Mordhau

Bring back old sprint-toggle (before patch 16)

Knight 692 2843
  • 1 May '18
 Mittsies

Before:
Shift toggles the sprint state. You will sprint anytime W is held, even if released, until you die or press shift again to turn it off.

Current:
While holding W, you can press shift to toggle sprint state. Releasing W will end the sprint and require you to toggle it back on.

Please add an option for sprint to behave like before, thanks.

837 1444

Agreed, I hate the new toggle system. Really screws me up alot

Duchess 750 3209
  • 2 May '18
 Stouty

I want to see an "auto run" bind like in PUBG, you press a button and your character will sprint in a straight line until you take over the controls or press the button again. This will be especially useful on the bigger maps

Baron 1551 2066

Bind sprint to W. Who needs walkin'?

Knight 23 25
  • 3 May '18
 Mef

I don't like my hand beeing glued to 'shift' all the time. Old sprint-toggle partially solved that, but wasn't optimal either.

Have an option to make sprint permanent and add bind for a 'walk' key.

I have solved this for myself through AutoHotkey script (can provide if anybody wants), but it's wanky in some ways and imho should already be in the game.

Baron 1551 2066
  • 3 May '18
 yourcrippledson

It's a difficult thing to figure out for this type of game. It is almost like treading new waters i guess. In chiv I used toggle, and it turned off when you were struck, parried or various other things would stop your sprinting. It took time to get a feel for when you stopped sprinting, and you'd have to learn when to tap the toggle back on again. Once you got the hang of that, it worked pretty well, but up until that point you were at a disadvantage compared to hold sprinters. Even in the end game, hold to sprint was more consistent and overall better... i just gave up, i hold sprint for Mordhau

Knight 23 25
  • 3 May '18
 Mef

True, hold sprint is overall better for the feel, but I have bound feints to 'shift', and there is no going back

2318 4630
  • 3 May '18
 Maci

@Mef said:
True, hold sprint is overall better for the feel, but I have bound feints to 'shift', and there is no going back

>not feinting with an USB gas pedal

wtf man

Knight 23 25
  • 3 May '18
 Mef

Funny, I actually borrowed once a digital USB pedal from a friend to try somthing like this, but it was kinda shit and I'd rather take my autosprint and have my thingers on most useful actions at all times

Knight 692 2843
  • 4 May '18
 Mittsies

@yourcrippledson said:
Bind sprint to W. Who needs walkin'?

Huh, why didn't I think of that? Yeah that works pretty well actually.

Though it's slightly annoying to have to "crouch" to walk forward. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

7 6

Binding both sprint and move forward to W key works good (toggle sprint off in settings).

79 100
  • 15 May
 Reapy

I ended up binding it to w here also.

I rebound crouch to shift and ctrl to walk.

This way I can crouch walk and if I really need to walk I just just hold ctrl.

It is a bit of a PITA though when you need to move forward and get stam, especially in a duel or fight where you want to sneak in some stam regen and want to footwork to be less obvious about it.

Knight 295 682
  • 15 May
 AngelEyes

why didn't I ever think of that before I love you both alot right now and so does my pinky

Knight 295 682
  • 15 May
 AngelEyes

You know I have a confession to make.. back when we first had this I said on here it felt wierd because in most fps games it untoggles when you release W key.
Then Marox came in was like yeah we will change it and now we have this... This is all my fault :(

Papa Marox can we please get the old way back please forgive me and brethren please forgive me

147 114