Mordhau

Ease Of Cycling Through Emotes & Voice Commands

Knight 160 340
  • 11 Jan '18
 Sir Boring

So far we've got a lot of neat emotes, and we're still waiting for those sweet voice commands, which I will spam every chance possible to break all immersion and make myself and others laugh.

Now anyway, with the current emote system, I have to press X to cycle through 3 pages of emotes, and if I want to use some emotes I have to reach all the way across my keyboard to press 0. That alone is pretty lame, but what's also lame is that, depending on the loadout you're currently wielding, whether it be fists, shield or 2hander, some of the emotes will disappear, ruining the memorized order of the list and making you press the wrong emote by instinct.

My recommendation would be to, first, keep the emotes you can't use in the list, but have them grayed out so you know you can't use them. That way they don't ruin the order so you can actually memorize what buttons to press without looking. You could memorize each list of emotes for each loadout, sure, but wouldn't this be a lot easier?

Second, I believe that a button such as C should flip the current list of emotes you're on, that way instead of pressing X,X,8, you can press X,X,C,2. Less reaching, more speed, better in general.

Whenever we get voice commands, assuming they all come in one list like the emotes do (instead of Chivalry's Tactical and Personal messages), you could have it set to Z, while having C also flip the list so you don't have to reach to something like 0.

Y'all better not tell me this exact same thread was already made 2 years ago.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 11 Jan '18
 EruTheTeapot

This exact same thread was already made 2.1 years ago.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 11 Jan '18
 ThunderDuck

Good post, have my like

Baron 582 972
  • 12 Jan '18
 lash

Since we expect lot of voice emotes in the finall release, how about interactible 360° menu?

Something like this:

paintskillz.png

Mercenary 179 614
  • 12 Jan '18
 Stauxie

@lash said:
Since we expect lot of voice emotes in the finall release, how about interactible 360° menu?

Something like this:

paintskillz.png

Maybe you should make the wheel 240 instead of 360.

Knight 2608 6921
  • 12 Jan '18
 Rattsknecht

Also I think you should be able to bind each individual emote to a separate key tbh

Knight 941 2568
  • 12 Jan '18
 Pred

Emotes need to use 240 system so I can accidentally yield half the time I'm actually trying to use "come at me".

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 12 Jan '18
 EruTheTeapot

I'm having hard enough time adjusting Combat 240, can't imagine Emote 240

Knight 2608 6921
  • 12 Jan '18
 Rattsknecht

Emote chambering

Duke 5554 13281
  • 12 Jan '18
 Jax — Community Manager

Cower body manipulation meta wen

Tbh

Would be nice to have emote slot rework when cosmetic progression comes into play, and individual hotkey support as well

Count 449 1186
  • 12 Jan '18
 Hadeus

What if...emotes were unlockable?

Certain emotes are unlocked at different levels.

Duke 5554 13281
  • 12 Jan '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@Hadeus said:
What if...emotes were unlockable?

Certain emotes are unlocked at different levels.

cosmetic progression

Gold and level requirement
Free ones for some, gold for others, some level locked

High MMR emotes that you can only use if you're that rank

Possibilities are endless

Knight 160 340
  • 14 Jan '18
 Sir Boring

I'm all for unlockables. Unlockables keep people playing longer.

Being able to bind voice and emotes to certain keys would definitely be nice for using on your favorites. I plan to use them all though, and there's not enough keys in easy reach for that.

As for a radial menu for voice and emotes, I'd much rather not have that, as I wouldn't easily be able to use them during combat. The best time to spam voice commands is during a duel. Spamming voice AND emotes during duels should be challenging, but possible.

Thanks for feedback and support.