Glancing blows need some work

Knight 12 75
  • 30 Dec '17
 Jangl3

Example of two awful glancing blows that should not have happened

56 179
  • 30 Dec '17
 GandaPestile

+1 I didn't clip it but I got a real obnoxious glancing hit in similar circumstances to angleJ
i.e a overhead that hit feet much before the end of the tracer and just bounced off (he literally jumped into it and it still bounced)

Rly think it would be much better to just delet the last 15% of tracers to prevent inconsistencies like this

Knight 1366 1852
  • 31 Dec '17
 Trevz TheCuz

Please remove this god awful mechanic tbh murux y u dis

Seriously these last few patches made me uninstall.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 1 Jan '18
 Bodkin

I don't mind the glancing blow most of the time but it would definitely be better if the swing release just stopped instead of it doing this.

Duke 5556 13282
  • 2 Jan '18
 Jax — Community Manager

it's not the fault of the glancing blow mechanic
the issue is that right now footwork consists of running in circles around people

Knight 1366 1852
  • 2 Jan '18
 Trevz TheCuz

Wtf glancing blow is aids

Duke 5556 13282
  • 3 Jan '18
 Jax — Community Manager

glancing blow is fine, for the most part

example 1 is a blind target switch
I don't particularly enjoy the meta of stringing together constant attacks hoping that your riposte you spin around onto another person will get active parry. That dude did a midair chamber and then spun to hit the next guy, IMO you shouldn't be able to get that much initiative off of a chamber (being able to defend against guy 1, target switch to 2, have active parry and hit them). IMO you should parry and then use your riposte/another attack to chamber the next dude instead of being able to hop around in circles of active parry like an initiative tornado. If you have good positioning you shouldn't have to do constant 180°'s to target switch. IMO a lot of this relates to footwork.

example 2 is retarded footwork
You shouldn't be able to get hit and then try to "nothin personnel kid" the guy that hit you. This is a problem with sprint not having any sort of reduction or slowdown when you get hit or parried. If they made you slow down for a moment when you eat an attack (getting hit or parrying) you'd have to actually defend or back up, and you wouldn't see people running around you (which is the root cause of this glancing blow).

Count 3976 8339
  • 1 Apr '18
 TheDankestMeme

@Jax said:
it's not the fault of the glancing blow mechanic
the issue is that right now footwork consists of running in circles around people

war never changes