Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Distinguishing Between Drags and Accels

Count 4205 9821
  • 6 Feb '18
 DerFurst

These conversations aren't productive when they become about pride and making the other person feel bad about themselves

Knight 196 414

@Havoc said:

@Prince Oberyn Martell said:

@Havoc said:

@Stouty said:
A low iq response proving my point to the letter, thank you and goodnight everybody

GIRUGIRU is the cancer rotting mordhau from the inside out. His ego is blinding him from accepting any issues other have, unless he personally has an issue, it's a L2P issue obviously.

Should've been in the discord discussion that had like 10 people in it. Was a good talk. GIRU and others made many excellent points.

Can't tell if serious or not....

Also I'm banned from the mordhau discord because crushed is a good mod.

Serious.

3234 4264
  • 6 Feb '18
 Havoc

@Havoc said:

@Havoc said:

@Stouty said:
A low iq response proving my point to the letter, thank you and goodnight everybody

GIRUGIRU is the cancer rotting mordhau from the inside out. His ego is blinding him from accepting any issues other have, unless he personally has an issue, it's a L2P issue obviously.

Should've been in the discord discussion that had like 10 people in it. Was a good talk. GIRU and others made many excellent points.

Serious.

Can you give me a summary?

Knight 196 414

@Havoc said:

@Havoc said:

@Havoc said:

@Stouty said:

Serious.

Can you give me a summary?

I'm sorry this is classified information.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 6 Feb '18
 vanguard

Why you do this

Duke 5559 13285
  • 6 Feb '18
 Jax — Community Manager

i will edit and post the voice loggo
soon™ tbh

Knight 222 187
  • 6 Feb '18
 REKTKWONDO

@Snowy said:
you realise that you're not meant to chamber every attack?

Ofc you are at high level. It's the high level parry.

But yeah mate you are just bad at reading Fast/Delay, and you should always feint to parry, when the opponent drag goes over your chamber parry windows

Knight 240 388
  • 6 Feb '18
 NitroSperg6K

You were banned because you spammed like an autist. Furthermore I think its quite amusing how youre bitching about giru as if he hasn't made multiple points without shittalking. Regardless shittas always gonna try and find elitist xDDD to blame.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 6 Feb '18
 Stouty

giru salt.png

Not sure if you've noticed but you're the one that drags my name everywhere online, I only ever respond to btfo the misinformation you spread. Fact is you agreed with me all call and kept your shittalk behind my back, bitch move that in no way surprises me

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 6 Feb '18
 vanguard

Hey I'm all for being educated, pls, enlighten us devs or Giru

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 6 Feb '18
 EruTheTeapot

I would really love some Dev opinion on the matter but something tells me that we will not get it... sadly

Count 4205 9821
  • 6 Feb '18
 DerFurst

Here is the cycle:

1: someone discusses problems or has an idea with massive potential to impact the game
2: everything is initially fine and people give their feedback
3: Giru notices that important stuff is being talked about that could change the game, so he hops in the thread to give his own opinion, usually civil at first
4: people disagree with Giru and try to explain themselves
5: Giru calls people who disagrees with him bad players and bad people, then shifts the topic away from the original purpose and makes it a personal fight between egos
6: New forum accounts either pop up out of nowhere or hardly used accounts become activated to shit on the people who are arguing against Giru and to like all of Giru's posts
7: the entire thread completely fucks up and nobody is focused on the original point anymore; it's devolved into pure stupidity
8: the thread ends itself or is closed
0: wait a few more weeks and it happens again somewhere else

Please stop doing this. Forget your egos at the door and just discuss things like humans and not apes.

Knight 86 133
  • 6 Feb '18
 Raegarth

Then this is my contribution. Beyond this line we will only talk about the original topic

Knight 196 414

No, no, no, no, NO!

Beyond THIS LINE, we will only topic about the original talk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FUCK-------------------------------

Duke 356 384
  • 7 Feb '18
 AFluffyKnight

ITT
Animations need work.
Drags are really effective on people who stand still.
Chambering is hard.
People demanding the game cater to their skillsets and no one else's.

Knight 25 47
  • 7 Feb '18
 SerJimmy

There is not much point in discussing this topic guys before the animation patch, but my opinion is that: -Drags should not be consistently chamberable without footwork,because otherwise it would be too easy to chamber with footwork and make teamfights have no initiative. - However, that doesnt mean things should stay as they are. Parrying is too easy, chambers are too hard right now and the parry box being smaller would be a problem for new players. So , i would suggest that, after fixing animations, the full dragging % is returned and at the same time increasing chamber window. Increasing chamber window and at the same time fixing animations would make micro drags be more consistently chamberable.Then, bigger drags that use the last 5% of release would not be consistently chamberable and take the place of micro drags. -With this , newer players would still have the options to: 1) chamber drags coming from other newer players 2)chamber micro drags from more experienced players 3) parry with small consistency bigger drags from more experienced players. A big part of this problem that i did not take into account is morphing, which can be pretty cheesy right now , especially late riposte morphs...
edit: Accelerated strikes should not at any case instantly hit as much as they do right now and should be fixed.

Knight 25 47
  • 7 Feb '18
 SerJimmy

Also, in regards to the fighting between Giru, Stouty and others... Both Giru and Stouty made good points but i believe that in trying to defend their opinion they became biased towards each other:
-Stouty disagrees with accels instantly hitting right now and believes that drags should be consistently chamberable.
-GIru thinks that chambering drags without footwork should not be consistent.
-The solution lies inbetween tbh, since making animations extend more and be more readable would in fact allow you to chamber consistently with accurate micro-movements that dont handicap you in teamfights,which is not possible right now. Also, having a clearer distinction between early release and start of release and maybe a tiny hit-tracer reduction at the start of release would probably solve the instant hitting abuse.

Knight 25 47
  • 7 Feb '18
 SerJimmy

@AFluffyKnight said:
People demanding the game cater to their skillsets and no one else's.
Very true that...

Knight 222 187
  • 7 Feb '18
 REKTKWONDO

@Stouty said:
giru salt.png

Not sure if you've noticed but you're the one that drags my name everywhere online, I only ever respond to btfo the misinformation you spread. Fact is you agreed with me all call and kept your shittalk behind my back, bitch move that in no way surprises me

Damn did giru put a picture of boobs with his name on it just as we did like 10 years ago when we were 13 YO ?

Mercenary 1263 2303

@REKTKWONDO said:

@Stouty said:
giru salt.png

Damn did giru put a picture of boobs with his name on it just as we did like 10 years ago when we were 13 YO ?

You gotta cater to your audience.