Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Single handly i can say the feinting in this game is broken.

Knight 528 3386
  • 28 Mar '18
 rob_owner

i'd blame longer lasting releases and lunge letting you swerve around instead of locking your direction or somethin but you can blame their had are hit boxes too i guess

the last bit kind of looks like the stab goes through me and the hit didnt register, but it was just done doing damage, already went through release and was comboing to an overhead, if it were mordhau it would have still been in release and the lunge would let him bend direction to track me way easier, you can like that more if you want.

Knight 685 1855
  • 28 Mar '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

One thing about the grunt though : Chivalry's grunt started slightly before the release of an attack, meaning that you had enough time to hear the grunt and react. Mordhau's grunt start at release, which means that you can get hit at the same time as you start hearing the grunt, making it useless, especially for feint reading.

18 16
  • 29 Mar '18
 Underainy

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
One thing about the grunt though : Chivalry's grunt started slightly before the release of an attack, meaning that you had enough time to hear the grunt and react. Mordhau's grunt start at release, which means that you can get hit at the same time as you start hearing the grunt, making it useless, especially for feint reading.

Exactly its about 0.02 seconds when some repost your attack. and you trying to hear that grunt

Baron 1551 2087
  • 29 Mar '18
 yourcrippledson

@Underainy said:

for example: the Maul is almost impossble to read because the maul is the a small weapon and it should be fixed

THE MAUL IS SO SMALL THAT WHEN I FEINT YOU WITH IT, YOU CAN JUST TURN AROUND AND DUCK AND RUN, YOU'LL PROBABLY GET AWAY. OPS CAPS OH WELL.

sO ANYWAY YOU SEE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO READ THE FEINT, THEN A CHANCE TO DOGE/RUN AWAY. also YOU CAN BLINDLY CHAMBER, YOU WILL SURELY HIT THE MAUL WIELDER FIRST IF HE SHOULD MAKE THE GRAVE MISTAKE OF FEINTING. OPS CAPS OH WELL

anyway point is THERE ARE WAYS OF DEALING WITH IT BEYOND ASKING FORUM DADDIS FOR HELP. OPS CAPS OH WELL.

396 454
  • 29 Mar '18
 JasonBourne

Learn to play with feints. It takes time but its worth. I come from chiv:dw where the community never feints but this is mordhau and I learned to use and deal with it. Also I love it. Just feint it.

1430 2175

I love feints. I hate getting feinted, to be sure, since my ping doesn't let me wait it out and I haven't learned to chamber yet but man I love putting what I put into making my feint believable. Love tricking opponents hundreds of times better who should know better. So satisfying when it all comes together.

In Chiv, I rarely feinted for chivalrous reasons but here I consider about everything fair game. There are no spins and the drags aren't nearly so disgusting. Some things may need be tweaked but nothing is crazy broken and feints can be countered with chambers, especially the accel feints or stab feints which are both the hardest to parry otherwise.

I wouldn't mind making the feint window shorter to satisfy those that consider feints broken but let's be real. Microfeints are the deadliest anyways since they bait chambers much like a morph and you still have to control your reaction to it, though it is sightly easier to read or wait out. I think chambers would only counter micro feints some of the time. But hey, maybe I'm wrong, I do not chamber anything but overheads and stabs with limited success.

305 836
  • 30 Mar '18
 SK.Edam

watching people fail at feinting is one of the most satisfying things in this world you could just take a step back at look at him/her with pity.

Knight 152 100
  • 31 Mar '18
 Lilboots

Being Australian and coming from a Chivalry community where feints were heavily frowned upon to moving to this game with a community who decided to play this game with all its abilities to beat an enemy.

Feints are completely fine, they are fairly easy to read, if that fails use foot work. or practice your chambers. In my opinion blocking is a last resort, if you chamber his attack, force a clash then feints will become harder to use.

They arent broken, sorry to say this, but you just need to get better, the skill cap in this game is insane and will take a long time to master.

Baron 1551 2087
  • 31 Mar '18
 yourcrippledson

@Lilboots said:
Being Australian and coming from a Chivalry community where feints were heavily frowned upon to moving to this game with a community who decided to play this game with all its abilities to beat an enemy.

Feints are completely fine, they are fairly easy to read, if that fails use foot work. or practice your chambers. In my opinion blocking is a last resort, if you chamber his attack, force a clash then feints will become harder to use.

They arent broken, sorry to say this, but you just need to get better, the skill cap in this game is insane and will take a long time to master.

Agreed. I can easily read feints reliably, except for combo and riposte feints with quick weapons.
I have like 200 hours.

18 16
  • 31 Mar '18
 Underainy

@yourcrippledson said:

@Lilboots said:

Agreed. I can easily read feints reliably, except for combo and riposte feints with quick weapons.
I have like 200 hours.

If you have 200 hours says how much life you got mate.

1430 2175

I have 133...Crippled and I are on the short end of the hours spectrum. Some have accrued thousands of hours.

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 31 Mar '18
 Sir Zombie

@Underainy said:

@yourcrippledson said:

@Lilboots said:

I have like 200 hours.

If you have 200 hours says how much life you got mate.

Sounding a bit insecure there m8
are you generally this bad at vidya

Count 331 1394
  • 31 Mar '18
 RingMaster

@Lilboots said:

Ah our bad we didn't know you are Australian pack it up bois discussion over /s

Knight 941 2569
  • 31 Mar '18
 Pred

@RingMaster said:
Ah our bad we didn't know you are Australian pack it up bois discussion over /s

There was barely any feinting in EU TO either tbh. Usually less than 5 people in a 32 player server, sometimes none.

Chiv feints were poorly implemented so it would be the best if we can say Mordhau feints are inherently different when noobs get immediately triggered after they hear about them being in the game. Being able to consistently chamber them will be very important to make feints mainstream.

Baron 1551 2087
  • 31 Mar '18
 yourcrippledson

I actually agree that the mechanics should be tweaked.

Currently you can feint out of animations and instantly parry when the characters animation is clearly indicating complete vulnerability.

It looks bad and is unsatisfying, offering me a situation, which in a realistuc game, would be the perfect time to strike, but in Mordhau you really can't reliably knock blocks off for poorly timed spams, instead it becomes another game of "feint, feint, riposte feint." that game is fun, BUT i want to be able to play the distance and timing game alongside it...

The ease of all feints and lack if attack commitment is encouraging an annoying spammy aggression. Aggressors having an advantage is one thing, but the spammy way you can aggress with total lack of real vulnerability whilst doing it isn't fun to me.

Lowering the skill ceiling for one component doesn't necessarily lower it for the whole game, it just has to be done for the right reasons. It can increase the potential for other mechanics and open doors to new techniques and methods of gameplay. Even raising the skill ceiling overall...

Knight 152 100
  • 8 Apr '18
 Lilboots

Its not a "feint out of the animations" its a defensive counter to an attack, and stamina wise an expensive one, Removing this will make little face hugging dagger gamble 99% of the time. and for someone to say its; in your words "feint, feint, riposte feint." Its more of a feint, action, morph, chamber, footwork, block etc etc game, so much more. don't limit your actions.

Being vulnerable while being aggressive, works both ways, being vulnerable while being defensive... I aint going to sugar coat it terms of skill in Australia im on the lower side of it compared the many others. i feel you are seriously limiting yourself to a set play style rather than adapting to each individual fight.

Baron 1551 2087

@Lilboots said:
Its not a "feint out of the animations" its a defensive counter to an attack, and stamina wise an expensive one, Removing this will make little face hugging dagger gamble 99% of the time. and for someone to say its; in your words "feint, feint, riposte feint." Its more of a feint, action, morph, chamber, footwork, block etc etc game, so much more. don't limit your actions.

Being vulnerable while being aggressive, works both ways, being vulnerable while being defensive... I aint going to sugar coat it terms of skill in Australia im on the lower side of it compared the many others. i feel you are seriously limiting yourself to a set play style rather than adapting to each individual fight.

Thanks but the entire point of focus to the statement you Quoted was the part you didn't bother to quote or address at all. It honestly appears as though you only read the first half of my first sentence before deciding to reply.

Read the rest. "when the characters animation is clearly indicating complete vulnerability." I am suggesting an increased recovery time or a smoother transition between phases to make it possible to punish badly missed swings like you can in real life, and how you intuitively should be able to. Not asking for the abolition of FTP LOL