Mordhau

Open Beta?

7 3
  • 30 Mar '18
 Papichulo

I sadly missed my window to donate to the kickstarter and get the game key and i was wondering if there will be an open beta for people like me to get a taste of the game before it comes out.

Count 331 1394
  • 30 Mar '18
 RingMaster

Yes there will be, we don't know when however. My best guess would be summer

Knight 154 452
  • 30 Mar '18
 Nautilus

There will most likely be no open beta as the devs are not doing early access.

Count 331 1394
  • 30 Mar '18
 RingMaster

@Nautilus said:
There will most likely be no open beta as the devs are not doing early access.

One of us is wrong here, i'm so fucking sure the devs and others have said there will be an open beta at some point but now you're making doubt that, can someone else confirm this?

Baron 201 453
  • 30 Mar '18
 Ceegal

I'm pretty sure they agreed that an open beta a few days before release in order to stress test the servers would be a good idea.

Duchess 6885 9857
  • 30 Mar '18
 Sir Zombie

Even the devs don't know smh

214 412
  • 30 Mar '18
 Astonop

My bet for an open beta would be at the end of the actual beta - having it any earlier than that point would piss off a fair few people that paid for exclusive access to the game. It would be smart to stress test everything before full release, and who knows, maybe even get a few bugs squashed.

Duke 5501 13138
  • 30 Mar '18
 Jax — Community Manager

I think the best thing would be a closed beta that works like dis

• Backers have 24/7 access duh
  • Discounted pre-order ($15-25) like 6 weeks out from release
  • Pre order gives you access to public beta testing periods + exclusive cosmetic (backers would get it too)
  • Public test periods would be like the first 5 weekends and then the last week.
  • Promotional keys that are free and given to media sites + big streamers that last for one testing period (one weekend)
  • big transparent post on the steam page saying why there are pre-orders (to ensure funding for servers on release and final testing) and that the devs have been working off of only 300k since 2017

This would allow people to get the game early for a discount, gauge interest, stress test, and be able to use the free keys as a clever marketing tool (the game should pretty much sell itself tbh).

This also allows them to skirt early access and avoid the negative reputation it has while explaining why it's necessary to do pre-orders.

Count 331 1394
  • 30 Mar '18
 RingMaster

Yea that's a good way to do it, this game shouldn't pull an Evolve and do weeks of free open betas and let people rack in 100 hours before releasing the game, no one bought evolve because they already played their fill, which helped kill the game.