Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

RAW DATA ON DAMAGE VALUES OF ALL WEAPONS FOR BUILD 13

Knight 196 414

Hey fuckers. Prince here. Just did you all a nice fat favor with the help of Ziggylata, Havoc, and most importantly my own brother, THE JACKAL.

We made a spread sheet of all the damage values of all the weapons. What does this mean?

Well, now if you're curious about how much damage the stab of the alt grip of battleaxe does on light chest, you can find it here! You can find EVERYTHING here. This took fucking hours to make, so I hope you all show a little bit of appreciation. No big deal though, I'm humble. ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dURrn4zV5lTPXOXTtODq7rF9PCkIXODA7PGMUC-XTA8/edit#gid=641048276

We also color-coded the shit out of this. Red = 1HTK, Yellow = 2HTK, Green = 3HTK

Note: It's not complete. If we want to have an educated, public discussion about balance on these forums, we're going to pretty much just be talking out of our asses until we can finish the spreadsheet.

Currently, it's missing...

-Windup Time
-Release Time
-Range
-Turn cap?

Am I missing anything else here? If someone can tell me how to record range/speed of weapons, I'll get right on working on that. I feel like if we have all the raw data on weapons, we can have a more educated debate about how to balance everything. (even though that's not even our jobs and we'd probably just be OVERSTEPPIN)

Knight 941 2569
  • 9 Feb '18
 Pred

Wait a minute, isn't the next patch supposed to change damage on many weapons?

Knight 196 414

Well, then I'll just adjust the values on the spreadsheet. I ain't a bitch.

Knight 941 2569
  • 9 Feb '18
 Pred

Cool, good to finally have this information, just hope you didn't waste too much time before a (hopefully) major change which is (hopefully) going to further differentiate damage between loadouts in (hopefully) the next few days.

Knight 1 5
  • 9 Feb '18
 The Jackal

Getting all the data was tedious, but was worth the result!

Baron 7 25

Thanks for this! Also if you're looking for additional information to add you could also put in feint stamina costs and morph stamina costs (strike->stab, stab->strike)

Knight 196 414

@Non Printing Printer said:
Thanks for this! Also if you're looking for additional information to add you could also put in feint stamina costs and morph stamina costs (strike->stab, stab->strike)

I'll get to work on it right away. :)

Baron 50 64
  • 9 Feb '18
 A.L.I.E.N

@Prince Oberyn Martell said:
Hey fuckers. Prince here. Just did you all a nice fat favor with the help of Ziggylata, Havoc, and most importantly my own brother, THE JACKAL.

We made a spread sheet of all the damage values of all the weapons. What does this mean?

Well, now if you're curious about how much damage the stab of the alt grip of battleaxe does on light chest, you can find it here! You can find EVERYTHING here. This took fucking hours to make, so I hope you all show a little bit of appreciation. No big deal though, I'm humble. ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dURrn4zV5lTPXOXTtODq7rF9PCkIXODA7PGMUC-XTA8/edit#gid=641048276

We also color-coded the shit out of this. Red = 1HTK, Yellow = 2HTK, Green = 3HTK

Note: It's not complete. If we want to have an educated, public discussion about balance on these forums, we're going to pretty much just be talking out of our asses until we can finish the spreadsheet.

-Windup Time
-Release Time
-Range
-Turn cap?

Am I missing anything else here? If someone can tell me how to record range/speed of weapons, I'll get right on working on that. I feel like if we have all the raw data on weapons, we can have a more educated debate about how to balance everything. (even though that's not even our jobs and we'd probably just be OVERSTEPPIN)

I bet getting all of this data was a real head smasher.

Knight 573 1165
  • 9 Feb '18
 JoBe

I very much appreciate all the work you did for this. Thanks for adding the arming sword.

Knight 5410 7408
  • 9 Feb '18
 Humble Staff

Dayum, amazing Job Oberyn and company. Must have been quite the effort.
Also, i'm not trying to take this anywhere but quarterstaff's swings are more harmfull in the alternate center grip than the main one, wut lol.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 9 Feb '18
 vanguard

Hey man you did the community a great favor, truly a hero of the proletariat imho

80 31
  • 9 Feb '18
 Xanatelos

Wow was this your idea prince?

Knight 706 1084
  • 9 Feb '18
 VampireDuck

Great work tbh. But I was just thinking surely the devs have all this info easily available, couldn't we ask them for it?

Mercenary 225 567
  • 9 Feb '18
 Izıl

@Prince Oberyn Martell said:

-Windup Time
-Release Time
-Range
-Turn cap?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Knight 1837 2232
  • 9 Feb '18
 Void

Good job boys. We really appreciate it.

Knight 281 726
  • 9 Feb '18
 Iodine

holy shit, you absolute god

Duke 986 1381
  • 10 Feb '18
 PadanFain

Meh ive seen better

Knight 41 35
  • 10 Feb '18
 Fürst von Butz

Well done and thank you.

One thing I saw on first glance is greatsword alt grip stab damage being higher than regular grip. Alt grip has lower reach okay, but it is super fast and has less miss cost etc.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 10 Feb '18
 Bodkin

Will never understand how the zweihander deals more damage than the halberd tbh

1430 2176

@AntoniusvanDyk said:
Well done and thank you.

One thing I saw on first glance is greatsword alt grip stab damage being higher than regular grip. Alt grip has lower reach okay, but it is super fast and has less miss cost etc.

You get far more thrust power and speed with alt grip (called halfswording.) It makes sense it would cost less miss stamina than swinging the full weight of the sword around from the bottom. My dad was watching something while I walked by talking about how greatswords were often blunted except for the tip and were used more like spears. This is especcially true for the Zwei, which is why it has a second grip above the first.