Mordhau

Metallic Colours

Duke 616 814
  • 12 May
 Stumpy

I feel the metallic colour system is too restrictive and too few options.

Sure there is like 30 different colour types, but the way the shader engine works and the types of colours available really makes it hard to see difference.

Most used is the black and the gold and the white/silvery since those are the only ones that are usable and the other colours looks like these three main types but with miniscule changes in brightness which makes them rarely used.

I need more drastic changes in colour.
I want real orange bronze color, brass, copper, iron, steel, gold, silver.

B1C87AA1-A932-4B3E-8038-07686712389D.jpeg
A9F9C825-1262-445A-929E-17CF7E930A6F.jpeg

Knight 2108 4825
  • 12 May
 Rattsknecht

probably its not a very good idea because who the hell wears full gold or full copper armor

howerer indeed there are too many colors to choose from while theyre all very same-ey. Also they all look basically white in menu, its too hard to tell them apart

so probably a good idea idk

256 423

Yeah couldn't agree more, we get alot of metal colors but they all look kinda samey. Can't even tell alot of them apart. We need the same amount but with more variation/colors. Would love it if we got painted armor options. Heavy tabard/chainmail tabard are the only colorful heavier armors and they don't even look that good.

Yeah gold/copper may be obnoxious but maybe make those beta backer only? Would love it if we also got bluish/greenish/reddish metal colors. Yeah that might fuck with team colors a bit but there are many work arounds to this kinda stuff.

Knight 185 436
  • 13 May
 Mittsies

@Rattsknecht said:
probably its not a very good idea because who the hell wears full gold or full copper armor

But the metal colors are already divided into primaries and accents; i.e. you can pick gold armor trim and gold weapons, but the base armor cannot be gold.

Knight 2108 4825
  • 13 May
 Rattsknecht

@Mittsies said:

@Rattsknecht said:

But the metal colors are already divided into primaries and accents; i.e. you can pick gold armor trim and gold weapons, but the base armor cannot be gold.

yes, and it should remain that way imho, that's what i was saying

Knight 2777 5074
  • 14 May
 Bodkin

I would also suggest allowing for the generic leather coloring within the loadout. All those random light brown pieces of leather you can't customize, screw that. Let a global leather coloring exist for this stuff, same as we have for metal color.

Count 550 1852

@Bodkin said:
All those random light brown pieces of leather you can't customize, screw that. Let a global leather coloring exist for this stuff, same as we have for metal color.

This.

It's like having vintage handmade italian leather shoes with non-removable pink unicorn laces.