Mordhau

240 System vs Keybinds

Knight 2306 4188
  • 2 Apr '19
 Runagate

Even chambers are in the end easier with binds. You don't have to move the mouse at all to chamber with them

Knight 103 267
  • 2 Apr '19
 GAYFISH

@Christian2222 said:
People are nuts =D How is remembering 8 different attack buttons easier than just picking my attack direction via a mouse twitch? You CMW players. I'd like to see some MNB players put in their 2 cents. I'm sure it is nice to have a few specific attacks keybinded, like direct overhead, etc. Not sure why we are discussing one or the other when you can make good use of both. It is also probably way easier to chamber with 240.

The fact that you think 240 would be easier to chamber with shows that you've never even played the game.
So why are you throwing out downright stupid suggestions when you have no idea how the game even plays?

Also calling people CMW players because you're too low IQ to come up with a rebuttal to your awful suggestions while simultaneously having never played Mordhau yourself is truly next level down syndrome.

Knight 77 162
  • 2 Apr '19
 ArmedSpartan

@Stouty said:
Using both is the optimal loadout, binds for overheads and directional for everything else

This is the exact way I play. and it works perfectly fine imo.

Just removing 240 is counterintuitive, because not every single person coming to play Mordhau has played, or had experience with Chivalry Like me.

Knight 2306 4188
  • 3 Apr '19
 Runagate

Having 6 angles wouldn't mean no mouse flick controls.

1088 6148
  • 3 Apr '19
 crushed — Art

@ArmedSpartan said:
Just removing 240 is counterintuitive, because not every single person coming to play Mordhau has played, or had experience with Chivalry Like me.

240 will not be removed. In the future we might have easier ways to switch the controls but that's about it.

530 282
  • 4 Apr '19
 Christian2222

Glad the devs are not as insane as the community.

201 403
  • 4 Apr '19
 serbish

i dont think most normal people care about "1 millesecond optimal control schemes" and stuff like that, the 240 system does them more good than harm. and using both systems is the smart thing to do anyway, doesnt matter which one you learn first

530 282
  • 5 Apr '19
 Christian2222

@SherbershLemel said:
i dont think most normal people care about "1 millesecond optimal control schemes" and stuff like that, the 240 system does them more good than harm. and using both systems is the smart thing to do anyway, doesnt matter which one you learn first

Stop..... you aren't supposed to have a voice of reason!

Mercenary 179 614
  • 5 Apr '19
 Stauxie

The split second micro movements barely make a difference high level. I use full 240 and I don't see myself leagues below the top players who use binds. Binds are inherently better because of consistency and less input overall even though its barely anything. I wouldn't enjoy having 1k hours of learning the system just for it to be removed.

Duke 5550 13280
  • 7 Apr '19
 Jax — Community Manager

what stauxie said, if you get used to it the difference between binds/240 is negligible and you're more likely to die due to a misplay not regarding 240, like not reading a feint or smth

2428 4936
  • 8 Apr '19
 Maci

@Jax said:
what stauxie said, if you get used to it the difference between binds/240 is negligible and you're more likely to die due to a misplay not regarding 240, like not reading a feint or smth

bullshit
240 is literally cancer. 20 hours after switching I did better with binds than I did with the 240 system for 300 hours

Duke 5550 13280
  • 9 Apr '19
 Jax — Community Manager

didn't get good then lmao
to be fair tho 240 does take way longer to get proficient with but once you're comfortable with it, my point stands

530 282
  • 9 Apr '19
 Christian2222

@Maci said:

@Jax said:

bullshit
240 is literally cancer. 20 hours after switching I did better with binds than I did with the 240 system for 300 hours

Just out of curiosity would it by chance have anything to do with the fact that you have 300+ hours on CMW ?

Knight 697 1611
  • 9 Apr '19
 das

@Jax said:
didn't get good then lmao

tbh explains most "how u feint beat my chamber" instances too, and then when u try to explain any further, they say "no wrong"

Knight 2306 4188
  • 9 Apr '19
 Runagate

@Christian2222 said:

@Maci said:

@Jax said:

bullshit

Just out of curiosity would it by chance have anything to do with the fact that you have 300+ hours on CMW ?

Although it obviously varies greatly from player to player, I had a similar experience of getting better pretty fast when I switched to binds. And I have never played Chivalry.

530 282
  • 9 Apr '19
 Christian2222

And what are you guys playing on? Do you have a multi button mouse?
I've often wondered why more people don't use foot pedals or something.
I'd like a video of your hands while you play, like those Starcraft players.

Knight 2306 4188
  • 9 Apr '19
 Runagate

You need 5 buttons bound. Slash, Overhead, Underhand, Stab and something to switch the side. 4 on the mouse. You don't need any extra buttons: lmb for Slash, down scroll for Overhead, mmb for Underhand and scroll up for Stab. Alt for switching attack side. This is just an example though.

You don't even need alt if you use mouse movement to choose attack side. That is an option too, and still far better than full 240. It's what I use anyway.

2428 4936
  • 9 Apr '19
 Maci

Yup, LMB slash, mousewheel stab and overhead, thumb button underhand, space for mirroring attack side, alt to jump.

@Christian2222 said:
And what are you guys playing on? Do you have a multi button mouse?
I've often wondered why more people don't use foot pedals or something.
I'd like a video of your hands while you play, like those Starcraft players.

Lmao foot pedals
the delay would be too much to be of any use
I have a G502

Duke 986 1381
  • 9 Apr '19
 PadanFain

Nah theres a guy in NA who uses footpedals and hes a god

2428 4936
  • 9 Apr '19
 Maci

@PadanFain said:
Nah theres a guy in NA who uses footpedals and hes a god