Mordhau

Categories Languages

4 2
  • 6 Feb '18
 LapantinoPT

I suggest creating sections for several languages, Portuguese, Spanish, French etc both here in the forum and in discord because I think it would make the new players feel integrated ;)

• 6 Feb '18
 Maci
This comment was deleted.
Knight 650 994
  • 6 Feb '18
 VampireDuck

idk, if you speak english I feel like it would be best for you to contribute to the english discussion instead of splitting players by language causing them to get no input from the other language speakers. If that makes sense

I say this because english is obviously the most spoken language here

Mercenary 2187 3899
  • 7 Feb '18
 EruTheTeapot

Splitting to other languages could be a thing BUT it requires a huge player base for player base to be not split to death

• 16 Feb '18
 ThunderDuck
This comment was deleted.
Baron 1601 5082
  • 22 Feb '18
 Lincs

In any case, splitting languages is a feature best left to a certain type of game, and Mordhau is not that type of game.

On MMOs, where servers can maintain thousands of people at once, having dedicated Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese, etc. servers is handy. In fast-paced matchmaking games like Counterstrike, TF2, R6, and now Mordhau, the different languages would tend to bleed into the same servers and cause confusion.

Like the others have said, it would only work with a very large playerbase, and also with a very organized server-hosting community.

Baron 578 965
  • 27 Feb '18
 lash

@Lincs said:

He said discord and forum, not game though.

If mordhau gets big, it would surely be good to allow people to post - and recieve feedback - in their native language.

1 0

@LapantinoPT said:
I suggest creating sections for several languages, Portuguese, Spanish, French etc both here in the forum and in discord because I think it would make the new players feel integrated ;)

No, just make a whole new discord for people that don't speak English, nobody wants some random french speaking gibberish in hope of finding someone that can communicate with him/her.

Mercenary 1855 6979
  • 9 Apr '18
 ThunderDuck

or just learn to speak english lmoa

Mercenary 2547 4561
  • 10 Apr '18
 SIEGE

‏‏لقطة الشاشة (41).png
who are you going to segregate though

Knight 3147 4342
  • 10 May '18
 MONKEYTOES