Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #16 Discussion Thread

1090 6149
  • 1 May '18
 crushed — Art

Here's the patch notes: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10158/changelog-thread/

What do you guys think of the changes? Discuss them here!

1090 6149
  • 1 May '18
 crushed — Art

This topic has been pinned.

Mercenary 1263 2303
Knight 941 2569
  • 1 May '18
 Pred

Removed projectile flinch entirely

Thank you Jesus.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 1 May '18
 EruTheTeapot

Halo.jpg

Aaaw yiss

Duke 554 950
  • 1 May '18
 Goatie

20180502021336_1.jpg

I appear to be stuck

Duchess 806 3550
  • 1 May '18
 Stouty

Fixed two team scoreboard being off center by a few pixels

thank GOD

Duke 356 384
  • 1 May '18
 AFluffyKnight

These patchnotes get more enjoyable to read with every iteration.

I love what is being done with the game and the frequency of testing experimental mechanics.

105 685
  • 1 May '18
 Spook — UI

@Stouty said:

Fixed two team scoreboard being off center by a few pixels

thank GOD

Game is finally playable

Knight 627 2068
  • 1 May '18
 LuxCandidus
  • Mountain Peak is great. Well done to those who worked on it.
  • Thank you for the rundown in addition to the patch notes, @Jax. Your diligence in the past two weeks has not gone unnoticed. I appreciate the recently high amount of communication from Triternion in general. It is the right move.
  • Steep terrain pushes you away too much and as a result is very difficult to traverse. I have noticed this very early in the alpha, but on the new map it really shows. One ladder in particular is almost unreachable because the surrounding terrain slides you away from it.
  • While on a horse I noticed opponents would sometimes parry an attack I did when I passed them by two seconds ago, despite now being far away from them. I am not sure if the issue here is the way the server processes timing or how quickly one can move away from the point of the attack.
  • Horses should deal trample damage only if going at a certain speed. Currently you can start moving and immediately deal damage to all your teammates. When facing a rider it can feel cheap to take 40 damage from his horse that just started moving.
  • Horses might benefit greatly from a simple system that makes the horse naturally move away from incoming obstacles. A sort of "smart" AI that helps you avoid small obstacles that would otherwise cause you to stop every two seconds.
Mercenary 1263 2303

The funfair at the test map is a great addition! Only downside is that the nice long bit people used for jousting is now occupied... by something awesome though. Maybe add a jousting lane on the other side?

1430 2175

We got executioner's sword, federschewert and bastard axe :,c Where's my bastard mace at? Otherwise nice update and no cheese so far. When will we make parry bubble smaller?

Knight 86 133
  • 1 May '18
 Raegarth

Can I play again with my old computer or is it still like the previous builds ?

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 1 May '18
 vanguard

I just had a few duels and I must say that the game is feeling MUCH more consistent overall. I can wait to read stuff!!!!!!

Duke 2266 4010
  • 1 May '18
 Huggles

Edit: I really like the new patch overall actually. The changes seemed pretty miniscule but after playing and getting a feel for it more, the game is amazing.

The only glaring issue I see is how poor drags are for most weapons, mostly due to the 5% of release that deals no damage. In patch 14 this was there, but drags were still strong due to release phase being pretty long all in all. However, with the new way release works you experience the last 5% much more often for regular drags really and it feels terrible. Plenty of attacks that whiff that have no business whiffing, attacks that visually go through people. And it doesn't really accomplish what the last 5% set out to do already.

Imho, I think you either need to remove the last 5% of release whiffing or revert the release changes. I think dropping the last 5% is much simpler and would keep drags from feeling super slow and shitty to get hit by, while also restoring so much needed variety to the game.

Knight 685 1855
  • 2 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

We had so much fun playing on the new map yesterday. It's great to finally be able to play with horses on a proper map !

Knight 941 2569
  • 2 May '18
 Pred

Not sure about the feint change tho. In patch 15 it finally felt like you had to use some skill or effort to pull it of (chamber or morph feints) or use them at appropriate moments (regular or combo feints). Now it seems like a return to old ways with pressing a button plus breaking your spine for a better effect.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 2 May '18
 EruTheTeapot

@Jax ,

What alternate mode will Executioner's Sword have ? Another grip or 2h Throw ?

Knight 685 1855
  • 2 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@EruTheTeapot said:
@Jax ,

What alternate mode will Executioner's Sword have ? Another grip or 2h Throw ?

In game, on the armory, it says 2h throw. It might just be a placeholder tho.

Baron 1551 2087

This update feels REALLY GOOD. Really fun right now. Executioner is one of my new favourites.

I have so many loadouts now that I need a randomize loadout button.

Drags could be better. Parry box should maybe be smallerish..

Spawn zone death timer destroys immersion. I hate it.

Respawn time options would be nice. No need to waste precious seconds of my life waiting to spawn fighting bots in an alpha.

Some projectile weapons should flinch with headshots. If that is too OP, fair enough, they should still flinch if you hit them in the face from within a certain distance.. like 6 feet? Comeon.
It just seems wrong to me to see my axe embed itself in my enemies FACE without so much as a wince.