Mordhau

240 System vs Keybinds

42 53
  • 1 Feb '18
 Sverth

What the point of using 240 system over keybinds ?

Keybinds are far more reliable & attack faster because you don't have to choose direction before attacking even if it's just a millisecond sometime that count too.
If you want to riposte its almost never the attack direction you wanted.
Keybinds let you spin to the left fast while swinging from the right (240 system cant really do it well) etc

I think one of them should get removed either keybinds or 240 system
What the point of making players play one system and get used to it only to realize its inherently worse in every single way without a single advantage. Its kind of strange the game was built around the 240 system but its just not worth using

Conscript 144 317
  • 1 Feb '18
 NikolaiLudovik

I want to see you against my 100000000 DPI mouse and decide who is faster!
But since I can't play Mordhau right now, we can fight in Roblox!

42 53
  • 1 Feb '18
 Sverth

@NikolaiLudovik said:

There is nothing to see or prove its simply a fact
The 240 system take 2 steps to perform an action while keybinds take 1 action
To attack from left down you have to move your mouse to that angel and then press LMB
while I can just press a button that I assigned to that angel and skip the first step

Count 671 1128
  • 1 Feb '18
 Zexis

freedom of choice

Duke 332 920
  • 1 Feb '18
 Ruby Rhoderick

Keybinds are more than likely superior, yes; but I'd argue that it doesn't make that significant of a difference. Not enough of a difference to warrant removing one or the other, at least.

I do think that the 240 system needs work however. For the most part, my strikes come from the direction I intended, but there are instances where it doesn't read my inputs accurately. I would love to see a HUD element added that displays the direction my next attack will come from.

Ultimately, if you believe that keybinds are superior, then use those. That said, I think you're then missing out on how satisfying and fluid the 240 system feels. To me, that's more important than having a slight advantage.

Knight 134 281
  • 1 Feb '18
 Sir Boring

240 system is good for chambering and lunge angles.

@NikolaiLudovik said:

Boi 1v1 me rite now. Username is boring.

Knight 656 1425
  • 1 Feb '18
 das

240 would be way more natural for chambering, it just has severe reliability issues. That, and it's difficult to aim for overheads and underswings (very unnatural to move mouse completely vertically) and there's no way to adjust angles or anything.

Knight 222 187
  • 1 Feb '18
 REKTKWONDO

240 is the easy way, to allow new player and low skilled player to understand the game
Keybind is the harder one, but more useful

Both should not be removed

"to adjust angles or anything"
What you mean ?

And yeah ofc 240 should not be viable at high level, keybinds are harder to master

Mercenary 1783 6794
  • 1 Feb '18
 ThunderDuck

I feel like the added the 240 system just to have their own unique gimmick and to make it look less like a Chivalry clone. I'm not saying it's a Chivalry clone btw, but a lot of people are.

Baron 133 241
  • 1 Feb '18
 EvilSuD

I think they need to fix the alternate input for the 240 system where you press and then move your screen instead of move and then press. When they used this input for the 240 system it felt so much smoother. Also the alternate system would probably make learning the 240 system for new players much easier.

2344 4731
  • 1 Feb '18
 Maci

@ThunderDuck said:
I feel like the added the 240 system just to have their own unique gimmick and to make it look less like a Chivalry clone.

This. Nobody liked it when they introduced it to Slasher, and while it has gotten slightly more reliable since then it still can't compare to your good ole keybinds.

However, having an angle indicator would help a lot, maybe even make it viable.

Duchess 758 3266
  • 1 Feb '18
 Stouty

Using both is the optimal loadout, binds for overheads and directional for everything else

42 53
  • 1 Feb '18
 Sverth

@REKTKWONDO said:
240 is the easy way, to allow new player and low skilled player to understand the game
Keybind is the harder one, but more useful

Both should not be removed

"to adjust angles or anything"
What you mean ?

And yeah ofc 240 should not be viable at high level, keybinds are harder to master

"Keybinds are harder to master"

Not sure if you are trolling tbh

Mercenary 1783 6794
  • 1 Feb '18
 ThunderDuck

harder to master for chambering no doubt

Duke 5429 12612
  • 2 Feb '18
 Jax — Community Manager

Keybinds - quicker, more reliable, less intuitive
240 - slower, less reliable, more intuitive

An added benefit of 2r0 is that you can do an attack that requires an OH to chamber but has a shallower angle. This is nice when you've got to smack the nothin personnel kids and need the swing coverage

214 412
  • 2 Feb '18
 Astonop

240 mode is loads more fun to me than keybinds, and to be honest I couldn't really care less about optimizing my playstyle by milliseconds to lose it. I like the feeling of actually choosing where I want to swing with greater freedom because it makes fights I'm in feel more involved.

42 53
  • 2 Feb '18
 Sverth

@Astonop said:
240 mode is loads more fun to me than keybinds, and to be honest I couldn't really care less about optimizing my playstyle by milliseconds to lose it. I like the feeling of actually choosing where I want to swing with greater freedom because it makes fights I'm in feel more involved.

Indeed it is more fun I think they should indirectly buff it by making so you need to have the absolute exact swing direction for chambering even for thrust so that keybinds players need to have 8 attack keybinds if they want to chamber

Knight 887 2434
  • 2 Feb '18
 Pred

@Stouty said:
Using both is the optimal loadout, binds for overheads and directional for everything else

It's the best solution right now and it speaks how much of a mess this control system is tbh, new players will have enough problems with how complicated and confusing the mechanics are. Imagine being new, looking around for info and learning that the best out of three ways to configure your controls is some kind of 70/30 mixture.

Baron 577 961
  • 2 Feb '18
 lash

I use this, provide good boost to consistency for me, since I'm not that good - scroll having three functions allow for easy morphs - while maintaing directional input on lmb for the freedom of it.

ffff.PNG

Count 4146 9673
  • 2 Feb '18
 DerFurst

I'm still waiting on the WASD jedi academy control scheme marox said he wanted ti implement