta-hit

The insta-hit here is the key to understand the cancerous aspect of it.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 9 Jul '18
 Stouty

@Huggles said:
I never get this feeling. Morphs are a continuous animation to me, the attack always looks like it is progressing. There are no stops, just transitions. This is why it looks and feels much different than a feint.

With feints the attack visibly stops. This indicates that you can punish. With morphs the attack never stops, so why would you think you can punish?

Yeah I might have been wrong about this thinking about it, if I get a clip of it definitely happening and not just a failed chamber attempt I'll upload it. But still, I think they're too effective as feints and should have the stam balance looked at when compared to actual feints

Knight 2308 4188
  • 10 Jul '18
 Runagate

delet 3rd person who needs it

And I'm serious, what purpose does it serve other than to make like 10 people happy?

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 11 Jul '18
 EruTheTeapot

Please REMOVE Analgrinder