Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #16 Discussion Thread

Emperor 400 927
  • 5 May '18
 Soulcatcher

When I first stepped foot on the new map, all I could think was "gorgeous". Seriously the most visually stunning map you guys have done do date, some of the best maps I've ever seen in any game.

Absolutely so well done, great effort.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 5 May '18
 vanguard

@Soulcatcher said:
When I first stepped foot on the new map, all I could think was "gorgeous". Seriously the most visually stunning map you guys have done do date, some of the best maps I've ever seen in any game.

Absolutely so well done, great effort.

Absolute true imho, the map devs does deserve praise tbh and I can't wait to see the big maps, with all the interactive stuff in place etc. I think that the maps + stuff to interact with them might even be a better selling point then the combat itself. Fuck, I really want to see the big maps, with rivers and bridges and stuff

2428 4937
  • 5 May '18
 Maci

I do agree, graphical fidelity wise the maps, especially the new one look amazing.
Gameplay wise however it sucks siberian penis. The worst offender are horses, who though horses are a good idea with this map? It's way too small, and the way horses are currently set up (with which I mean they control like steaming shit), you get stuck on every fucking pebble on the ground. I'd really suggest the devs looking at how Mortal Online handled horses. It's very similar to Mordhau with the difference that it controls well. And even without horses, idk man, there is just too many tight spaces I guess. Your weapon gets stuck every fucking where and you often can't help out teammates because everything is so tight, it's almost worse than grad interior lol.

Duke 5558 13284
  • 6 May '18
 Jax — Community Manager

Mountainpeak is getting cleaned up, less clutter soon.

Baron 1551 2087
  • 6 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Jax said:
Mountainpeak is getting cleaned up, less clutter soon.

Just leave the peaks and shovel out a nice camp sized clearing for us to play in between them.

Knight 941 2569
  • 9 May '18
 Pred

In light of current kick problems, I also wanted to bring to the devs attention that in Chivalry, the single most dangerous situation on the battlefield was the rare occasion when you stun-kicked a shield user. You were absolutely 100% guaranteed to eat a hit from a teammate EVERY TIME, people just can't contain themselves when they see a potential free hit.

I actually thought about making a compilation of stun-kicking shield users and getting hit by teammates, I shit you not, I had like 15-20 clips at some point.

2428 4937
  • 9 May '18
 Maci

@Pred said:
In light of current kick problems, I also wanted to bring to the devs attention that in Chivalry, the single most dangerous situation on the battlefield was the rare occasion when you stun-kicked a shield user. You were absolutely 100% guaranteed to eat a hit from a teammate EVERY TIME, people just can't contain themselves when they see a potential free hit.

I actually thought about making a compilation of stun-kicking shield users and getting hit by teammates, I shit you not, I had like 15-20 clips at some point.

God I fucking hate pub Chivalry because of shit like this man

Mercenary 1263 2303

@Pred said:
In light of current kick problems, I also wanted to bring to the devs attention that in Chivalry, the single most dangerous situation on the battlefield was the rare occasion when you stun-kicked a shield user. You were absolutely 100% guaranteed to eat a hit from a teammate EVERY TIME, people just can't contain themselves when they see a potential free hit.

I actually thought about making a compilation of stun-kicking shield users and getting hit by teammates, I shit you not, I had like 15-20 clips at some point.

Yesterday I was playing some TDM on Grad, using the gate trap (opening the gate, letting one person in then quickly closing it behind them so they are trapped). The standard thing to do is to push the lone enemy against the gate and then spam kick with your team. Well, I was the only one kicking and it resulted in all of the team damage to the point where the tactic was working more against our team than for us. Explaining how we were losing in team chat didn't help.

This kind of thing seems like more of a 'mentally challenged teammates' issue than something the devs can fix though, Pred.

Knight 941 2569
  • 1
  • 9 May '18
 Pred

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
This kind of thing seems like more of a 'mentally challenged teammates' issue than something the devs can fix though, Pred.

Gotta know your audience and plan accordingly though if you are a dev.

People will be playing your game and people are stupid. Like some say "You can use firepots very intelligently - I saw someone use a firepot to cut off one guy from his team with a vell placed throw" - yeah, it's nice and all, but for every one of them you will see another 200 thrown into groups of people or your own spawn.

140 66
  • 12 May '18
 s522662

so the real question is why are you making offense less reliable but your making feints better, are you trying to make chivalry 2.0?

Duke 2266 4010
  • 12 May '18
 Huggles

@s522662 said:
so the real question is why are you making offense less reliable but your making feints better, are you trying to make chivalry 2.0?

I had the same concerns from just reading the patch notes but you really can't tell until you play the game. Feints didn't get that much better much at all and if anything were nerfed especially since they became more punishable.

Knight 941 2569
  • 13 May '18
 Pred

Could we also make the feint on the attack comboed from a miss cost a ton of stamina, like consecutive misses do?

Still feels like I'm in a compromised position when people overdrag or miss an attack on purpose and I have to stand there in facehug, having to read what is their next idea.

Baron 1551 2087
  • 13 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Pred said:
Could we also make the feint on the attack comboed from a miss cost a ton of stamina, like consecutive misses do?

Still feels like I'm in a compromised position when people overdrag or miss an attack on purpose and I have to stand there in facehug, having to read what is their next idea.

This might be a good idea, as the mechanic is ridiculously powerful.

Sellsword 792 2352
  • 13 Jul '18
 Goof

Coming home every day to see that there is still no update to Mordhau.
med_1476164250_image.jpg

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 14 Jul '18
 EruTheTeapot

Remember when Alpha Build #16 dropped ?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

1090 6149
  • 25 Jul '18
 crushed — Art

This topic has been unpinned.