Mordhau

Kickstarter sword suggestion

Knight 154 452
  • 29 May '18
 Nautilus

@Jackass said:
Still though, what's the point of not being able to customize it?

We already have waaaay more unlreasitic stuff

The sword was a gift for backing the game and donating to the devs, it was not meant to be a customizable unique sword that you bought. Just like any good gift, Grator spent a lot of time and thought making it to honor the Mordhau donors.

I'd like to think that people who gave more than me did it mostly to help the devs, and not to get a sword. This thread makes me question that.

Duke 2264 3999
  • 29 May '18
 Huggles

@Nautilus said:

@Jackass said:
Still though, what's the point of not being able to customize it?

We already have waaaay more unlreasitic stuff

The sword was a gift for backing the game and donating to the devs, it was not meant to be a customizable unique sword that you bought. Just like any good gift, Grator spent a lot of time and thought making it to honor the Mordhau donors.

I'd like to think that people who gave more than me did it mostly to help the devs, and not to get a sword. This thread makes me question that.

Nah. Gifts are to incentive donation more than it is a "thank you" imho (though it is both) and there is nothing wrong with that. Donors get coolio shit and devs get money to make a game.

It's an honest transaction with a favorable result for all parties involved.

Mercenary 2165 3864
  • 29 May '18
 EruTheTeapot

I think people have found kuul Devz and are asking too much using their 'closeness'.

Baron 1551 2074
  • 30 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@EruTheTeapot said:
I think people have found kuul Devz and are asking too much using their 'closeness'.

I just saw that we had colour options on our weapons, and this weapon has a big patch of wasted potential, that's all.

it misled me, so I assume it misled others, which leads to disappointment, whether intentional or not.

Count 760 2927
  • 30 May '18
 EatAtRedLobster

I'll momentarily lay down my mask of semi-indifference and confess I wish the color was fully customizable. I feel that from a "public relations" perspective it is just plain common sense to accommodate this fairly innocuous request. Personally I would have made it fully customizable from the start, and would not have even considered offering a "one size fits all" kickstarter reward like the current longsword.

BUT...

I also realize Grator had his own personal reasons for resisting even the minor change we've been given... And I respect him for that. It shows integrity and that he has a genuine passion for his work.

He likely grit his teeth and met us in the middle on this issue, and I for one feel that we should reciprocate his compromise. Instead of lamenting what "little" we have, instead let's move forward and focus more on how we can positively impact the game in ways that matter far more than some minor customization options.

If this limited kickstarter reward has left you feeling empty you can always satisfy your need for variety at your local Red Lobster™

Baron 1551 2074
  • 30 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@EatAtRedLobster said:
I'll momentarily lay down my mask of semi-indifference and confess I wish the color was fully customizable. I feel that from a "public relations" perspective it is just plain common sense to accommodate this fairly innocuous request. Personally I would have made it fully customizable from the start, and would not have even considered offering a "one size fits all" kickstarter reward like the current longsword.

BUT...

I also realize Grator had his own personal reasons for resisting even the minor change we've been given... And I respect him for that. It shows integrity and that he has a genuine passion for his work.

He likely grit his teeth and met us in the middle on this issue, and I for one feel that we should reciprocate his compromise. Instead of lamenting what "little" we have, instead let's move forward and focus more on how we can positively impact the game in ways that matter far more than some minor customization options.

If this limited kickstarter reward has left you feeling empty you can always satisfy your need for variety at your local Red Lobster™

This comment is a work of art. ^

but fuck integrity. They made an amateur mistake and unintentionally misled their kickstarter peeps "hey look guys you can customize your weapons with different colours and shit, btw support us and get this cool sword! oh woow look at this colorful sword!" (-in fine print- this sword's colorful colours cannot be altered)

not mad, they ARE amateurs when it comes to marketing and promotion of their own game. Just make it right bitches. Grit your teeth harder if you have to

I bet almost everyone was surprised when they found you cannot alter the colour of the blade. At least give us a gradient of blues or something I donno.

Mercenary 2165 3864
  • 30 May '18
 EruTheTeapot

Feeling wishing for it to be customizable is something, bitching about it or disrespecting his work is something else imho.

After all he is the mofo designing the game for a reason, not need to bitch too hard on him. Its his judgement tbh

301 875
  • 30 May '18
 Naleaus

@yourcrippledson said:

@EatAtRedLobster said:

BUT...

This comment is a work of art. ^

but fuck integrity. They made an amateur mistake and unintentionally misled their kickstarter peeps "hey look guys you can customize your weapons with different colours and shit, btw support us and get this cool sword! oh woow look at this colorful sword!" (-in fine print- this sword's colorful colours cannot be altered)

not mad, they ARE amateurs when it comes to marketing and promotion of their own game. Just make it right bitches. Grit your teeth harder if you have to

I bet almost everyone was surprised when they found you cannot alter the colour of the blade. At least give us a gradient of blues or something I donno.

I looked back at the Kickstarter rewards, it says the grip color is customizable. Didn't mention the blade. Don't see how they misled anyone.

Baron 1551 2074
  • 30 May '18
 yourcrippledson

guys, can you grow a pair? If we all bitched as hard as I did, we would have a colourable sword by now.

301 875
  • 30 May '18
 Naleaus

@yourcrippledson said:
guys, can you grow a pair? If we all bitched as hard as I did, we would have a colourable sword by now.

I don't care about customizing it, and frankly your reaction would have the opposite effect for me at least. If they had promised a colorable blade, then sure, complain all you want. But they didn't, so grow up and stop bitching.

Mercenary 2165 3864
  • 30 May '18
 EruTheTeapot

@yourcrippledson said:

lmao, literal cancer behavior

Away with ye vile begger

Baron 1551 2074
  • 30 May '18
 yourcrippledson

This entire thread is literally just a big bitch

Baron 1590 5028
  • 30 May '18
 Lincs

@Naleaus said:

@yourcrippledson said:

I don't care about customizing it, and frankly your reaction would have the opposite effect for me at least. If they had promised a colorable blade, then sure, complain all you want. But they didn't, so grow up and stop bitching.

yeah this right here ^

it was never going to be customizable, and IMO it would look stupid if it was

grator went out of his way to appease you guys and darken the blade, so just leave it be

Baron 1551 2074
  • 30 May '18
 yourcrippledson

Some people liked it blue and made outfits to match it. What is the point of appeasing this thread full of bitches? it is just going to piss someone else off. We have truly accomplished nothing outside of pointlessly compromising Gators original intentions.

Duke 986 1381
  • 31 May '18
 PadanFain

But it's black doe mission accomplished ty Marox

Mercenary 2165 3864
  • 31 May '18
 EruTheTeapot

@yourcrippledson said:
Some people liked it blue and made outfits to match it. What is the point of appeasing this thread full of bitches? it is just going to piss someone else off. We have truly accomplished nothing outside of pointlessly compromising Gators original intentions.

You had potential tbh, since last couple weeks you gone on same level as analgrinder what the hecky man

Baron 1551 2074
  • 31 May '18
 yourcrippledson

@EruTheTeapot said:

@yourcrippledson said:

You had potential tbh, since last couple weeks you gone on same level as analgrinder what the hecky man

It's a combination of the stress of quitting "drugs" and my lack of interest in actually playing this game.

Knight 2585 6832
  • 1 Jun '18
 Rattsknecht

On a different note, golden teeth WEN

2360 4786
  • 1 Jun '18
 Maci

@Rattsknecht said:
On a different note, golden teeth WEN

Gonna be the first (and last) big content update after release