Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #16 Discussion Thread

212 348

the ragdolling from dead horses is hilarious, are there any more map scenarios where ragdolling could happen? like being hit by throwable while climbing ladder could cause you to fall. there seems a lot of potential

Baron 1551 2087
  • 3 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@Magnificent Father said:
the ragdolling from dead horses is hilarious, are there any more map scenarios where ragdolling could happen? like being hit by throwable while climbing ladder could cause you to fall. there seems a lot of potential

The halb secondary and the bill hook can ragdoll ladder climbers

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 3 May '18
 vanguard

240 system needs more love AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA devs pls

Knight 3313 6811
  • 3 May '18
 Bodkin

Love the content, but this update caused some wierd stuff with swing animations in 3rd.

I now see swings like they would act in chivalry to an extent, seeing them clip through the air at like 10frame animations and hit after they go through me.

Does this have to do with the extrapolation or is there something I missed where we made releases look wonkier on purpose ?

Mercenary 1263 2303

Parries feel even more inconsistent to me, not sure what causes this though. Many instances of being hit right through parry, this seems to have roughly doubled since last patch. Ping probably not the issue since it's low. Might just be me being shit though.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 3 May '18
 Stouty

I don't think that stun on kick feels appropriate in Mordhau, everything about the game is fast paced and reactive apart from this one mechanic that forces you to stand up straight and eat a hit. Besides the cheese aspect, it doesn't feel "movie" realistic (which is what should be aimed for) when a kick delivered to a knee causes a bigger reaction than a maul to the chest. I'd prefer for it to revert back to raw damage and maybe retain the stun for shield players or just completely remove the stun if shields are deemed balanced already

1315 2881
  • 3 May '18
 Monsteri

Kick stuns just need a proper, flashy animation tbh

Knight 3313 6811
  • 3 May '18
 Bodkin

The kickstun should probably act like you got hit in the sternum and have your character wheeze and hold their stomach in pain for a split second (stun duration)

Knight 685 1855
  • 3 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Stouty said:
I don't think that stun on kick feels appropriate in Mordhau, everything about the game is fast paced and reactive apart from this one mechanic that forces you to stand up straight and eat a hit. Besides the cheese aspect, it doesn't feel "movie" realistic (which is what should be aimed for) when a kick delivered to a knee causes a bigger reaction than a maul to the chest. I'd prefer for it to revert back to raw damage and maybe retain the stun for shield players or just completely remove the stun if shields are deemed balanced already

The wierdest part is the fact that kick doesn't stun when you block or parry. To me it should be the opposite.

Baron 1551 2087
  • 3 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

The wierdest part is the fact that kick doesn't stun when you block or parry. To me it should be the opposite.

Agreed. Forcing players to decipher between kicks and attacks only increases skill ceiling.

Count 164 304
  • 4 May '18
 ColonelMustache

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

@EruTheTeapot said:
@Jax ,

What alternate mode will Executioner's Sword have ? Another grip or 2h Throw ?

In game, on the armory, it says 2h throw. It might just be a placeholder tho.

It'd be hilarious to throw it (albeit it's currently listed with insanely high throwing damage which I imagine would be nerfed significantly), but I suspect it'll get a mordhau grip.

Count 887 3301

This patch is the least fun I've had with the game tbh. Timing feels awkward, and parrying seems less consistent. Seemingly more weird desync hits now as well. Patch 15 was miles ahead in terms of enjoyment imo.

I like that animations are more readable, but somehow fights feel like they are missing something. It just feels kind of static to me. I'm definitely not a fan of the force to walk. Every single error does not need a punishing mechanic. Too much of that and it feels like the freedom and fun is being nitpicked away with propeller headed micro tweaking.

I like the new weapon additions though.

Knight 528 3386
  • 4 May '18
 rob_owner

i knocked someone off horse with halberd smack, then stab their body while its on floor, but then so i for sure get another free hit because they're still alive, i kick them, so after their ragdoll stun, they get kick stunned.

i thought this was a bit over kill and brutal, especially since more than 1 person knocking a guy off a horse causes people to zombie swarm him, its already especially unlikely for the person to survive in that case.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 4 May '18
 Huggles

Mistakes DO need punishments. Especially when the game would otherwise be very slow.

I think the devs have the right idea with gameplay being slightly slower paced, deliberative, and less spammy but with more commitment and punishment.

If fuck ups are going to be less punishing than this new slower pace would just feel shit and fights would last forever. Would be an utter snooze fest.

Mercenary 112 315
  • 4 May '18
 Racemate

Thanks for Federschwert (training sword), it's good to practice with. Would be also nice to have a 1h practice sword (could be used along with shields), and maybe spear as well.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 4 May '18
 Bodkin

Practice spear is Qstaff

Mercenary 1263 2303

@Bodkin said:
Practice spear is Qstaff

Doesn't handle the same at all, whereas feder is simulating the longsword handling.

1430 2175

I'm tired of getting my rectum resized by people using federschewert lol

Knight 941 2569
  • 4 May '18
 Pred

Sorry but the current feint, escpecially paired with this make believe riposte that is not a riposte are fucking janky as fuck and sometimes look like a slideshow.

Knight 941 2569
  • 4 May '18
 Pred

Also, I think it's much easier to land shots with the training sword than actual Longsword because it's much thinner and harder to see. Maybe something should be done to make the thin bladed weapons more visible.