Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Please REMOVE

Count 3976 8339
  • 19 May '18
 TheDankestMeme

@yourcrippledson said:
I am mostly indifferent to these suggestions, with the exception that I believe hit trades to be better than AP in almost all aspects.
And I dislike 3rd person.

@Netherim said:
Is there anything objectively wrong with 3rd person?

@yourcrippledson said:
well this is kina gey

Hiding around a corner with a 1 shot weapon. gey. Imma do this a lot if they keep 3rd person as it is, just out of spite.

this guy isnt worthy of the maul

Count 671 1131
  • 19 May '18
 Zexis

3pp is fine, not sure why some people hate it so much. It has some minor advantages but also disadvantages, just disable it in comp and make it a toggle for private server owners.

AP was weird and unintuitive. I miss it sometimes but I'm happy to test trades for awhile

I am not a fan of the current kick. I liked older kick, a fast attack to take some hp and stam away from people who got too close. Current kick encourages fishing for free hits and the follow up accel, while useful and removes the need for a longer stun, is a bit weird and unintuitive. There is already a lot to keep track of in the game regarding attack speeds between normal attacks, ripostes, chambers, and now kicks. But that's just me

Indifferent on jump kick, I think devs are or were going to keep it because it's a cute little accidental mechanic but I wouldn't be upset if it was gone

Knight 685 1855
  • 19 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Zexis said:
3pp is fine, not sure why some people hate it so much. It has some minor advantages but also disadvantages, just disable it in comp and make it a toggle for private server owners.

Because 3pp ruined a lot of first person games already. Arma 3 is a good example, why the fuck would you add a 3rd person in a milsim ? Then it end up being allowed on most servers even in pvp because "it's part of the game". Please don't let mordhau be one of those FIRST PERSON GAME that actually has 3rd person.

Baron 1551 2087
  • 19 May '18
 yourcrippledson

Halo had completely functional 3rd person. They didn't let players access it. I didn't see anyone boycotting it for this reason.

I respect games that don't compromise core mechanics in the hopes that a few more plebs will buy it.

46 64
  • 20 May '18
 Rift

3rd Person: Third person is there to look at your characters whilst using emotes etc. It doesn't offer a huge melee bonus other than looking around corners. I agree with it becoming an option on servers and potentially being disabled on official servers. (Maybe on release the devs will do this to official servers)

Kick Stun: I completely agree with this, kick stun is a stupid feature. You can still kick someone mid-teamplay and even mid duel, adding the stun is even worse. Removing the stun and keeping the kick speed/windup/miss punishment would put it in a fine place.
-Kicks are still spammable in 1vX which can literally destroy the 1; if there wasn't a stun, it would balance 1vX kicks as far as they can be balanced without becoming irrelevant.

Hit Trades: Agreed, hit trades lower the skill cap and decrease relevance for chambering in teamplay because it doesn't have the riposte mechanics behind it and doesn't allow a 'trade'. Active Parry offered a balance for offensive and defensive play.
-Active parry was pretty inconsistent although it's better than hit trade.
-As new players could struggle against AP, damage reduction could be put in place at a lower percentage.

Jump kicks are a stupid thing and will be removed (hopefully).

Knight 29 63
  • 20 May '18
 NachoAU

Finally a good fucking forum post!

Knight 337 778
  • 20 May '18
 AngelEyes

@Rift said:
3rd Person: Third person is there to look at your characters whilst using emotes etc. It doesn't offer a huge melee bonus other than looking around corners. I agree with it becoming an option on servers and potentially being disabled on official servers. (Maybe on release the devs will do this to official servers)

Camera peaking is one small thing but no where as potent as it is in an FPS, I feel like saying it doesn't offer any significant advantages is false though.

Imagine a 3v3 or 4v4 and one of persons is an "expert" shield bearer, his job is to barrel roll in their like donkey kong and just cause disarray in their ranks and squeeze a hit if he gets the chance here and there. 3pp not only halves his need for any kind of game sense or awareness, it also negates all effects of holding a wooden board in front of his face.

EDIT: I'm sure their will be a compromise as you say. I would love it if it were completely disabled on all official servers and comp.

Knight 766 3329
  • 24 May '18
 Mittsies

if 3rd person isn't going to be removed, then shields should be see-through.

Count 671 1131
  • 24 May '18
 Zexis

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

@Zexis said:

Because 3pp ruined a lot of first person games already. Arma 3 is a good example, why the fuck would you add a 3rd person in a milsim ? Then it end up being allowed on most servers even in pvp because "it's part of the game". Please don't let mordhau be one of those FIRST PERSON GAME that actually has 3rd person.

shooters are very different from melee games. just because you can see a guy around a corner in mordhau doesn't mean it gives you a huge advantage, although it still is one. and that is why I think it should be disabled when you have a ranged weapon and in comp mode altogether (where most people will use 1pp anyways)

believe me, I don't like 3pp all the time. it's one of the reasons I have little interest in fortnite

Knight 685 1855
  • 24 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Zexis said:

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

@Zexis said:

shooters are very different from melee games. just because you can see a guy around a corner in mordhau doesn't mean it gives you a huge advantage, although it still is one. and that is why I think it should be disabled when you have a ranged weapon and in comp mode altogether (where most people will use 1pp anyways)

believe me, I don't like 3pp all the time. it's one of the reasons I have little interest in fortnite

3rd person gives you advantages all across the board (especially since you can't know the perspective your opponent uses, so potentially everything you trained for will be trivial to defend against for your opponent). You also think it should be disabled with ranged weapons and in comp too. And even if it was supposed to help new players, the game is advertised as a first person melee game, and all the footage used to promote the game so far is in 1st person, people expecting to play 3rd person won't be interested in the first place. So why should the 3rd person be kept in the game ? I don't understand.

24 24
  • 26 May '18
 Deinomache

@Lincs said:
REMOVE

-3rd person
why: literally nobody asked for it and it adds nothing to this FIRST PERSON game
at the very least make it a toggle-able option for community servers and disable it on official servers

-kick stun
why: it's the chivalry kick, basically. the one you guys said you were going to improve on
the original kick in mordhau was good for interrupting attacks without being overly annoying or broken, now it's just godawful and the worst shit ever

-hit trades
why: the fuck did you add hit trades to mordhau
active parry was a much more intuitive and less face-desking mechanic
also, this furthers the extreme neglect of chambers and clashes, fundamentally some of the most interesting and revolutionary mechanics in mordhau and the most fun to do. they occur less often now that there's such an emphasis on the boring parry and riposte meta

-jump kicks
why: this is an actual bug, and for some reason you guys have said you have no intention to fix it in the forseeable future. WHY.

may add more things to remove over time
please remove these very bad, no good, ugly things from our mordhau. thanks

I agree! this is a hardcore game, develop like this.
and please, REMOVE THE CROSSHAIR this feature is for Skyrim casual players.

Knight 941 2569
  • 26 May '18
 Pred

I think 3rd person + shield has a ton of untapped AIDS potential. Especially Kite, where you have to try very hard if you want your block to fail.

I have very little time with a shield and even less in 3rd person, so when I tried it I would often fuck up something basic, but when you actually use it for a while I don't see any potential drawbacks. Reading attacks seems much easier, you can force misses because of better awareness and footwork. In 1st person when you have to turn away you are putting yourself in compromised position later, when you will have to face the opponent again and read whatever had happened when you weren't looking - with shield you can refocus with a block raised and worst case scenario you just hold it. All the wacky attack hiding, spazzing and spins are virtually risk-free because of full visibility.

1430 2175

Yeah honestly there was a time when I would often use shield in third person and didn't really have any draw backs. Good luck flanking me and leg hits are predictable and readable enough even with limited vision. I just like first person better.

Baron 2358 3392
  • 31 May '18
 Xekratos

THEY ADDED HITTRADE?

Knight 706 1084
  • 31 May '18
 VampireDuck

@Xekratos said:
THEY ADDED HITTRADE?

welcome to the party

Baron 2358 3392
Duke 2266 4010
  • 31 May '18
 Huggles

@Xekratos said:
THEY ADDED HITTRADE?

Nah it's not really bad at all like it was in chiv. It's very avoidable and does not promote gamble spam like it did in chivalry. It also makes teamfights feel a lot better and less clunky.

The only downside is 1vx is much less possible than it used to be. But I think the positives outweigh the negatives and there are probably other ways to make 1vx more possible but idk if devs really want to.

Knight 222 187
  • 1 Jun '18
 REKTKWONDO

@Huggles said:

@Xekratos said:
THEY ADDED HITTRADE?

Nah it's not really bad at all like it was in chiv. It's very avoidable and does not promote gamble spam like it did in chivalry. It also makes teamfights feel a lot better and less clunky.

The only downside is 1vx is much less possible than it used to be. But I think the positives outweigh the negatives and there are probably other ways to make 1vx more possible but idk if devs really want to.

It's totally broken you should have said

Knight 697 1611
  • 1 Jun '18
 das

Mirage Arcane Warfare magically glowing blade during riposte-parry, like AP with on ripostes with MAGIC!

Or Active Clash so we can have Slasher Clasher Racer again.

Baron 1647 5234
  • 1 Jun '18
 Lincs

@das said:
Mirage Arcane Warfare magically glowing blade during riposte-parry, like AP with on ripostes with MAGIC!

Or Active Clash so we can have Slasher Clasher Racer again.

I was thinking audio cues, too. A big whoosh, or a clang sound. Good sound design is essential to competitive games anyway, and I think adding good audio cues for obscure mechanics like AP ripostes is a step in the right direction. Maybe some kind of lens flare around the character as well?