Mordhau

Mordhau Lacks Emergent Gameplay

Knight 154 452
  • 13 May '18
 Nautilus

@Seseau said:

The combat doesn't need to be this insanely fine-tuned machine, it's only a vessel for where the real fun lies: the maps. I would lay money on the fact that >80% of the players interested in the game would buy it, and play it, for that reason.

Yes, this is what's most important. Chiv's combat is one thing and Mordhau's is another. I'm not asking Mordhau to change its combat because it achieves what the devs aimed for, regardless of which I may prefer.

What worries me the most is maps and game modes, as the devs have only mentioned one main mode map and one new game mode. They estimated beta, where the game mode and new maps to be tested, to only last 2 months. This seems like far too little time.

Plus, to add on to what you said, it's not the brutality or intensity of fights that make them great, it's the emotional motivations behind them. I want to be more than just a "blue" or "red" fighter. I feel like the devs are using the mercenary theme to avoid making interesting teams. Not many games make you want to root for your team, but I always wanted Agatha to win. I'm not trying to diminish what the devs have done, because they have succeeded with the hardest parts of game development, but maps and game modes should take a lot of time to polish.

251 856
  • 13 May '18
 Cswic

Mordhau is fine. Chiv is objectively worse at this point in every regard except archery.

Duke 2264 3999
  • 13 May '18
 Huggles

@das said:
If your idea of fun is ridiculous drag potential and Patch 1 turncaps and such, that's your opinion. I think the vast majority prefer the more "balanced" turncaps of right now because drags and such are much more readable than they used to be while still remaining potent and viable.

But if you're going to say Mordhau has less meaningful options and freedom than Chivalry overall, you're just plain wrong.

Daggers and shortswords are already terrible for parries, they have low stam negation. They are also god awful at chambering because they're so short (reach affects chambering, you can test this with a spear and then a dagger, see the difficulty and difference in chamber timing needed).

Then why did just as many people hate feints?

Someone else already answered this. Reverses looked straight up stupid and were unintuitive to fight. Feints were just overpowered because they were no means to counterplay them besides hard reading/straight up guessing (lol hard reading SoW feints). Two very different problems, and two very different reasons for hating them. You're not being fair, whether purposely or not I'm not sure.

Mordhau has chambers, which soft to hard counter feints depending on the circumstances (it's not static and black-and-white - instead, it's dynamic and "emergent"; sometimes feints will bait and be able to punish a bad chamber attempt! Sounds like an opportunity to spice up one's playstyle if they prefer this method of fighting). Look at that, feint play is suddenly a lot more balanced, complex, and "emergent" all at once in Mordhau than in Chivalry, to the point that some top tier players don't offensively feint much while others use it every other strike.

Meanwhile, if you didn't feint in Chivalry and weren't using Maul, you were doing it wrong, period. Alice was a top player... in 2012 where half of these "emergent" techs weren't even discovered or used yet. Top Chivalry players today would demolish a non-feinting 2012 Alice. I challenge you to name a competitive player who doesn't feint and has been relevant in the literal past half-decade. Pubstomping doesn't count, my friend literally goes 270 - 20 in Moorland Skirmishers with Messer/Zwei drags alone but surprise surprise he starts feinting when he duels me. And no, I won't believe Flail is viable unless you show me footage of you trumping relevant players in duels or skirmishes.

You shouldn't be blaming the game if you aren't using the tools it gives you. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it should work against the top players. I want to play a no-parry, no-chamber, all-dodging dagger-only loadout and have it be viable! Except if this were viable, the base game would be incredibly stupid because that means doing the same thing but with parries, chambers, and a better weapon than a dagger would be atrociously overpowered. Same concept with the drags; I want to be able to draw a Harry Potter Z or rainbow around my opponents' parries, except that would look not only incredibly stupid but be way too powerful.

The beauty of pubs is you can do stupid shit like fists only and have it work, and this will remain a thing in Mordhau! What's more, Mordhau is going to have significantly more "emergent" maps if the test map is anything to go by. Horses, interactable gates, breakable doorways, MOBILE catapults... There's a lot more room for weird and sandboxy stuff (I thnk they have caltrops planned, for instance) and thus dynamic strategies (e.g. focusing efforts on protecting a catapult positioned strategically, with some guys defending and one guy using a mallet to repair).

Add a weapon that can't feint, but has beastly drags or something

It's called a Zwei. Pitiful offensive feints, but has some of the best drags and morphs (and combinations of the two) in the game. Very good defensive feint and morph timings too because of the long windups, so it's significantly easier to morph chamber and FTP with Zwei than with, say, Rapier. This complements a defensive playstyle well.

If you want fully emergent gameplay, there's Reverence!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcjuAlCHs2g

Except wait, total freedom just becomes kind of stupid without any limitations to play around. There has to be a balance. If you think Mordhau doesn't have a good balance of freedom and balanced gameplay, that's your opinion. But there is such a thing as "too much" and a reason why a game can't go all out.

Let's take a look at Super Smash Bros. 64. That game's hitstun was so ridiculous that you could combo basically anything into anything else. Now, Super Smash Bros. Melee, though still holding a good combo game, is a lot more limited, and combos tend to drop way earlier than in Smash 64. The result is that in SSB64, you get a shit ton of 0-death and relatively easy kill combos. In Melee, you have to generally work way harder for those kills. This is why the former has 5 stocks and the latter 4 stocks in competitive play. For many people, the latter is more interesting and fun, both on the receiving and dishing out side.

Now let's see how "emergent" top level Chivalry is.

A Maul is coming swinging at you. You're low on stamina. You:

Go for a matrix or evade. Except the enemy isn't bad and knows this is an option so he adjusts accordingly. He hits you, you die. Unless you still parry, in which case you stam out and get stunned. You die.

Go for a chamber. You can't chamber in Chivalry, he hits you. You die.

Go for a flinch. Even if you hit him first, FHF doesn't exist. He trades. You die.

Go for a parry. You're not bad so you can account for drags and instant reverse. Even so, you stam out and get stunned. You die.

Now let's have the same scenario play out in Mordhau. Your opponent is swinging a maul, you have low health and stamina:

Go for a matrix or evade. Even if you can't get a complete dodge, matrixes and evasions force weapons to drag and hit you later, allowing you yourself to soft manipulate and make chamber and parry timings easier.

Go for a chamber. But a-hah. Here is where it gets interesting. The maul player may have dragged, so it's important that you wait and be patient to time the chamber. Or he may have accel'd, in which case you better have chambered earlier. Or maybe he's going for a morph! Hope you were patient and waited accordingly. But, if you see that he's going for a morph DRAG while you have a fast weapon, you can beat him to the punch and flinch him! He won't hit trade you. However, telling between a drag and accel can be hard if you're standing still or crouching, so I hope you were footworking and running to the side to manipulate the timings he can land on you and make chambering easier!

Go for a flinch. Read the scenario above. A raw flinch attempt is a gamble that he's dragging, but going for it with something like a Rapier when you see that he is morphing and dragging very late is a surefire way to turn momentum around. What an "emergent" solution that goes against the "my turn, your turn" grain of Chivalry!

Go for a parry. You're not bad, so you can parry even a dragged Maul. But you were low on stamina, so you get DISARMED. Suddenly, another box of options opens up:

You go for the punch. Maybe you land a hit on him, or maybe he parries and ripostes onto you. You can still attempt an evade at this moment, but chances are you're dead.

You pretend to go for the punch but feint it. He falls for it, then you punch him for real and then swap or grab a weapon! Or maybe he chambers it (fists are pretty hard to chamber due to ambiguous animations, direction, and even some draggability - yes, FISTS can drag) in which case you're boned.

You run away IMMEDIATELY! Hope you got a secondary, but this is a pretty safe option unless you're full plate and the Maul dude is naked or something due to Mordhau's disarm temporary sprint bonus.

You go for a kick. This will be epic either way - you stun him or you hit air and he smashes your face in.

Disarmed is a bad state to be in but not exactly insurmountable, even among top tier players. Honestly, this leads to some very "emergent", clutch, and hilarious scenarios, which you definitely would witness if you've played enough Mordhau.

I really, really don't see what's so "emergent" about Chivalry. That game feels way more solved and linear than Mordhau. Every duel with something on the line ends up as SoW knight vs SoW knight. It's just turn-based feint simulator, which turns into yellow bar simulator if no one has died fast enough. You're not going to matrix or Vanguard-helicopter your way out against an actual good player (I don't give a shit what you can do against a random pubber, I can kill them with just fists or throwing knives). Your options are limited, the five super "emergent" mixups are the only viable ones (feint, rispote accel, no riposte, footdrag, reverse), and you straight up LOSE with ZERO options and freedom with yellow bar math simulation game when low on stamina.

The many options you have in Mordhau all are meaningful and lead to different scenarios and dynamics. The same can't be said for Chivalry's "variety" of options and weapons.

I agree x1000

However there are two main things that existed in chivalry that are significantly worse in mordhau than in chivalry.

1. Distance Management in Duels
  2. Light armor + 1 hander

If you have light armor and your opponent has heavy armor and a slow weapon, that's basically the only matchup where you can play range in duels and have it be an advantage. Every other match up keeping range is insanely hard and risky and not worth it. In chivalry you had ridiculous knockback, jump parries to knock yourself back, and a spammy unavoidable kick that basically created initiative whenever you wanted.

I could duel with a brandistock and basically never have my opponent able to get in range of me. There are very rare instances where you can do this with spear, zwei, or halberd in mordhau but it is so rare and inferior to how it was in chivalry. So I can see how some of the better chiv vanguards feel a lil limited in mordhau.

Light armor and 1 hander is a pretty dumb loadout to use in mordhau. MAA feel completely cucked in mordhau for good reason, their light armor isn't all that much superior because their weapon is only effective at facehug range and there is no easy way to transition in and of it. It only real works well if your opponent has a short slow weapon and is also wearing heavy armor.

For vanguards, a pommel bash that is quick, mobile, and just creates a bit of distance would probably be enough. There is no real way to bring MAA back into mordhau however.

1909 961

@Huggles said:

I agree x1000

However there are two main things that existed in chivalry that are significantly worse in mordhau than in chivalry.

2. Light armor + 1 hander

If you have light armor and your opponent has heavy armor and a slow weapon, that's basically the only matchup where you can play range in duels and have it be an advantage. Every other match up keeping range is insanely hard and risky and not worth it. In chivalry you had ridiculous knockback, jump parries to knock yourself back, and a spammy unavoidable kick that basically created initiative whenever you wanted.

I could duel with a brandistock and basically never have my opponent able to get in range of me. There are very rare instances where you can do this with spear, zwei, or halberd in mordhau but it is so rare and inferior to how it was in chivalry. So I can see how some of the better chiv vanguards feel a lil limited in mordhau.

Light armor and 1 hander is a pretty dumb loadout to use in mordhau. MAA feel completely cucked in mordhau for good reason, their light armor isn't all that much superior because their weapon is only effective at facehug range and there is no easy way to transition in and of it. It only real works well if your opponent has a short slow weapon and is also wearing heavy armor.

For vanguards, a pommel bash that is quick, mobile, and just creates a bit of distance would probably be enough. There is no real way to bring MAA back into mordhau however.

Very good points Huggles, thanks.

Duke 5451 12800
  • 13 May '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@Nautilus said:

What worries me the most is maps and game modes, as the devs have only mentioned one main mode map and one new game mode. They estimated beta, where the game mode and new maps to be tested, to only last 2 months. This seems like far too little time.

we got maps

i mean mountainpeak and grad will both be frontline maps, grad is still being worked on of course. we also are expanding some existing maps and have others that have yet to be seen

93 102
  • 13 May '18
 TheShade

It's the extremely slow phaced gameplay, like the slow footwork that's just boring.

Count 671 1130
  • 13 May '18
 Zexis

I'm hoping frontline will make the game more fun. To do so however, it will need to be more than Battlefield with swords. What I liked about Chivalry TO was the variety of objectives: hold a moving point (cart/ram), destroy X (with swords, map tools like ballistas, or torches), hold a static point, destroy multiple X (free the slaves), etc.

Knight 320 741
  • 13 May '18
 AngelEyes

@Huggles said:

Okay so it's not just me then right? I can honestly say from day 1 the lunge in Mordhau has bothered me, I asked in discord and a dev said without it the game is a miss fest so I just by default assumed it's something else? I actually fired up Chivalry and this is literally the FIRST thing I noticed like you said.

Mordhau just seems so arbitrary to me with this. A guy hits when I feel comfortably far away, hee misses when I swore he would hit, sometmes is seems kinda right. then other times a guy stabs at me with a dagger and it seems like he has an invisible zwei duct tapped to his tip.

It's a shame because I feel distancing is huge.

Baron 1551 2074
  • 13 May '18
 yourcrippledson

I do not want to change Mordhau from what it is, I personally just want them to add a weapon that handles exactly like patch 14 zwei. That would be enough. Just 1 weapon isn't going to tear down everything Mordhau is. Balance it however you want. Take away every mechanic besides drags. IDC

And IMO it is silly a dagger has a larger parrybox than some shields and costs 1 point.

@Zexis said:
I'm hoping frontline will make the game more fun. To do so however, it will need to be more than Battlefield with swords. What I liked about Chivalry TO was the variety of objectives: hold a moving point (cart/ram), destroy X (with swords, map tools like ballistas, or torches), hold a static point, destroy multiple X (free the slaves), etc.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/12494/the-little-things/#c19 This thread contains some good ideas for the main maps and game modes.

Huggles is on point with his one comment as usual.

Das. I agree and disagree, and agree to disagree.

Knight 670 1444
  • 13 May '18
 das

@Huggles

Wow, I forgot jump parry existed. I'd love to see it come back in Mordhau spiritually but as its own mechanic tied to parry, similarly like how MvC push block or DBFZ reflect exist. Or maybe just bring back jump parry itself since that's already quite analog in how timing affects distance. I just feel like it betrays the "fights that look like fights" part. I'd have it reset the fight to neutral and cost extra, stamina, and push you back rather than the enemy so that it's still a "negative" in distance gained (and you can't push people off cliffs), ineffective when cornered or against a wall, and unspammable because it costs too much stamina to do so. I think the dev's worry is that a light class can use it liberally and backpedal to gain free stamina back while the aggressor has to push, like Knight vs doop MAA in Chivalry. Maybe have it halt stam regen for longer than normal? If not jump parry, I don't even know what input it would be.

MAA is definitely dead unless some expensive 7 or 9-point perk comes out (and dodge is NEVER coming back, not even minor Slasher hops). The devs seem to want to push shields as the way to make 1hers compete. I don't really see anyone Johnthebaptist'ing shields in actual scrims and such, so it's hard to gauge how they'd feel to play against with someone who has dedicated themselves to it.

Duke 2264 3999
  • 14 May '18
 Huggles

@das said:
@Huggles

Wow, I forgot jump parry existed. I'd love to see it come back in Mordhau spiritually but as its own mechanic tied to parry, similarly like how MvC push block or DBFZ reflect exist. Or maybe just bring back jump parry itself since that's already quite analog in how timing affects distance. I just feel like it betrays the "fights that look like fights" part. I'd have it reset the fight to neutral and cost extra, stamina, and push you back rather than the enemy so that it's still a "negative" in distance gained (and you can't push people off cliffs), ineffective when cornered or against a wall, and unspammable because it costs too much stamina to do so. I think the dev's worry is that a light class can use it liberally and backpedal to gain free stamina back while the aggressor has to push, like Knight vs doop MAA in Chivalry. Maybe have it halt stam regen for longer than normal? If not jump parry, I don't even know what input it would be.

MAA is definitely dead unless some expensive 7 or 9-point perk comes out (and dodge is NEVER coming back, not even minor Slasher hops). The devs seem to want to push shields as the way to make 1hers compete. I don't really see anyone Johnthebaptist'ing shields in actual scrims and such, so it's hard to gauge how they'd feel to play against with someone who has dedicated themselves to it.

I think shield can be competitive and have its own role in larger engagements, but not in 2s. So it's hard to see if it will be useful cus all anyone really does in this game are 2s and the occasional 3. We never really do many 4s. Much less full on legit team like 6-8 like chiv had.

Knight 3244 6630
  • 14 May '18
 Bodkin

2s are essentially duels with the opportunity for a clutch.

I dislike them for this reason. Seems pointless to me.

I really don't get why bigger teams = less competitive tbh. There's a lot more potential for competitive skill gaps in skillful teamplay than there will ever be for relying on the skill of the individual so much.

1909 961

I notice I do have a bit more fun in Mordhau when I play in a large team. As I can sneak up and pick people off on the sidelines.

But I think the fact that we even have to debate about whether duels or teamplay should be the focus here, is apart of the problem.

Chivalry was fun in both duels and teamplay.

Knight 154 452
  • 14 May '18
 Nautilus

@Bodkin said:

I really don't get why bigger teams = less competitive tbh. There's a lot more potential for competitive skill gaps in skillful teamplay than there will ever be for relying on the skill of the individual so much.

There's no reason why bigger teams are less competitive, it's just that the active playerbase right now only wants to duel or get personal glory. Everytime I try to hop on Mordhau, the only server that's populated is the Chicago Duel Server. Everytime I watch Mordhau videos, the majority of the content is duels, even during "team fights."

I don't know why this is honestly, but it discourages me from playing the game at all these days. Duels just aren't fun for me.

Duke 2264 3999
  • 14 May '18
 Huggles

@roshawnmarcellterrell said:
I notice I do have a bit more fun in Mordhau when I play in a large team. As I can sneak up and pick people off on the sidelines.

But I think the fact that we even have to debate about whether duels or teamplay should be the focus here, is apart of the problem.

Chivalry was fun in both duels and teamplay.

I found chivalry more broken and frustrating than I found it fun. Even when I was doing well tbh. 180s, hit trades, monstrous parrybox, unreadable stab feints, dodge out of parry, unavoidable free initiative kick, it was just bad to me and its problems stuck out hard.

After going back to chivalry from mordhau even more problems jut out. All animations in the game look like dogshit. People just moving around just looks terrible like 30fps or smthn and attacks have like 5 frames in them. The lunge is very inferior to mordhau's. Shields are very unfun to play with and against. I severely miss morphs, I severely miss chambers, I'm aggravated by butt parries. Chivalry's problems are endless.

I wish drags were a little better in mordhau, I wish morphing didn't have the harsh restrictions it does, and I wish there was something similar to chivalry's distance creating kick but not something unavoidable that can be spammed at any time. I also wish the bubble was smaller so that attacks don't miss due to lack of reach at point blank range. But of these problems the only thing that really FRUSTRATES me is attacks missing that have no business missing. Whereas with chiv, ALL of its problems FRUSTRATED me. I didn't just disagree with them, they constantly irritated me. I think the game would be better with these things but even without them the game just leaves chivalry in the dust. Drags in chivalry are on paper "better" and things like waterfalls were easier and more natural to perform in chivalry. However, the freedom you had with drags in chivalry was made worthless by the super large super long parry anyway. Who cares if the drags themselves are sick if they are much easier to defend against than mordhau drags. Drags only worked in competitive chivalry because the frames were dogshit and people were worried about being hit by a no frame INSTANT INSTANT accel so they parried early.

I think mordhau can take tiny mechanic ideas from chivalry and improve on them. But the vast majority of chivalry is just objectively inferior. A lot of this is rose-tinted glasses and nostalgia.

btw, we argue about duels vs teamplay because mechanics that would make dueling more fun and interesting would also make teamplay feel like shit. An example of this would be super tight parryboxes. In a duel when all of your focus is on one person, it makes sense for it to require concentration and aim to meet his strikes almost exactly. It would make the duel feel more engaging and like a real swordfight. But in teamplay being exact with your parries against more than 2 people is basically impossible. And the game plans to have 64 players in a single server. Your mouse would be all over the fucking place and no one would want to deal with that shit. So instead you do have to move your mouse and aim somewhat but only slight adjustments to aim. This very soft aim to parry is much better feeling than a hardcore restrictive one in a teamfight even if the hardcore one would make duels more engaging.

Another example is incredibly deceiving feints. Using all of your energy and concentration to read a feint certainly makes duels more fast paced and competitive. But if feints were that fucking hard to read by virtue of just pressing q they would be almost impossible to deal with in a teamfight. In mordhau a LOT goes into a good feint vs chivalry. Feinting is a legit skill now and not anyone can just press q and make even the best players panic.

I could go on about this for many mechanics. It's the same reason why parry isn't shorter lasting. Lots of things that are great in duels are terrible in team fights. Duels shouldn't feel like shit tho, and really they don't imho. Patch 15 had the worst duels in the history of the game imho and the devs saw fit to change that. Patch 16 is prob the best balance between duels and team fights and offense and defense in the history of this game.

I really just don't know what about chiv people miss so much aside from the voice commands tbh. Like swing manipulation felt really cool to get right but again parries were so fucking easy in that game that it never really felt like you were rewarded for your pinpoint precision. I just think mordhau has much more depth and complexity to keep me entertained.

Massively oversimplified TL;DR

I would stop a session of chiv because a broken thing frustrated me to no end for the umpteenth time in my on average 30 minute session.

I stop a session of mordhau because I've been playing for a few hours and it gets tiring killing so fucking much.

I almost never rage in mordhau unless I get gambled or my attacks go through someone. I almost always rage in chivalry all the time because the game feels so fucking broken.

Mordhau has more of "I wish 'X' was in the game." issues as opposed to "'X' is in the game and it fucking sucks."

Duke 2264 3999
  • 14 May '18
 Huggles

@Nautilus said:

@Bodkin said:

There's no reason why bigger teams are less competitive, it's just that the active playerbase right now only wants to duel or get personal glory. Everytime I try to hop on Mordhau, the only server that's populated is the Chicago Duel Server. Everytime I watch Mordhau videos, the majority of the content is duels, even during "team fights."

I don't know why this is honestly, but it discourages me from playing the game at all these days. Duels just aren't fun for me.

This has changed a lot this past month or so. Chicago duel server is almost always running a skirmish or tdm when there are more than 7 people on.

Baron 1551 2074
  • 14 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Huggles said:
I think mordhau can take tiny mechanic ideas from chivalry and improve on them. But the vast majority of chivalry is just objectively inferior. A lot of this is rose-tinted glasses and nostalgia.

I miss the flowing feel of the combat. Once you've been immersed in Chivalries shit for years, you really didn't notice the smell. So coming from a clean place like Mordhau won't be pleasant, which is why I haven't even considered touching Chiv since Mordhau came out, and instead argue for the implementation of the one thing that kept me afloat in a sea of shit for so many years, which was the combined Satisfaction of the Polehammer and Zwei, along with the derpyness of the voice commands and meme weaponry. (flails, short bow, short sword) Gimme something I can flow with yo.

btw, we argue about duels vs teamplay because mechanics that would make dueling more fun and interesting would also make teamplay feel like shit. An example of this would be super tight parryboxes. In a duel when all of your focus is on one person, it makes sense for it to require concentration and aim to meet his strikes almost exactly.

IRL some weapons are good for duels, and some are good for team games. I don't see why a Rapier or a Dagger shouldn't feel like shit in a team game. IRL they aren't meant for it, and don't perform well. Which is something you could guess just by looking at them compared to the weapons that are meant for it. Who cares if you can't main a dagger in Frontline mode? Nub gets frustrated cause parry is too hard? DOP MAININ DA DAGGER DUPID

Knight 670 1444
  • 14 May '18
 das

Huggles pretty much nailed it on the head. The freer system of Chivalry didn't matter much of the time cause parrying them was so easy. It wasn't the super fancy schmancy waterfall wessex rainbow footdrags themselves that got me hit, it was the fear of INSTANT REVERSES that made me panic parry. If I versed a guy who does all kinds of drags but never reverses, I'd quite literally parry all of them, and I'm not the best Chivalry player by any means. Parry lasted forever and was a ginormous forcefield (moreso than Mordhau, where the parry is big enough to feel comfortable in teamfights but small enough that wessex/waterfalls can actually be quite effective here - again, Mordhau has more MEANINGFUL options than Chivalry, even in the realm of attack manipulation).

Massively oversimplified TL;DR

I would stop a session of chiv because a broken thing frustrated me to no end for the umpteenth time in my on average 30 minute session.

I stop a session of mordhau because I've been playing for a few hours and it gets tiring killing so fucking much.

I almost never rage in mordhau unless I get gambled or my attacks go through someone. I almost always rage in chivalry all the time because the game feels so fucking broken.

Mordhau has more of "I wish 'X' was in the game." issues as opposed to "'X' is in the game and it fucking sucks."

Very well put!

Baron 1551 2074
  • 14 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@das said:
Huggles pretty much nailed it on the head. The freer system of Chivalry didn't matter much of the time cause parrying them was so easy. It wasn't the super fancy schmancy waterfall wessex rainbow footdrags themselves that got me hit, it was the fear of INSTANT REVERSES that made me panic parry.

With zwei you could do things there weren't even names for. Like pretend you are going to foot drag to your right, you ASSUME THE POSITION, this forces them to look down towards their feet and parry, but you could swing it back up over their head and hit them on the other foot or the ass, or even in the head if you fooled em good enough.

You could do like triple fake out z stabs. This is not easy to parry xD

Knight 670 1444
  • 14 May '18
 das

That was a relatively good one. I called it the Bossman drag cause Renatus and Infernal really liked using it.