Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #15 Discussion Thread

1430 2175

Stab drag nerf was a shield buff plus patch 15 shield angles were made slightly less strict. As a guy who uses shield often, I definitely think shield angle/strictness should be brought back to patch 14. Otherwise shields are perfect.

Everyone saying patch 15 shields are still useless simply don't know how to use them... and this is coming from a guy who plays with gimped controller sensitivity and high ping 90% of the time.

Knight 5410 7408
  • 27 Apr '18
 Humble Staff

@Grator said:
It's hollow, but how would you even know

weaponscametics.png

Ohhh, why i didn't even think of that!!
Thanks Grator, now it does make more sense, gives the impresion that if that hits you, you will have an early appointment with Jesus (or satan if you are a naughty boy) and it also kinda makes easier to hit with the hammer head given how big it is.
On the other side, while no one would want to be on the receiving end of a swing from this weapon, the energy would get dispersed quite a lot with a hit square on its target.
It's biggest asset would be intimidation really.
I do love to be proven wrong, an ingenious solution to make what would be a piece of crap of a weapon an actually wieldable one.

212 348

how do you turn off damage in local play

Duke 5558 13284
  • 28 Apr '18
 Jax — Community Manager

toggledamage

Baron 1551 2087
  • 30 Apr '18
 yourcrippledson

@Pred Said:

There is another corresponding issue there, as the "short" Maul is not short at all with a light class, as its effective range can outreach and outgamble longer weps. This is a somewhat global issue, but particularly infuriating with Maul because of its stupid damage.

This is something I've noticed as well, in duels mainly. Not specifically an issue with the maul. But that without the Movement restrictions that Chivalry had for each weapon, the actual range of weapons seem almost like a non-factor the majority of the time.

The 1 handers especially all feel the exact same.

1430 2175

Maul wouldn't be half as cancerous if it's thrust damage was reduced and or slower.

Mercenary 1263 2303

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Maul wouldn't be half as cancerous if it's thrust damage was reduced and or slower.

Mol wouldn't be half as cancerous if it wasn't in the game

fite meh

Baron 1551 2087
  • 1 May '18
 yourcrippledson

Maul needs to be in the game.

Mercenary 1263 2303

I'm a mediocre player and the only time I selected maul in deathmatch, I overwhelmingly won, simply by moving from one pocket of people fighting to the next bonking them on the head from behind. It's a meme anyway and, afaik, rarely (maybe never) used on the battlefield in the medieval period.

The OHK potential on every armour class is too cheese.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 1 May '18
 EruTheTeapot

That isn't an excuse or an issue with maul though...

1090 6149
  • 1 May '18
 crushed — Art

This topic has been unpinned.

1090 6149
  • 1 May '18
 crushed — Art

This topic has been closed.