Mordhau

Please REMOVE

Baron 1551 2083

@Lincs said:

@das said:
Mirage Arcane Warfare magically glowing blade during riposte-parry, like AP with on ripostes with MAGIC!

Or Active Clash so we can have Slasher Clasher Racer again.

I was thinking audio cues, too. A big whoosh, or a clang sound. Good sound design is essential to competitive games anyway, and I think adding good audio cues for obscure mechanics like AP ripostes is a step in the right direction. Maybe some kind of lens flare around the character as well?

Have our characters yell what they are doing in an anime voice. "AHAA I AM UNFLINCHABRU!"

Knight 925 2541
  • 7 Jun '18
 Pred

I did some hiding behind rocks in 3rd person and pulling people off horses when they were riding by.

Also another thing, when you are fighting a guy and try to circle to his sides or make your attacks go outside his field of view, you are putting yourself at risk while at the same time this tactics are being counterproductive for you when he happens to be in 3rd person, as you are only making everything more readable to him because his model is not blocking the view.

It would be good to have an indicator if your enemy is using 1st or 3rd person, because your approach would be very different to fighting them.

Mercenary 2188 3902
  • 7 Jun '18
 EruTheTeapot

Alpha population has extreme low numbers in 3rd use I think ?

Knight 651 994
  • 7 Jun '18
 VampireDuck

@EruTheTeapot said:

all the more reason to remove it now rather than have thousands of complaints after release about it being removed.

Baron 1604 5082
  • 7 Jun '18
 Lincs

3rd person is one case where I'd actually argue against using language like "remove" and instead just opt for disabling it on official servers.

That way, it'd probably go over more easily. The custom server crowd can enable it and run around in 3rd, have a blast, etc. without affecting competitive play.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 8 Jun '18
 Void

@EruTheTeapot said:

You are probably right, but I have the impression that lots of guys use it in teamfights.
You can tell, when someone sees you in a weird angle behind his back. Of course, there is also listening to footsteps so idk

Baron 1551 2083
  • 8 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

@EruTheTeapot said:

I switch to it situationally. AKA I exploit it when I can.

Knight 925 2541
  • 8 Jun '18
 Pred

Please also remove:

• Whatever it is that lets you pretend your parry is a riposte stab
  • Eveningstar close grip
  • Whatever makes slow weapons not slow at all
  • Ability to chamber on 1 point weapons

Thank you.

Knight 685 1852
  • 8 Jun '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Pred said:
Please also remove:

• Whatever it is that lets you pretend your parry is a riposte stab
  • Eveningstar close grip
  • Whatever makes slow weapons not slow at all
  • Ability to chamber on 1 point weapons

Thank you.

In a few months Pred will ask for mordhau to be removed...

Mercenary 2188 3902
  • 9 Jun '18
 EruTheTeapot

@Pred said:

• Eveningstar close grip

Fuck me, right ?
I'm not even sure troll or serious tbh

Baron 1551 2083
  • 9 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

@EruTheTeapot said:

@Pred said:

• Eveningstar close grip

Fuck me, right ?
I'm not even sure troll or serious tbh

They do need to fix it so it isn't going through my hand very blatantly on some of the mace heads.

Knight 92 313
  • 12 Jun '18
 Darkfyre

Remove 3rd person. Saying that we need it to attract newbs is a false idea. There are lots of games that are 1p only, that have great followings. Why do you think CSGO is 1st person only. To make sure everyone is on the same playing field. It has no place in this competitive-focused game. Competitive focused =/= unfriendly to newbs.

305 836
  • 15 Jun '18
 SK.Edam

why remove it when you can make it an option? chiv had it no one seemed to care?

Baron 1551 2083
  • 15 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

@SK.Edam said:
why remove it when you can make it an option? chiv had it no one seemed to care?

@yourcrippledson said:
well this is kina gey

Maybe read the thread

305 836
  • 15 Jun '18
 SK.Edam

@yourcrippledson said:

@SK.Edam said:

@yourcrippledson said:
well this is kina gey

Maybe read the thread

I understand the problem and i hate 3rd corners coming from arma i can tell you how bad it is, but removing completely is unreasonable it should be an option like every other game.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 15 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

@SK.Edam said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@SK.Edam said:

@yourcrippledson said:
well this is kina gey

Maybe read the thread

I understand the problem and i hate 3rd corners coming from arma i can tell you how bad it is, but removing completely is unreasonable it should be an option like every other game.

For custom servers everything should be an option. But official servers, nah.

305 836
  • 15 Jun '18
 SK.Edam

@yourcrippledson said:

@SK.Edam said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@SK.Edam said:

@yourcrippledson said:
well this is kina gey

Maybe read the thread

That doesn't make sense, they should make official servers with 3rd person and ones without why should official servers be first person only?

Baron 1551 2083
  • 15 Jun '18
 yourcrippledson

@SK.Edam said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@SK.Edam said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@SK.Edam said:

@yourcrippledson said:
well this is kina gey

Maybe read the thread

That doesn't make sense, they should make official servers with 3rd person and ones without why should official servers be first person only?

Because contrary to what you believe, not every game has third person, and not every game should have third person.

Knight 925 2541
  • 15 Jun '18
 Pred

@SK.Edam said:

Because 1st person Mordhau and 3rd person Mordhau are two different games. Situation far from ideal in a game that's supposed to be about muh skill, which would require playing field to be as level as possible.

For example, how an all 3rd person team and all 1st person team are supposed to engage in a dick measuring game of Skirmish (first to 7 wins)? Is 1 win exaclty as hard to get for the 1st person team as for the 3rd person team? Maybe having the same sum of skill would give you 7 wins in 3rd person but only 5 wins in 1st person? Who knows.

Duke 5483 13094
  • 15 Jun '18
 Jax — Community Manager

The issue is that you guys are talking about 3P potentially providing a miniscule advantage in certain situations, meanwhile the main mode will allow complete noobs to get octo-kills against melee vets with a catapult by simply clicking lmb. If you want ultra-balanced and competitive play in Mordhau, you'll be able to go play ranked modes where 3P will most likely be disabled.

There is still obviously an element of skill to the game in any mode, even Frontline, but FL is already so chaotic with 64p, vehicles etc. that it's never going to be perfectly balanced, so we're focusing on making it fun. Casual players won't care about a tiny 3P advantage if it even exists, because they're going to be busy dropping rocks on each other's heads.

Frontline - fun
Ranked - competitive