https://streamable.com/s8cew

https://streamable.com/2a2jk

https://streamable.com/7ch5u

Also, active assparry:

https://streamable.com/xnhrb

Duke 356 384
  • 13 Jan '18
 AFluffyKnight

Nope. That's called your FOV is so high that attacks that LOOK far away are actually in your face and connect instantly.

Also that active ass parry is fuuuucked.

Knight 941 2569
  • 13 Jan '18
 Pred

@AFluffyKnight said:
Nope. That's called your FOV is so high that attacks that LOOK far away are actually in your face and connect instantly.

If that would be the reason (I don't think it is, as I used to play at 125 for a while and it was the same) then it should be adjusted anyway. Taking damage to your "face" when opponent's weapon barely grazes your sword should not happen at the FOV that's going to be the most widely used one.

Also my FOV would have to be at 600 if it's the reason for desync in clip number 1.

Duke 162 274
  • 13 Jan '18
 BEACHES

This assparry was regularly happening to me in 2v2/3v3s when I was still playing alot 2 months ago. It's infuriating. Worse than chiv buttparries.

This needs to be fixed before I start playing again. I play these sorts of games for the teamplay....

• 13 Jan '18
 BEACHES
This comment was deleted.
Knight 292 904
  • 13 Jan '18
 GIRUGIRU

The first 3 clips aren't desync, stabs are just really gay right now. Last one is fine

If your net isn't stable aswell you will get instahit randomly

However the assparry is not good

Knight 941 2569
  • 14 Jan '18
 Pred

@GIRUGIRU said:
The first 3 clips aren't desync, stabs are just really gay right now.

Hit not being in sync with weapon - that's a desync, isn't it?

Knight 292 904
  • 14 Jan '18
 GIRUGIRU

@Pred said:

@GIRUGIRU said:
The first 3 clips aren't desync, stabs are just really gay right now.

Hit not being in sync with weapon - that's a desync, isn't it?

No, desync refers to lag/connection issues affecting the synchronization of attacks within their combos

stabs are correctly synced up with their animations here, the issue is that it's not very readable right now. The solution is clearly not an easy one otherwise it would have been done already, here are the possibilities;

• increase early release on stabs (but makes stabs weaker and much slower, and may make it look as if stabs are phasing through people in 1p)

• change the stab windup animation so that the stab has to advance much further forward before it enters release (probably already in the works)

• Readjust the stab keyframes so that the stab has to advance more before it does damage (will make stabs look alot more floaty)

• increase player collision bubble so you cant get instahit by stabs as it needs to travel further towards you to hit you at facehug (bad idea, increased bubble makes teamfights much more clunky)

2nd option is probably what i'd imagine would be the fix, but that wont be for a while

80 286
  • 14 Jan '18
 wizardish

It's not a desync.

Knight 941 2569
  • 21 Jan '18
 Pred

There is definitely a desync issue, if it was the matter of animation, this would happen all the time and not once every couple of hours of gameplay:

1.PNG2.PNG

Also, I think its related to the perceived parry flinch bug:

Here at 28.387 seconds "damage" sound is playing and I'm already dead, animations just haven't caught up yet:

3.PNG

Animation/visuals-wise I die at 28.471seconds. There is almost 0.1 second window where trying to parry (and failing) would make you think your parry was flinched but you were actually already dead when attempting it:

4.PNG

62 267
  • 21 Jan '18
 Not Sammy

awful game

396 454
  • 22 Jan '18
 JasonBourne

It could be the ping. Also lately the server lag from time to time.

Knight 941 2569
  • 22 Jan '18
 Pred

@JasonBourne said:
It could be the ping. Also lately the server lag from time to time.

Definitely not ping. Server lag also seems unlikely, it's much more blatant when it happens and situations like the one with Eveningstar you might not even notice until you check the slowmo.

Marox said there are things that happen in separate packets which will be combined into one packet later, so maybe it's going to be fixed then. I just keep bringing it up because it's not easy to spot when it happens.

Knight 1836 2232
  • 22 Jan '18
 Void

Those "early hits" are fairly common. The weird thing is that I don't remember them existing before. Some change in one of the latest patches (11 I think) must have caused it.

Knight 941 2569
  • 22 Jan '18
 Pred

@Void said:
Those "early hits" are fairly common. The weird thing is that I don't remember them existing before. Some change in one of the latest patches (11 I think) must have caused it.

I had videos and screenshots of them at build 7 or 8, which was 4-5 weeks into the alpha so it's not that new. Maybe it got more common later tho, I dunno.

Duke 5559 13285
  • 22 Jan '18
 Jax — Community Manager

Maybe it's that thing Marox was talking about how the flinch and hit packets are separate, and maybe your ping fluctuates right before you got hit?

And I'd bet that this has been around since build 1 but it just took a while to notice since everything was just so new and shiny.

I want to say I've had it happen a few times but never bothered to record it.

Sellsword 615 1381
  • 22 Jan '18
 BobSapp

I get hit early the most when it comes to the realm of weird stuff. It's not terrible terrible though, more like "huh, what the heck was that" and then it's normal for the vast majority of fights

I also deliver what I'm going to guess are those same visible early hits myself, which I should probably try to record or something. Kinda like how your drags hit people with telekinetic magic on high ping, it looks like that except I don't have high ping

Knight 941 2569
  • 22 Jan '18
 Pred

@Jax said:
Maybe it's that thing Marox was talking about how the flinch and hit packets are separate, and maybe your ping fluctuates right before you got hit?

I've checked my ping mutliple times right after and it was fine, so this is not it. If your ping spiked to say 300, it would gradually go back to normal so it would be visible on scoreboard.

And I'd bet that this has been around since build 1 but it just took a while to notice since everything was just so new and shiny.

Maybe. I personally was pretty sure something is fishy at the tiem of Messer patch, if anything like this was happening earlier I would probably chalk it up as me parrying too late or failing with a chamber attempt.

This is a big problem itself, but especially with the accel/feint accel meta.

3234 4264
  • 23 Jan '18
 Havoc

Oh look, I'm not crazy.

getgud_e-spurtzready_ook

3234 4264
  • 23 Jan '18
 Havoc

Also, you can easily reproduce desync by walking into an archway/doorway with trimmings.