Mordhau

Attacks missing someone and then turning back into them later. (Waterfalls)

Knight 928 2545
  • 27 Apr '18
 Pred

@vanguard said:

@Pred said:

@EruTheTeapot said:
Waterfalls ? Rainbows ?
Who the fuck names those things tbh..

They are actually pretty accurate and descriptive, aren't they?

No, they make no sense if I am to be honest.

Here, this tracers looks like a rainbow, but the attack called rainbow doesn`t look like this

rainbow.jpg

And here is a waterfall

waterfal.jpg

It gets specially worse when you consider BOTH names were used to refer to backswings in chivalry.

We need better names for drags tbh, all the names we have are ridiculously stupid and doesn't represent the attack well.

Rainbow was a reverse overhead, where the sword would draw a rainbow over you.

Waterfall was like when you go for their head, but move weapon to the side and along the lenght of their body and hit the legs.

Both seem perfectly descriptive to me.

Conscript 4562 6301
  • 27 Apr '18
 vanguard

No, bad name, stop using it at once or I'll say MEAN things to you. Rainbows no longer exist and waterfal could be any normal overhead or a footdrag

Knight 928 2545
  • 27 Apr '18
 Pred

@vanguard said:
No, bad name, stop using it at once or I'll say MEAN things to you. Rainbows no longer exist and waterfal could be any normal overhead or a footdrag

Waterfall was actually a footdrag to the "wrong side".

194 89
  • 2
  • 27 Apr '18
 a_squire

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I'm someone totally against the spinning guessing game

aah, so you werent any good then? cause im telling you my rainbows werent random. and neither were my opponents who also put a thousand plus hours into chivalry.

once the mechanics become second nature for both parties in a chiv duel... the duel could last forever if someone didnt get shifty with some spins like a jedi or cireo farrel.

again: yall kids just wanna role play as a knight, you dont even see the games competative potential.

go play skyrim or that new one: deliverence

edit: once the mechanics become second nature for both parties in a chiv duel... the duel could last forever if someone didnt get shifty with some spins like a jedi or cireo farrel. and the duels could still last forever at the pro level with waterfalls if the two players gamesplay styles were similar at all!! not random. you just never put in the time to learn to read them

194 89
  • 1
  • 27 Apr '18
 a_squire

if it were a guessing game i wouldnt have gotten good at beheading freshly dead people behand my crouched self. yall sadden me. mainly cause the devs sound like their a part of your anti good game mindset

and their called Spinerinos freaks

36 70
  • 27 Apr '18
 Elder

Fights crouched and stationary

Complains about drags

Conscript 4562 6301
  • 27 Apr '18
 vanguard

@a_squire said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I'm someone totally against the spinning guessing game

aah, so you werent any good then? cause im telling you my rainbows werent random. and neither were my opponents who also put a thousand plus hours into chivalry.

once the mechanics become second nature for both parties in a chiv duel... the duel could last forever if someone didnt get shifty with some spins like a jedi or cireo farrel.

again: yall kids just wanna role play as a knight, you dont even see the games competative potential.

go play skyrim or that new one: deliverence

edit: once the mechanics become second nature for both parties in a chiv duel... the duel could last forever if someone didnt get shifty with some spins like a jedi or cireo farrel. and the duels could still last forever at the pro level with waterfalls if the two players gamesplay styles were similar at all!! not random. you just never put in the time to learn to read them

If you think backswings are good in chiv then you are a goddamn scrub and everyone you fight against is also a goddamn scrub, where both can't fake-backswing so you both think you are good and the game is fine, but in reality, it is just scrubery of the highest level

194 89
  • 2
  • 27 Apr '18
 a_squire

im sorry you were no good.

in my experience: the only people who complain are the ones who couldnt do it... whether that was ping or a poor eye... i dunno but you sound bad

or you just wanna role play as a knight... and have theatrical fights which is cool. whatever floats your boat.
but i like competative gameplay... fast paced competative gameplay.

and dont get me wrong: im all for them being removed from mordhau if there are other machanics in place: like the clash mechanic and chambering and what not

Baron 1551 2085
  • 1
  • 27 Apr '18
 yourcrippledson

@Koda said:
Standing still is the best way to demonstrate the combat mechanics in the game as they are. Footwork just mitigates the broken-ness of it.

It's weird how i disagree with you here, yet i feel there is a flake of truth to this

1154 1807

@a_squire said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I'm someone totally against the spinning guessing game

aah, so you werent any good then? cause im telling you my rainbows werent random. and neither were my opponents who also put a thousand plus hours into chivalry.

once the mechanics become second nature for both parties in a chiv duel... the duel could last forever if someone didnt get shifty with some spins like a jedi or cireo farrel.

again: yall kids just wanna role play as a knight, you dont even see the games competative potential.

go play skyrim or that new one: deliverence

edit: once the mechanics become second nature for both parties in a chiv duel... the duel could last forever if someone didnt get shifty with some spins like a jedi or cireo farrel. and the duels could still last forever at the pro level with waterfalls if the two players gamesplay styles were similar at all!! not random. you just never put in the time to learn to read them

Why are you calling me out? What do you bring to the table by telling me to play Skyrim or wtf. Did you even read my whole post? Did you even comprehend it? Why do you even post on these forums, you seem to flip flop on every topic. I'll humor you with a reply I guess:

My duels DO go on forever... because I can read most spin drags and other exorcist shit while I use none... and when someone's particular moves become harder to read I just use a shield and the duel keeps going. That's a problem with Chivalry's mechanics more than anything else...

DON'T call me out until you've dueled me in Chivalry where controller sensitivity isn't gimped, parry wasn't a magical forcefield (my playstyle was at least viable in Chivalry) and 100 ping was fine. Spin all you like, it's gay af but it's just a rehearsed move, nothing to brag about and you can rehearse the same moves in Mordhau that are harder to read and don't even require you to expose your backside.

Redo your last comment. Do so in a manner that intelligently makes whatever point you sloppily tried to make regarding balance/mechanics.

194 89
  • 1
  • 27 Apr '18
 a_squire

my point is that they have their place. that the chivalry gets boring and slow playing it the way you say is “correct”. its more realistic ill give you that. but im not here to play a simulation, im here to play a game.

i wasnt really calling you out either. im just sad seeing that theirs a select core of players here who have access to the mordhau alpha that talk to the devs, and ive seen them make a suggestion then next thing you know the devs did what they wanted in the next patch... and its sad tweaks to mechanics meant to limit/remive exploits like the rainbow, which is fine: but very few people on the forums can see how it limits the rest of the game... ive seen gameplay videos from every patch... and honestly... the origional game looked the most fun. and i see it devolving because of input like yours. not calling you out. more hoping the devs read all this shite and that the devs hear both sides and that they find a happy middle ground for mordhau by release.

194 89
  • 27 Apr '18
 a_squire

and this is the internet. dont take my responses personaly. look at my picture of that sad clown. if i sound agressive just look at the sad clown. maybe youll understand my tone. im not trying to be a dick

301 875
  • 27 Apr '18
 Naleaus

@a_squire said:
my point is that they have their place. that the chivalry gets boring and slow playing it the way you say is “correct”. its more realistic ill give you that. but im not here to play a simulation, im here to play a game.

i wasnt really calling you out either. im just sad seeing that theirs a select core of players here who have access to the mordhau alpha that talk to the devs, and ive seen them make a suggestion then next thing you know the devs did what they wanted in the next patch... and its sad tweaks to mechanics meant to limit/remive exploits like the rainbow, which is fine: but very few people on the forums can see how it limits the rest of the game... ive seen gameplay videos from every patch... and honestly... the origional game looked the most fun. and i see it devolving because of input like yours. not calling you out. more hoping the devs read all this shite and that the devs hear both sides and that they find a happy middle ground for mordhau by release.

It's not about what you want though. The goal is to make a game that will retain a playerbase, not just sell a lot of copies because it's on sale every other week for $3. Issues with Chivalry that prevented more than a thousand or so playing normally were unintuitive attacks like reverses and the more egregious drags that were possible, the difficulty of defending against feints versus their ease of use and other problems (bugs, balance, mechanics, etc.)

Drags still exist, feints still work, but they're not quite as dumb. There are also other mechanics in place that help to increase the skill ceiling to make up for removing the bad looking stuff. They're still trying to find a balance.

It's a different game, not Chivalry 2, and to expect the same shit as Chivalry with better graphics is not a realistic outlook, and asking for that is going to get your feedback ignored.

194 89
  • 27 Apr '18
 a_squire

sigh..
im done giving input if my point wont even be heard. cheers.
heres to hoping that the the game doesnt feel slow.
if you limit players too much you might as well have a lock on system but what do i know. thats just my opinion. also my opinion that the gameplay has gotten slower and slower as the patches have progressed.
yall make the clown sad.

Baron 1551 2085
  • 27 Apr '18
 yourcrippledson

@Lionheart Chevalier said:

where controller sensitivity isn't gimped

Dude it isn't gimped. I spun around right before your eyes with a controller.

Conscript 4562 6301
  • 1
  • 27 Apr '18
 vanguard

@a_squire said:
im sorry you were no good.

in my experience: the only people who complain are the ones who couldnt do it... whether that was ping or a poor eye... i dunno but you sound bad

WHAT THE FUCK DID U JUST SAID ABOUT ME U LITTLE BITCH, I'll let you know that I have thousands of hours, many confirmed kills and a lot of raids into agatha kingdom

Show me what u got small boi, I was making chiv backswings and complaining about archers when you were just a little kid playing skirim

or you just wanna role play as a knight... and have theatrical fights which is cool. whatever floats your boat.
but i like competative gameplay... fast paced competative gameplay.

and dont get me wrong: im all for them being removed from mordhau if there are other machanics in place: like the clash mechanic and chambering and what not

The game is fast as fuck, don't worry comrade

194 89
  • 27 Apr '18
 a_squire

@vanguard said:
The game is fast as fuck, don't worry comrade

ill take your word for it

Conscript 4562 6301
  • 1
  • 27 Apr '18
 vanguard

In some aspects I'd say it is faster then chivalry. Here, it is too easy to force your opponent to fuck up on the deffense imho, timing changes midfight are BRUTAL in mordhau, and they are subtle as fuck, which means your brain might just explode of how much attention you have to pay to stuff your opponent does.

If your worries is that the high-level play is shallow, then well it isn't really. I mean accelerated attacks are what makes the bulk of the fights in my experience, so it is kinda one dimentional, idk.

194 89
  • 27 Apr '18
 a_squire

@vanguard said:
WHAT THE FUCK DID U JUST SAID ABOUT ME U LITTLE BITCH

MAWFK! I WAS TALKIN MAD BEEF ON YOUR GAME BRUH, ILL SWING ON YOU, YOU REPROBATE! YOU CANT EVEN SPINERINO DAWG!? HOW’MI SUPPOSED TO TAKE YOU SRSLY FOR REAL?! AND CHANGE MY DIAPER BRUH! CMON DAWG >:D

Duke 5501 13138
  • 27 Apr '18
 Jax — Community Manager

Rainbows or reverse overheads suck, they won't be in Mordhau.

Even if they added to the skill ceiling in CMW, they didn't do it in an intuitive or fun way. We have many more mechanics in place that increase the skill gap without needing to have them. As for the pace, it can be slower or faster than Chiv, you're going to have to play it for yourself.