Mordhau

Do you think miss recovery time should be reduced?

Militia 44 50
  • 23 Dec '17
 Sareth

Been wondering for a while why it takes so darn long to get your sword back into position after a miss ...

I mean, let's say I have a greatsword against somebody with a sledgehammer.
We can both miss each other and he has all the time in the world to take another swing and hit me while I can't do anything but watch.
That can't be how these lockouts are supposed to work ...

56 179
  • 24 Dec '17
 GandaPestile

That can't be how these lockouts work, because the recovery doesn't work like that.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 24 Dec '17
 Huggles

Start another attack (combo) after your miss and then parry.

Militia 44 50
  • 24 Dec '17
 Sareth

@Huggles said:

I was not aware of that, thank you.
Tested it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyr5loBIHRs

And personally, I feel there's no reason at all that we can't "queue" a block (i.e. start one at the same time where we would start the queued strike in the combo). The superficial delay is just super annoying.

If you have that much time to bring your blade back up into position, you could just as well flip it back with force, resulting in a block, instead.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 24 Dec '17
 Huggles

@Sareth said:

@Huggles said:

I was not aware of that, thank you.
Tested it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyr5loBIHRs

And personally, I feel there's no reason at all that we can't "queue" a block (i.e. start one at the same time where we would start the queued strike in the combo). The superficial delay is just super annoying.

If you have that much time to bring your blade back up into position, you could just as well flip it back with force, resulting in a block, instead.

Probably because they want the combo feint to parry to be heavily punished by stamina and haven't figured out a weight to do that without forcing the combo. But idk, you should ask crushed this question in the discord.