Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Attacks missing someone and then turning back into them later. (Waterfalls)

Baron 1551 2087
  • 28 Apr '18
 yourcrippledson

@a_squire said:
its not really about it being high skill.. its more about just being different... got to feel like a jedi when things got boring

I liked it a lot and would be very fun in a game it is designed to be in. I hope that game happens too. Nothing like headshot reversing an archer with the polehammer...

Duke 5558 13284
  • 28 Apr '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@a_squire spins are not happening. In Mordhau, you look at the people you want to kill.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 28 Apr '18
 Huggles

That last spin is the only thing that is concerning to me. Not sure why glancing blows didn't trigger.

Anyway, these swing manipulations are not at all reliable and basic footwork destroys them. There's no real way to prevent these super edge cases without destroying the combat system so why bother attempting to do so if they aren't even effective?

Just like, use WASD. /Thread

Also, standing still while crouched should be a very huge disadvantage when it comes to defense. Stationary should = death tbh.

• 28 Apr '18
 a_squire
This comment was deleted.
  • 28 Apr '18
 a_squire
  • 28 Apr '18
 a_squire
  • 28 Apr '18
 EruTheTeapot
  • 28 Apr '18
 a_squire
Knight 253 546
  • 28 Apr '18
 Gauntlet

I've removed some off topic posts and would like to remind everyone to keep the discussion relevant to the original post and its contents.

198 89
  • 28 Apr '18
 a_squire

you... >:/

Knight 196 414

@Jax said:
@a_squire spins are not happening. In Mordhau, you look at the people you want to kill.

Haha, we'll see about that.

102 322
  • 29 Apr '18
 chaquator

you can do decent 360s using morphs

Count 671 1131
  • 30 Apr '18
 Zexis

waterfalls should stay, they are a cool result of the swing system and raise the skill ceiling. they can generally be avoided with footwork, too

301 875
  • 30 Apr '18
 Naleaus

@Zexis said:
waterfalls should stay, they are a cool result of the swing system and raise the skill ceiling. they can generally be avoided with footwork, too

Besides, if they remove them, what attack will I spam!?

Emperor 400 927
  • 1 May '18
 Soulcatcher

Lmao is that guy using the Messer too?

Deja vu

Only suspect part of that gif is the helicopter bit at the end, waterfalls shoulder drags whatever you fancy calling em are fine

Knight 17 8
  • 1 May '18
 artyom

It's almost the same thing as stab dragging, pretty unrealistic and a cheap way to get around getting chambered.'
"But footwork counters it."
How?
With the current turncap you can move your sword wherever the hell you want whether or not your opponent is using WASD.

Knight 685 1855
  • 1 May '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@artyom said:
It's almost the same thing as stab dragging, pretty unrealistic and a cheap way to get around getting chambered.'
"But footwork counters it."
How?
With the current turncap you can move your sword wherever the hell you want whether or not your opponent is using WASD.

I disagree. Since the stab drags have been nerfed, they aren't too hard to parry, chamber or dodge, while being harder to make.

Knight 17 8
  • 3 May '18
 artyom

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
I disagree. Since the stab drags have been nerfed, they aren't too hard to parry, chamber or dodge, while being harder to make.

i mean old stab drags

• 5 May '18
 a_squire
3 5
  • 5 May '18
 TomNoodle

Just get good lol