Mordhau

Delays, beta backer access to alpha & reward fulfilment

881 6122
  • 29 Jan
 marox — Project Lead

Work continues on Mordhau and we're making good progress towards beta and release, but unfortunately we're not quite there yet. We do not intend to rush things, but since we promised early access to Beta backers by January, we are letting the Beta backers into the melee-focused Mordhau Alpha. If you are a beta backer, you will receive an email from us shortly with instructions on how to get your Steam key. Our actual Beta and Release dates will unfortunately have to shift a bit further into 2018 to make sure we can deliver content with an adequate attention to detail and polish. We will keep you updated on the matter!

We are also releasing some of the backer rewards that can now be claimed, and we have also begun collecting input for the personalized rewards. For those of you who backed at the corresponding tiers, you will see your rewards listed in the account tab on our website, and you will be able to fill out the input for personalized rewards there as well.

And finally, check out some cool Alpha combat footage below, captured by community member Trix:

Countess 1217 2845
  • 29 Jan
 Whisper

Honestly a bold move to still hand out keys. While I can't say I'm still completely satisfied with things thus far I can at least applaud you for that.

Sellsword 4664 5760

I hope this means a new player or two for our side of the world.
Keep going Triternion, glad to see you don't rush shit because that means you will wreck shit when the time is right.

2155 4155
Knight 200 557

The reaping of untrained beta-backers begins

Knight 154 444
  • 29 Jan
 Nautilus

Looking forward to the expanded player base and the gold teeth I paid 60 bucks for.

Baron 1347 3965
  • 29 Jan
 Lincs

I think this is a good move. A lot of beta backers have been chomping at the bit to get into the game, and this will definitely alleviate some of the stagnation. I'll also be looking forward to my gold sword.

Well done!

Count 311 1259
  • 29 Jan
 RingMaster

Yipee, now all us alpha players can shit on all the beta players

2 2
  • 29 Jan
 AUTMARCO

I got the mail to get my key. But there is no key on my purchase site.
it only says

$40.00
March 12, 2017
Beta
Kickstarter
Linked by me
Beta

Count 1 0

@Nautilus said:
Looking forward to the expanded player base and the gold teeth I paid 60 bucks for.
gold teeth I paid 60 bucks for.
60 bucks
The more i read your comment, the more stupid i feel. Still, im happy Mordhau is moving forward.

Conscript 1 2
  • 29 Jan
 Boss

@AUTMARCO said:
it only says

$40.00
March 12, 2017
Beta
Kickstarter
Linked by me
Beta

Same here, I'm not seeing a key I can redeem or where I redeem it.

Sellsword 1 1

"Send me another email when it actually works, you clowns. I got all excited for nothing."

Edit: it works now and I am so fucking E N G O R G E D.

Chivalry has been a cesspool since alpha dropped and my favorite server was shut down. I can't wait to fearfully play Mordhau bots for a week before I'm ready to get drilled by the big alpha boys

Knight 308 1263
  • 29 Jan
 LuxCandidus

A nice way to mitigate the backlash of a delay, very elegantly handled. I still advise you strongly not to polish features too much before releasing them, and to at least update the community on how said features' progress is coming along.

Now that the beta backers are here, the community you will be informing or keeping in the dark is considerably larger, so do not be too distant. Please.

Knight 154 455

I agree with the move to allow the Beta Backers in to bring in fresh blood into the low server pop. I'm not satisfied with the beta delay (although i anticipated it due to lack of news in regards to the games development not to throw shade considering the gap between this update and the last one was September 12th, 2017 which discussed the Alpha release). The Alpha Update are the only consistent news we get on the progress of the game in the form of balance patches and minor additions to the game like the point system and the addition of new armor. I would like to see the lack of community updates addressed at-least to give players a realistic sense of how the game has progressed development wise being that this Community Update stated that the game would be delayed a bit without a E.T.A (Estimated time of arrival) however the pledges on kickstarter did say Estimated Delivery Date. The Dev responses to threads are nice however its not an efficient way of gathering news about the status of Mordhau. All in all, i have high hopes for Mordhau however i would like to see a bit more communication from the devs to the community in the form of a news letter.

delay.jpeg

Knight 1690 2000
  • 29 Jan
 Void

PRAISE MAROX!

Also...
Welcome beta boys!
Pls don't be salty.

2 2
  • 29 Jan
 AUTMARCO

@Boss said:

@AUTMARCO said:
it only says

$40.00
March 12, 2017
Beta
Kickstarter
Linked by me
Beta

Same here, I'm not seeing a key I can redeem or where I redeem it.

now it worked, it's under "my items" --> "view product key"

1 2
  • 29 Jan
 Trin

Also keeping an eye out for the key. Got the email just no actual key yet. Guessing they are still being rolled out.

Edit: Rolled out right as i posted ha.

Edit2: a giant Heartfelt thank you to the devs. I've really been looking forward to this and I was really not expecting it to come so soon. You saved my day as I'm going through a personal crisis and really needed something to cheer myself up.

Duke 282 401
  • 29 Jan
 SeaFerret

Is there a due date on bot name, custom emblem, and credit name submissions?

881 6122
  • 29 Jan
 marox — Project Lead

@SeaFerret said:
Is there a due date on bot name, custom emblem, and credit name submissions?

We'll probably slap one on there if people take too long, but there's no hurry right now.