Havoc

@DerFurst said:
I feel like I predicted this about a week ago

I feel like I predicted this about a months ago

Knight 292 904
  • 5 Feb '18
 GIRUGIRU

@RingMaster said:
It seems the prerequisite to be able to simply read drags and accels is to have a literal season's worth hours in Chiv and/or have completely no-lifed Mordhau since alpha released.

Not intending to be mean but some of you Mordhau gods need to realise that not everyone can sink as much time in it as you, of course the person who plays more is going to be better than the casual player (which is the way it should be, obviously) but it shouldn't be to the point that casuals are required to completely no life this game just to be able to read drags and accels, that's retarded. I've put in a generous 200 hours in this game (bare in mind i never played Chiv) and i still can't fathom reading drags and accels, of course i could just be shit but going by everyone elses concerns in the community i don't think that's the case.

i personally might regret saying this, but i think it would actually be better for the game to have a lower skill ceiling and a hell of a lot smoother learning curve IF it meant that drags and accels became more of an accesible part of the game, i wished we could have a maximised skill ceiling AND accesible drags but i don't think that's possible.

It's no coincidence that the people defending the current drags and are arguing "git gud" are the gods in this game, of course you guys are going to say that and i get it, you've knuckled down and done it and you think everyone else should too. The thought of having the time you put in to get good at the game to then be diminished by players who haven't (can't) is lame.

But going back to what i previously said, we all don't have that kind of time, and if it were just the case of players who play more will beat players who play less then there wouldn't be an issue, but it's the fact that if you don't no life this game and/or have a shitload of hours in Chiv, you're locked out of (arguably) the most powerful thing in the game, which is reading drags/accels.

One final thing, i think it'd be helpful to remind everyone that the vast majority of us are fighting on the same side, the side of wanting this game to be the best it can be and to live as long as possible.

dota 2, csgo, pubg, any game wouldnt be fun if you had to play against people at a higher skill than you from the beginning. When i started chiv i had to put in about 2.5k hours before i could consistently hit even KD in comp play

release and matchmaking will fix this, and most top tier players dont really want to spend hours each day crunching noobs and being TKd by them, it's not fun for us either

3234 4264
  • 5 Feb '18
 Havoc

@GIRUGIRU said:

@RingMaster said:
It seems the prerequisite to be able to simply read drags and accels is to have a literal season's worth hours in Chiv and/or have completely no-lifed Mordhau since alpha released.

Not intending to be mean but some of you Mordhau gods need to realise that not everyone can sink as much time in it as you, of course the person who plays more is going to be better than the casual player (which is the way it should be, obviously) but it shouldn't be to the point that casuals are required to completely no life this game just to be able to read drags and accels, that's retarded. I've put in a generous 200 hours in this game (bare in mind i never played Chiv) and i still can't fathom reading drags and accels, of course i could just be shit but going by everyone elses concerns in the community i don't think that's the case.

i personally might regret saying this, but i think it would actually be better for the game to have a lower skill ceiling and a hell of a lot smoother learning curve IF it meant that drags and accels became more of an accesible part of the game, i wished we could have a maximised skill ceiling AND accesible drags but i don't think that's possible.

It's no coincidence that the people defending the current drags and are arguing "git gud" are the gods in this game, of course you guys are going to say that and i get it, you've knuckled down and done it and you think everyone else should too. The thought of having the time you put in to get good at the game to then be diminished by players who haven't (can't) is lame.

But going back to what i previously said, we all don't have that kind of time, and if it were just the case of players who play more will beat players who play less then there wouldn't be an issue, but it's the fact that if you don't no life this game and/or have a shitload of hours in Chiv, you're locked out of (arguably) the most powerful thing in the game, which is reading drags/accels.

One final thing, i think it'd be helpful to remind everyone that the vast majority of us are fighting on the same side, the side of wanting this game to be the best it can be and to live as long as possible.

dota 2, csgo, pubg, any game wouldnt be fun if you had to play against people at a higher skill than you from the beginning. When i started chiv i had to put in about 2.5k hours before i could consistently hit even KD in comp play

release and matchmaking will fix this, and most top tier players dont really want to spend hours each day crunching noobs and being TKd by them, it's not fun for us either

Yet there are players at and above your skill level pointing out these issues as well....

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 5 Feb '18
 vanguard

@GIRUGIRU said:
if you want to hop in a VC about it then join my discord or message me on the mordhau one, it's too complex of a discussion to be held on shitty forums

We discuss even capitalism, communism and god on this forum comrade, I don't think this is such a complex subject. We can deal with it man.

Besides, here is a good place because everyone can see the discussion.

Knight 292 904
  • 5 Feb '18
 GIRUGIRU

go in the mordhau discord

Knight 26 83
  • 5 Feb '18
 GucciLoafers

Guys, the problem is solved, I'm just never going to chamber again! FUN GAME!

Duchess 806 3550
  • 5 Feb '18
 Stouty

@GIRUGIRU said:
Boner plays on high ping, wizardish admits that he tries to chamber too much, stouty is one of the worst people to talk about balance with coz he has no idea, gauntlet idk don't really see him play

On the contrary Giru, you are absolutely GARBAGE at discussing balance. Your arguments frequently boil down to "X player beat me, this shouldn't happen due to my unsubstantiated belief that I'm the best player in the game thus Y needs nerfing". Often grandiose trumpesque stories are peddled of your discussions with high regarded players that haven't called you out on your ego "Believe me I've spent hours in discord with wizardish and boner purely regarding balance and brought some of the devs in for discussions" - lmao it's like you pulled it off his twitter. Then you'll try and move the debate into discord where it's you and ten yesmen agreeing over how hard balancing is, sprinkled with a healthy amount of trashtalk whilst also getting sidetracked with some pointless feature creeps e.g. add in a dubaxe that has longsword animations (still scratching my head over that one, what about fixing the core game?)

I haven't really put much effort into this current discussion but as a standard I believe chambers should be consistent even at close range otherwise it will be a 50/50 which I know you hate. The whole thing is reminiscent of people testing whether SOW's were readable at facehug and obviously that was a problem in chiv so likewise the chamber consistency is an issue here

Knight 292 904
  • 5 Feb '18
 GIRUGIRU

@Stouty said:

@GIRUGIRU said:
Boner plays on high ping, wizardish admits that he tries to chamber too much, stouty is one of the worst people to talk about balance with coz he has no idea, gauntlet idk don't really see him play

On the contrary Giru, you are absolutely GARBAGE at discussing balance. Your arguments frequently boil down to "X player beat me, this shouldn't happen due to my unsubstantiated belief that I'm the best player in the game thus Y needs nerfing". Often grandiose trumpesque stories are peddled of your discussions with high regarded players that haven't called you out on your ego "Believe me I've spent hours in discord with wizardish and boner purely regarding balance and brought some of the devs in for discussions" - lmao it's like you pulled it off his twitter. Then you'll try and move the debate into discord where it's you and ten yesmen agreeing over how hard balance, sprinkled with a healthy amount of trashtalk whilst also getting sidetracked with some pointless feature creeps e.g. add in a dubaxe that has longsword animations (still scratching my head over that one, what about fixing the core game?)

I haven't really put much effort into this current discussion but as a standard I believe chambers should be consistent even at close range otherwise it will be a 50/50 which I know you hate. The whole thing is reminiscent of people testing whether SOW's were readable at facehug and obviously that was a problem in chiv so likewise the chamber consistency is an issue here

lmao mad coz u didnt know what feint recovery was despite arguing against it for months, embarassed urself on stream infront of all ppl involved with balance

Duchess 806 3550
  • 5 Feb '18
 Stouty

A low iq response proving my point to the letter, thank you and goodnight everybody

Knight 86 133
  • 5 Feb '18
 Raegarth

Drags are fine
Accels are fine

I simply regret that you can turn a drag into an accel or an accel into a drag.

Attacks should be readable at the windup (« looking upward = that must be a drag ! » Looking downward = that must going to be an accel »). On this point it should be like chiv : « oh you looked downward it’s going to be an accel. Guy windups his attack and finally looks upward and drags - gg wp. »

Mercenary 1263 2304

The cancer in this community is off the charts

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 5 Feb '18
 vanguard

@GIRUGIRU said:
my disc isnt scary, nobody here will bite

edit https://gyazo.com/7e1d3f8a5d798b09d33e69eece56a755 good talk boys

What would make the game garbage? Care to post the context of the conversation and what was asked?

Knight 292 904
  • 5 Feb '18
 GIRUGIRU

@vanguard said:

@GIRUGIRU said:
my disc isnt scary, nobody here will bite

edit https://gyazo.com/7e1d3f8a5d798b09d33e69eece56a755 good talk boys

What would make the game garbage? Care to post the context of the conversation and what was asked?

These discussions happen all the time in there so nothing new, but Jax kindly recorded it so pester him for it

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 6 Feb '18
 vanguard

Jaxons pls, do us all favor yes, what was the context of the screenshot that Giru posted? This is fucking funny tbh

Knight 292 904
  • 6 Feb '18
 GIRUGIRU

@vanguard said:
Jaxons pls, do us all favor yes, what was the context of the screenshot that Giru posted? This is fucking funny tbh

pretty sure it was regarding someones suggestion for a battle-axe nerf being damage reduction

3234 4264
  • 6 Feb '18
 Havoc

@Stouty said:
A low iq response proving my point to the letter, thank you and goodnight everybody

GIRUGIRU is the cancer rotting mordhau from the inside out. His ego is blinding him from accepting any issues other have, unless he personally has an issue, it's a L2P issue obviously.

Knight 196 414

@Havoc said:

@Stouty said:

GIRUGIRU is the cancer rotting mordhau from the inside out. His ego is blinding him from accepting any issues other have, unless he personally has an issue, it's a L2P issue obviously.

Should've been in the discord discussion that had like 10 people in it. Was a good talk. GIRU and others made many excellent points.

3234 4264
  • 6 Feb '18
 Havoc

@Prince Oberyn Martell said:

@Havoc said:

@Stouty said:

Should've been in the discord discussion that had like 10 people in it. Was a good talk. GIRU and others made many excellent points.

Can't tell if serious or not....

Also I'm banned from the mordhau discord because crushed is a good mod.