Mordhau

How are the Beta backers enjoying the alpha so far?

Conscript 168 358
  • 1 Feb '18
 NikolaiLudovik

@ANALGRINDER said:
In actual state of the game... the gameplay is very boring... and if you fight against pro players is more boring... an unrealistic fights... and there is no chance to have double KO in this game... boring as shit.

I get that dueling and team deathmatch and such aren't the thing for everybody, but the game is still in alpha for Christ's sake, the combat is the focus, not the gamemodes, not the maps, not the horses. Only in Beta you can actually expect what you are probably looking forward to.

And double KO?.... eeh.... that would mean the existence of trading hits, which is a very bad principle over all, but I get what you are coming from, after you die, your weapon should technically still move to hit the enemy, but yeah, gameplay balance, it's not even such a fun feature.

Mercenary 2193 3914
Sellsword 172 430
  • 2 Feb '18
 Pencilman

gud mechanics and helpful community

shoutout to jax and lincs for giving it to me hard

uwu

Knight 1836 2232
  • 2 Feb '18
 Void

@lash said:
Zwei fest was on alpha release as well. The sword must attract newbs in some way.

When alpha started I was using it too. Chiv habit.
I think that for a long time it was kind of rare, but lately we see it all too often.
Funny thing is that it's getting buffed on the next patch.

Mercenary 225 567
  • 2 Feb '18
 Izıl

@Void said:

@lash said:
Zwei fest was on alpha release as well. The sword must attract newbs in some way.

I think that for a long time it was kind of rare, but lately we see it all too often.

Its getting buffed because it needs a buff, nothing sad about that.

Knight 941 2568
  • 2 Feb '18
 Pred

@Void said:

Wat

Knight 1836 2232
  • 2 Feb '18
 Void

@Izıl said:

@Void said:

@lash said:

Its getting buffed because it needs a buff, nothing sad about that.

Sure, didn't mean to imply otherwise.
Crush said that many weapons are getting buffed.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 2 Feb '18
 EruTheTeapot

@Void said:
Crush said that many weapons are getting buffed.

Sweet, always wanted +5 Fire Greatsword

2428 4937
  • 2 Feb '18
 Maci

Don't forget cash shop items buffing your tempering chance

Sellsword 5 14
  • 6 Feb '18
 meinkampfyhat

I'm enjoying learning a lot, every time I play I can feel myself learning new skills and getting better. I suppose nothing does it better than being chucked right into the deep end with 2 hours against people with hundreds

Mercenary 1263 2303

@Pencilman said:
helpful community

lmao

Sellsword 3 17
  • 7 Feb '18
 toddog45

@meinkampfyhat said:
I'm enjoying learning a lot, every time I play I can feel myself learning new skills and getting better. I suppose nothing does it better than being chucked right into the deep end with 2 hours against people with hundreds

Yeah, I agree with this 100%. I feel like even though I only have 6 hours in the game right now, i'm getting better. When I die, I always feel like it's my fault, unlike when I started playing CMW (once I hit level 15 I just got completely fucked up by everyone else, cause I didn't know what ROH's and drags were), but rather than going up against a high level player and getting insta-hit by a reverse overhead, I feel confident, like if I play my cards correctly I can win. The only disappointing thing about the game thus far for me has to be the low player count. I get that it's a closed beta/alpha, but I was expecting a lot more people to be playing it. If player count doesn't start going up, I think they should honestly sell some beta keys to keep the game alive and hype during development.

• 8 Feb '18
 Anal Error
This comment was deleted.
3 14
  • 8 Feb '18
 Oddball

The lack of trades already make it far more enjoyable than chivalry, and while drags are still a major component in Mordhau, they're not absurd looking nonsense, at least for the most part. I can't imagine ever going back to Chiv after playing Mordhau. Mord seems much faster paced too, I'm not sure if it's just the presence of chambers but even the slower weapons seem quite quick compared to other melee games. Though, it seems really difficult to make attacks miss by walking back, the lunge distance seems pretty huge and it makes trying to out-range your opponent not very viable.

Overall, I've definitely had fun with the game, even if I've spent the majority of my playtime getting my head lobbed off by far more experienced players, it's always felt like I died because I was outskilled or made a mistake and not that I fell victim to some goofy gimmick. I really look forward to seeing how this game shapes up as it gets closer to release.

Duke 986 1381
  • 8 Feb '18
 PadanFain

God reading these gives me real hope

Knight 1836 2232
  • 8 Feb '18
 Void

Even though this is the worst entry point for new guys, I'm very glad seeing new people enjoying the game.
Stick to it and as you gain more skill it'll be even more fun.

Knight 196 414

@PadanFain said:
God reading these gives me real hope

Same.

Knight 127 187
  • 9 Feb '18
 Vq.Raccoon

I hate this game I want my refund

Knight 160 340
  • 9 Feb '18
 Sir Boring

People who rage quit Chiv are definitely going to rage quit this game just as fast. The majority of gamers don't like a real competitive challenge, so unless they get to backstab and gank everyone they fight, they're gonna have a bad time.

Sure, no evil reverses, but everything else they complained about will be there, plus a lot more.

Should avoid killing them for 2 hours so they can't refund before they realize how hard it is. Lol

Duke 5552 13281
  • 9 Feb '18
 Jax — Community Manager

Matchmaking, my friend