Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Still no fix

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 26 Jan '18
 vanguard

@das said:
That explains why you hit invisible walls on an empty server until map is changed.

Caveman explanation: Computer think in 1 and 0. Integer. No demical point. Must do tricky thing for decimal points. Number with decimals has float.

Empty server keeps counting timer because no one joins. No one joined in very long time. Computer server keep counting. Count so much, float number is counting weird now. Game no like weird, game going to register hit on wrong time now! Game frame and server tick no longer synchronize same time! Me smash!

Fuck!

One of these days me and Frise got into the br server right, and it probably was a long time since no one joined because South America has basically 4 players. So, we get into the server, and as soon as we windup, the hit already lands and we don't even see the swing going through the screen, it is literally windup-hit the wall immediatly. We both were like HOLYSHIT WTF IS DIS, our ping was normal.

Damn, South America server usually stay one or two days without anyone playing on it, so this must happen there all the fucking time! I only really noticed this day though because honestly, it was fucked up beyond imagination. I think Frise recorded it, idk now.

Knight 941 2569
  • 31 Jan '18
 Pred

Something that I wanted to bring to the devs' attention. Right before this happened:

dafb46d029d388a18d0818f664c43ad4.png

There was about a 0.5 second window when my opponent seemed to move at something like 200% speed, like the server lost track of him for a moment and then compensated. I thought that maybe I'm seeign things so I ignored it. I don't have the clip anymore.

Something similar happened today:

https://streamable.com/7l4i1

Notice how:

• At 1.5 sec the Zwei guy on my right gets catapulted forward
  • A 3 sec my stab gets parried by air
  • For a moment everything goes back to normal
  • At 11 sec game goes supersonic for maybe about 1.5 sec
  • During which this desync happens:

1.PNG

And then everything goes back to normal again.

988 6974
  • 1 Feb '18
 marox — Project Lead

@Pred said:
Something that I wanted to bring to the devs' attention. Right before this happened:

dafb46d029d388a18d0818f664c43ad4.png

There was about a 0.5 second window when my opponent seemed to move at something like 200% speed, like the server lost track of him for a moment and then compensated. I thought that maybe I'm seeign things so I ignored it. I don't have the clip anymore.

Something similar happened today:

https://streamable.com/7l4i1

Notice how:

• At 1.5 sec the Zwei guy on my right gets catapulted forward
  • A 3 sec my stab gets parried by air
  • For a moment everything goes back to normal
  • At 11 sec game goes supersonic for maybe about 1.5 sec
  • During which this desync happens:

1.PNG

And then everything goes back to normal again.

Seems like it would be down to 3 possible things:

• a server stutter
  • a spike in the server's network
  • a spike in your network

All 3 would bump the ping, although it might be for such a small duration that it would simply get averaged out and not noticeable on the scoreboard.