Mordhau

What do I do when the game opens on the wrong monitor?

Knight 44 46
  • 5 May '18
 BasedPatriot

I got a new one and it's still opening on the old 60hz one not the 144hz. I have to switch to window mode and then move it and then go back to borderless every time. How fix?

Also, when I use official fullscreen, I get green and red flashes so I can't play.

Knight 161 227
  • 5 May '18
 Q

Have you set your new monitor as the main display in Windows? If not, you can do this by going into Settings > System > Display. Or, just right clicking on the desktop and clicking Display settings. Select your new monitor, and check the box Make this my main display. You can also click Display adaptor properties near the bottom, and make sure the frame-rate is set to 144Hz for the new monitor. After that make sure to reboot the computer.

Knight 667 995

It opens on the incorrect monitor for me as well, even though it's not set as my main display.

Knight 161 227
  • 5 May '18
 Q

@Jackass - Knight of Ass said:
It opens on the incorrect monitor for me as well, even though it's not set as my main display.

I am assuming you meant '...even though it's not set as my main display'. Is it also assigned to monitor #1?

You could also try the following:

• Run the program Ccleaner, specifically cleaning Windows Size/Location Cashe under Advanced options. Although I would just run a full clean (making sure to check Windows Size/Location Cashe). I would also run the registry cleaner in Ccleaner. Note, this has to be run multiple times until entries no longer appear (like Windows update).

• Clean install GPU driver.

• Install latest Windows updates.

• Reboot computer.

Knight 667 995

What I meant was that it opens on a monitor, not set as my main display. I've tried most things already. It's definitely a problem with the game, as it literally has never happened with any other program before.

2376 4820
  • 5 May '18
 Maci

I fell for the 144hz meme too, friend. Doesn't make animations any less shitty.
But yeah, yer olde "works on my machine" case for me. Set it up as my main monitor, changed the hz, and Mordhau opens there correctly.

Make sure it's set to Monitor 1 I guess?

YoBa2VW

You could also try and do that via the Novidya control panel, maybe that'll help.

4D0dvSO

Knight 44 46
  • 8 May '18
 BasedPatriot

yes i did set it in windows

Knight 44 46
  • 8 May '18
 BasedPatriot

monitor 2 is the main one but windows knows its my main because of the taskbar is there

the game opens on the one with no taskbar now (left screen not main)

51 40

I'm having this issue as well. From what I can tell, for me it will open on my left-most monitor. I have two monitors, it will open on whichever one I tell the windows is on the left. (don't get the green flashes though)

Duke 5484 13097
  • 18 May '18
 Jax — Community Manager

i think i figured it out

mordhau doesn't care about which monitor is set to #1, but will open on whichever monitor you plug into your gpu's first.
so unplug your monitors and plug your main monitor in first, followed by your 2nd/3rd/etc and of course set the 1st as your main monitor.

let me know if this works!

Count 671 1130
  • 18 May '18
 Zexis

@Jax said:
i think i figured it out

mordhau doesn't care about which monitor is set to #1, but will open on whichever monitor you plug into your gpu's first.
so unplug your monitors and plug your main monitor in first, followed by your 2nd/3rd/etc and of course set the 1st as your main monitor.

From my light research, I believe Windows installs your monitors and simply plugging the monitors back in in a different order will not work. You will have to uninstall your monitors and then plug them back in in a specific order, but that's a heavy-handed workaround to play one game.

What's frustrating is that this used to not be an issue, the game would open on your main monitor and not monitor #1. It happened around the time the game updated its UE4 version but maybe that's just a coincidence. I've reported this a few times and it's not listed as a known bug so I'm not sure what's going on.

51 40
  • 18 May '18
 PhillyCheesesteak

@Jax said:
i think i figured it out

Worked for me!

It's strange, however, that it would also show on whatever I set up as the left most monitor in windows.

Baron 7 38
  • 11 Jun '18
 Vq.| Krieger

Just got a 144hz monitor the other day, and i've tried all the suggestions in the thread including rearranging the order in which my monitors are plugged into my gpu and none have worked. The game still launches on my left most monitor.
wrong monitor.PNGwrong monitor 2.PNG

271 939
  • 14 Jun '18
 Jackass

:(

Countess 1228 2901
  • 17 Jun '18
 Whisper

Same problem, rip my experience. I want refund. Heck you Crush.

2376 4820
  • 19 Jun '18
 Maci

Well I moved and I'm in the same boat now

@devs!!!1!

Duke 5484 13097
  • 22 Jun '18
 Jax — Community Manager

it's a UE4 engine bug, we won't be looking into fixing it ourselves - it should be fixed in the next UE update. If not we'll see what we can do.

Conscript 3 1
  • 19 Sep '18
 VivoAzzurro

As a lazy individual with many monitors and a semi permanent setup, I'm just going to wait until they squash the bug. ehhhhh

Mercenary 82 72

switch monitors

1 0
  • 15 May
 Dallin

Has any solution to this been found? Just purchased the game and it keeps loading on the secondary monitor (left-most)