Mordhau

Zweihander Poke Plz

Duke 986 1381
  • 8 May '18
 PadanFain

Zwei doesn't need a buff... that's silly

Baron 1551 2083
  • 8 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@PadanFain said:
Zwei doesn't need a buff... that's silly

I don't really care if it gets a buff or a nerf overall. As long as it is fun to duel with again.

Conscript 4549 6281
  • 9 May '18
 vanguard

I find the stab fine in duels tbh, just subtle drag it and fuck anyone trying to chamber u. Last moment drags man, just abuse this shit.

140 66
  • 1
  • 9 May '18
 s522662

the drags in this game looks way too predictable, thats the problem

Knight 3299 6742
  • 9 May '18
 Bodkin

I believe it has a 350ms release to keep it from being cheaper halberd.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 1
  • 10 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Bodkin said:
I believe it has a 350ms release to keep it from being cheaper halberd.

Make it fun, then make it balanced imo.

Going from a weapon that had the longest poke release in the game, to one that is out-dragged by the shortsword is the biggest nerf we have seen since Alpha launched. And I never saw anyone complaining about how great the Zweihander was or anything. Well at least we never have to worry about that now lol.

It isn't the same weapon. It had retained the fun-factor it had in chiv for dueling up until patch 15. I don't know if people can understand how crap it feels if you haven't mained it for as long as I have?

Not asking for it to be as good as it was. Just give me back the ability to use it the same way I did before, in a less effective manner. Really, this is like if cat scratches you too much, so instead of clipping its claws you cut off its paws completely.

There are reasons the zwei had a longer release than most weapons... It wasn't just random.

Knight 3299 6742
  • 10 May '18
 Bodkin

Those same reasons are probably why it no longer has this. Zwei still has the most ez mode morphs in the game. I would think that perhaps, like everyone else, you should just be amending your playstyle instead of trying to get it back. I imagine they were targeting this playstyle on purpose, or you would still be able to do this.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 10 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Bodkin said:
Those same reasons are probably why it no longer has this. Zwei still has the most ez mode morphs in the game. I would think that perhaps, like everyone else, you should just be amending your playstyle instead of trying to get it back. I imagine they were targeting this playstyle on purpose, or you would still be able to do this.

I guess I will abandon my skill-based fighting style and become a jump-kicking Raper, seems to be the new fad.

140 66
  • 12 May '18
 s522662

@Bodkin said:
Those same reasons are probably why it no longer has this. Zwei still has the most ez mode morphs in the game. I would think that perhaps, like everyone else, you should just be amending your playstyle instead of trying to get it back. I imagine they were targeting this playstyle on purpose, or you would still be able to do this.

sooner or later those morphs will be predictable and drags will rule out to what actually makes a weapon varied in a long run

Conscript 4549 6281
  • 13 May '18
 vanguard

@s522662 said:
the drags in this game looks way too predictable, thats the problem

No, they aren't. At all, lmao.

Knight 693 1593
  • 13 May '18
 das

Isn't this the guy that can't confirm whether he has alpha access?

194 89
  • 13 May '18
 a_squire

i dont like the idea of them deciding to make a game in a certain genre, then just removing certain peoples playstyles...

Conscript 4549 6281
  • 13 May '18
 vanguard

It didn't remove any playstile, you can still stab drag, it still is a fucking pain to read on the zwei, supposing you actually know how to drag in this game.

It was even more retarded before.

Knight 693 1593
  • 13 May '18
 das

I don't get the gloominess about "lack of playstyles". Chivalry had: SoW feint spam, Maul spinneroos, Messer spinneroo and feint spam, MAA dodge and stab, and Vangaurd spinneroo and feint spam. The options you have in Mordhau are not only more numerous but actually viable. Chivalry, the lack of FHF and parry being the only defensive option (thus making yellow bar stupidly important) actually limited a lot of potential playstyles.

Wanna play facehug with an axe? Go for it.

Wanna play facehug with a rapier? Strap on that full plate armor and go for it. Wanna play distance, pokey, and bait-and-punish instead with a rapier? Strip off some armor, go for it. Same weapon.

You've got a lot of options with versatile weapons like the 2h swords. Aggressive feints and chambers for a fast style. Defensive attrition play for a slow one that capitalizes on enemy mistakes and puts them on the ropes with low stamina. Mix it up with drags. Mix up the drags themselves. One particularly good one is to stab low and, if they chamber stab but DON'T morph it, counter stab chamber UPWARDS and do a sky -> head stabdrag while they're still aiming down. There is NOTHING like that in Chivalry.

Defensive and aggressive playsyles are so much more pronounced in even the top levels of Mordhau. Chivalry's a lot more rigid, you'd know this if you ever played up there past 2012's "feints are too cheap" meta.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 1
  • 14 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@das said:
I don't get the gloominess about "lack of playstyles". Chivalry had: SoW feint spam, Maul spinneroos, Messer spinneroo and feint spam, MAA dodge and stab, and Vangaurd spinneroo and feint spam. The options you have in Mordhau are not only more numerous but actually viable. Chivalry, the lack of FHF and parry being the only defensive option (thus making yellow bar stupidly important) actually limited a lot of potential playstyles.

Wanna play facehug with an axe? Go for it.

Wanna play facehug with a rapier? Strap on that full plate armor and go for it. Wanna play distance, pokey, and bait-and-punish instead with a rapier? Strip off some armor, go for it. Same weapon.

You've got a lot of options with versatile weapons like the 2h swords. Aggressive feints and chambers for a fast style. Defensive attrition play for a slow one that capitalizes on enemy mistakes and puts them on the ropes with low stamina. Mix it up with drags. Mix up the drags themselves. One particularly good one is to stab low and, if they chamber stab but DON'T morph it, counter stab chamber UPWARDS and do a sky -> head stabdrag while they're still aiming down. There is NOTHING like that in Chivalry.

Defensive and aggressive playsyles are so much more pronounced in even the top levels of Mordhau. Chivalry's a lot more rigid, you'd know this if you ever played up there past 2012's "feints are too cheap" meta.

I wanna feel like I have control over my distance game.

It feels super easy for someone to overcome my "distance advantage". Devolving gameplay into the same series of morph/feint/chamber tactics. It is too easy to force that style of gameplay, to the point where using distance as an advantage 1v1 isn't even worth the effort. Just choke up and feint them, then combo feint them. Or receive the same treatment.

140 66
  • 2
  • 23 May '18
 s522662

simple rules but alot of options in one ability, no more quantity over quality