Duchess 6897 9885
  • 8 May '18
 Sir Zombie

Would work if u weren't bad
Gotem

Count 331 1394
  • 9 May '18
 RingMaster

Are you able to run away? Not saying you should need to because that's clearly stupid but i'm just curious.

Knight 93 270
  • 9 May '18
 Nikosawa

i was trying to back up to either counter kick or block, if you are not far away enough you get stunned and if you miss parry then you get stunned again because you cant parry kick or counterkick the jumpkick.

Knight 685 1855
  • 9 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

Had the pleasure to experience this with his quarterstaff... This is awful especially since I don't really know how to jump kick myself.

80 201
  • 9 May '18
 Seseau

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
Had the pleasure to experience this with his quarterstaff... This is awful especially since I don't really know how to jump kick myself.

It's not too difficult. You have to initiate an attack, any attack, and simultaneously press kick + jump a fraction of a second later (to morph). I prefer to sprint forward when I do it.

I learned how to do it yesterday and can now do it reliably. It's beyond obnoxious though, and it becomes even more evident when you're the one to use it. The action may be fine and while it's currently a bug, it could be tweaked to be properly implemented. But with the stun... it's garbage and needs to go.

252 866
  • 9 May '18
 Cswic

Issue is the stun on jump kicks, not jump kicks themselves. Jump kicks as a concept are fine. Kick stun in general feels shitty to be on the receiving end up. Patch 14 kick was a nice anti-facehug button and also had the side effect of being a nice offensive option in the form of jump kicks without feeling as cheesey as they do now with stun.

Knight 93 270
  • 10 May '18
 Nikosawa

i agree

Baron 1551 2087
  • 10 May '18
 yourcrippledson

gotta get perks so we can choose between stun kick and jump kick

Knight 1836 2232
  • 10 May '18
 Void

Jump-kick is fun and I'd like it to stay, even though I don't use it so much. It is also quite costly in stam but...

Even without the stun it is quite abusable when used alongside a quick weapon like a rapier or qs. Cswic and MadDILLAiny know what I'm talking about.
If you parry the initial jump-kick you are flinched and cannot parry the subsequent stab that again will flinch you. Rinse and repeat until the opponent is dead. Also dodging a jump-kick is hard while wearing heavy armor.
Of course you can take measure to not get kicked in the first place, but losing the fight because of failing to counter a single kick feels wrong to me.
If it stays in the game it needs some tweaking and I don't think removing the stun is enough.

Knight 5 2
  • 11 May '18
 DDFBarisart

how to jumpkick?

Knight 93 270
  • 11 May '18
 Nikosawa

t's not too difficult. You have to initiate an attack, any attack, and simultaneously press kick + jump a fraction of a second later (to morph). I prefer to sprint forward when I do it.

Duke 754 1201
  • 11 May '18
 Stumpy

They can hit you once, making you flinch and being put into walk mode, jump fly kick to stun you and then kill you in the most rotten way possible.
Literally just maul once then jump kick to win the fight.

252 866
  • 11 May '18
 Cswic

@Stumpy said:
They can hit you once, making you flinch and being put into walk mode, jump fly kick to stun you and then kill you in the most rotten way possible.
Literally just maul once then jump kick to win the fight.

I say I say you're doing it all wrong boy. Now pay close attention here I say. You want to jump kick them first to stun and THEN maul headshot for the true feeling of victory.