Mordhau

Would You Rather Thread

Baron 1095 2982
  • 16 Mar
 Lincs

@DerFurst said:

Would you rather...

italicised text star wars italicised text

The thing here is that you're free to stop enjoying and consuming the thing you like whenever you want.

So yeah, while I'm upset that Star Wars is getting milked harder than that fucking quadtitty space walrus on Ach-To or whatever, I can simply regard my old books and games as canon while taking what I like from the new and incorporating it. (Rogue One for example)

And even if I don't enjoy the new movies that much, or at all, I can still go out with some friends and enjoy the pretty lights and the work that went into them, and the fact that Star Wars has such a thriving community so long after the original trilogy's conclusion.

Option 1 is just option 2, but with additional features.

Knight 317 423
  • 16 Mar
 TwistedFox

@Lincs said:

The thing here is that you're free to stop enjoying and consuming the thing you like whenever you want.

So yeah, while I'm upset that Star Wars is getting milked harder than that fucking quadtitty space walrus on Ach-To or whatever, I can simply regard my old books and games as canon while taking what I like from the new and incorporating it. (Rogue One for example)

And even if I don't enjoy the new movies that much, or at all, I can still go out with some friends and enjoy the pretty lights and the work that went into them, and the fact that Star Wars has such a thriving community so long after the original trilogy's conclusion.

Option 1 is just option 2, but with additional features.

I think it can be quite hard to simply disregard something that happens in a story your really involved in. I haven't seen the new star wars or anything but I can see both sides. If you're too involved in a story it's not like you can just imagine it didn't happen, there's always that lingering thought.

Count 3921 8931
  • 2
  • 16 Mar
 DerFurst

@Lincs said:

@DerFurst said:

Would you rather...

italicised text star wars italicised text

The thing here is that you're free to stop enjoying and consuming the thing you like whenever you want.

So yeah, while I'm upset that Star Wars is getting milked harder than that fucking quadtitty space walrus on Ach-To or whatever, I can simply regard my old books and games as canon while taking what I like from the new and incorporating it. (Rogue One for example)

And even if I don't enjoy the new movies that much, or at all, I can still go out with some friends and enjoy the pretty lights and the work that went into them, and the fact that Star Wars has such a thriving community so long after the original trilogy's conclusion.

Option 1 is just option 2, but with additional features.

There's a catch that's important to note.

While you may have the mental ability to disregard new things and remember the old, new generations do not, and they'll be suckers for believing the current degenerated version of the media is best version and as good as it's ever been. Through generational replacement people will systematically forget the good that existed in the past, and the quality of each subsequent generation will deteriorate more and more. You'll be left saddened by the realization that what you once enjoyed is now little more than satanic magic animating a dead corpse to degrade its own image.

On the other hand, if something ends before it has a chance to degenerate, each subsequent generation will have the chance to view what it was in its ideal state for all time, and it is far more difficult to re-write the stories to be something terrible when the genuine articles still exist. The aggregate will have an easier chance to experience the good. Unfortunately, as it has ended, it will continue to show its age, and may eventually be forgotten anyway - a problem it wouldn't have were it to be continued.

It's a tough choice for a reason

2402 3711
  • 16 Mar
 SIEGE

people can recognize that their shit is shit tbh
Like have you seen how much movie critics worship old movies dude it’s like they’re fucking holy when in reality they’re fucking mediocre at best
People always overrate old shit cause it’s old, with old shit it’s always completely disregard it or fucking worship it, they never give it what it really deserves

Knight 2712 3489

@DerFurst said:

@Lincs said:

@DerFurst said:

Would you rather...

italicised text star wars italicised text

The thing here is that you're free to stop enjoying and consuming the thing you like whenever you want.

So yeah, while I'm upset that Star Wars is getting milked harder than that fucking quadtitty space walrus on Ach-To or whatever, I can simply regard my old books and games as canon while taking what I like from the new and incorporating it. (Rogue One for example)

And even if I don't enjoy the new movies that much, or at all, I can still go out with some friends and enjoy the pretty lights and the work that went into them, and the fact that Star Wars has such a thriving community so long after the original trilogy's conclusion.

Option 1 is just option 2, but with additional features.

There's a catch that's important to note.

While you may have the mental ability to disregard new things and remember the old, new generations do not, and they'll be suckers for believing the current degenerated version of the media is best version and as good as it's ever been. Through generational replacement people will systematically forget the good that existed in the past, and the quality of each subsequent generation will deteriorate more and more. You'll be left saddened by the realization that what you once enjoyed is now little more than satanic magic animating a dead corpse to degrade its own image.

On the other hand, if something ends before it has a chance to degenerate, each subsequent generation will have the chance to view what it was in its ideal state for all time, and it is far more difficult to re-write the stories to be something terrible when the genuine articles still exist. The aggregate will have an easier chance to experience the good. Unfortunately, as it has ended, it will continue to show its age, and may eventually be forgotten anyway - a problem it wouldn't have were it to be continued.

It's a tough choice for a reason

or you could stop being so anal about those older movies and watch black mirror or something

Baron 569 921
  • 17 Mar
 lash

I just realized... Monkeytoes tricked us... AGAIN!

Not only he's actually monkeymouths but this entire thread is actually slightly changed two button meme

OUT-RAGEOUS

Knight 2712 3489
Knight 1620 3811
  • 10 Apr
 Survii
Would you rather
Knight 317 423
  • 10 Apr
 TwistedFox

@Survii said:

Would you rather

I don't have to do either anyway

Knight 1292 1652
Would you rather
Knight 2413 5134
  • 10 Apr
 Punzybobo

The second one is already me

Sellsword 4153 4480

i know we are strangers punzy, but i offer you my friendship if you ever need it
Don't feel alone buddy, it's awfull.

Knight 2712 3489
  • 11 Apr
 Monkeytoes

@Trevz TheCuz said:

Would you rather

i dont understand
does that poll mean something or is just a meemee

Knight 1292 1652
Count 3921 8931
  • 11 Apr
 DerFurst
IS IT BETTER TO
Knight 2413 5134
  • 12 Apr
 Punzybobo

how do you rule in hell if you're on fire and satan is on fire and everyone else is on fire

Count 3921 8931
  • 12 Apr
 DerFurst

@Punzybobo said:
how do you rule in hell if you're on fire and satan is on fire and everyone else is on fire

bruh not everything is on fire

DVinfernoLuciferKingOfHell_m

Knight 317 423
  • 12 Apr
 TwistedFox

@DerFurst said:
[poll name=1]

IS IT BETTER TO

  1. RULE IN HELL
  2. SERVE IN HEAVEN
    [/poll]

why would anyone serve in heaven? its full of patronising ugly naked babies.

Knight 1620 3811
  • 12 Apr
 Survii

Hell is very interesting imho, there is some very strange lore around it.

1cf8887086dce1211f78ec414ab8f726.jpg

Look at this:

https://horrorpedia.com/2014/01/03/the-hierarchy-of-hell-whos-who-in-satans-underworld-article/

Types of demons and their ranks, the amount of lesser demons they command etc. Very interesting imho. Although they still have a very dominant class structure so I guess Vanguard wouldn't be happy.

Count 3427 6357

@DerFurst said:

@Punzybobo said:
how do you rule in hell if you're on fire and satan is on fire and everyone else is on fire

bruh not everything is on fire

DVinfernoLuciferKingOfHell_m

classic Gustave doré memes