Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Remove or redesign the binds system

301 875
  • 10 Mar '18
 Naleaus

@wierHL said:

@rob_owner said:
that setting where you can hold lmb and then move the mouse to input your attack direction is so much nicer than the raw 240, because i dont have to move to a direction, click, then move back. You can do tiny flickshots normally but the room for screwing up is massive, if you hold lmb during what you notice is a riposte windup anim, you can wait to see which direction it appears to be coming from, and then just move the camera at it by an ATOM to try and chamber.

Which setting are you talking about? I can't seem to find it.

Don't believe it has an actually UI option yet, it's m.AngleAttackAfterPress 1 or 0 in console.

Knight 4 2
  • 13 Mar '18
 Dirtytarget

Unfortunately the devs don't think this is a problem and are willing to accept the phase from 240 to binds. I personally really love the 240 systems for all of its strengths and weaknesses.

Knight 222 187
Mercenary 112 315
  • 14 Mar '18
 Racemate

@rob_owner said:
that setting where you can hold lmb and then move the mouse to input your attack direction is so much nicer than the raw 240, because i dont have to move to a direction, click, then move back. You can do tiny flickshots normally but the room for screwing up is massive, if you hold lmb during what you notice is a riposte windup anim, you can wait to see which direction it appears to be coming from, and then just move the camera at it by an ATOM to try and chamber...

I liked that setting too. If I'm not mistaken, Marox said it slowed down the fight. But if we already have the choice between 240 flick-click setting and binds one, why not to enable 240 click-flick one, if it's possible to have them all, and let players decide which one to use.