Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha #12 highlights

Knight 941 2569
  • 19 Dec '17
 Pred

Played for like 15 minutes. Ping 50-70ish.

https://streamable.com/xyt2e

Knight 79 157
  • 19 Dec '17
 Netherim

Yea, instahits is the main issue with the game right now imho

2428 4937
  • 19 Dec '17
 Maci

WE WANT

Knight 86 133
  • 20 Dec '17
 Raegarth

The game always felt like this for me huh.

Well i have shitty fps that may explain a lot.

Welcome in the club ✌🏻

Knight 941 2569
  • 20 Dec '17
 Pred

@Raegarth said:

I have stable 64 FPS, so that's not the reason.

Duke 554 950
  • 20 Dec '17
 Goatie

I mean I play at 16 ping and even with that I notice instant hits pretty often as most players try force them from reflex because of chiv.

Knight 941 2569
  • 20 Dec '17
 Pred

@Goatie said:
I mean I play at 16 ping and even with that I notice instant hits pretty often as most players try force them from reflex because of chiv.

They are not even insta, just blatantly hit before weapon connects.

Duke 554 950
  • 20 Dec '17
 Goatie

AKA insta in the sense of gameplay lol

Knight 941 2569
  • 20 Dec '17
 Pred

@Goatie said:
AKA insta in the sense of gameplay lol

Well, in case of weapons with retarded speed you can say they do insta hits, meaning there is no time to react. Dealing damage without contact is a different issue as it can happen with a slow ass, non-insta drag as well.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 20 Dec '17
 Huggles

@Pred said:

@Raegarth said:

I have stable 64 FPS, so that's not the reason.

??? that's not enough

You need 100+ fps to play this game competitively imho

Duke 2266 4010
  • 20 Dec '17
 Huggles

@Netherim said:
Yea, instahits is the main issue with the game right now imho

At the same time if swings were very consistent in speed and very easy to see coming the game would be a joke defensively. We must have some attacks that are very hard to counter with the right mouse manipulation and footwork unless we want like hour long duels.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 20 Dec '17
 ThunderDuck

Game should be fast no doubt, but the examples shown in @Pred's video are a little ridiculous

Duke 5559 13285
  • 20 Dec '17
 Jax — Community Manager

mm the bardiche one looks like it hit your face, even though in 1P it looked a tiny bit off

a lot of this should be fixed by the anim update, the instahit on release CAN be countered by a parry (build 12 hand tracer parry changes) or chamber but the issue is that right now you don't really se a visual indicator that someone went from windup to release, so you can't time it well

the shortspear one looked like just bad timing, not really a L2P issue but due to the animation transition I mentioned above.

Knight 941 2569
  • 21 Dec '17
 Pred

@Jax said:
the shortspear one looked like just bad timing, not really a L2P issue but due to the animation transition I mentioned above.

Capture.PNG

You can also see the hit sound line already playing for a moment before the hit is indicated visually (started 4 frames earlier, 30 FPS clip).

988 6974
  • 21 Dec '17
 marox — Project Lead

There are some issues with the servers in this patch, not entirely sure what's up, but we're trying to get to the bottom of it. Might be related to the animation optimization on dedicated servers, might be just our host Vultr acting up.

As for the delayed sound/hit, the effects of the hit are split into two stages that could potentially be delayed. These will eventually be brought together into a single packet to reduce the chance of this occurring. Right now what can arrive split is the flinch animation and in the other stage the sound & hitflash & particles. The health updates completely separately from these, so the health bar is not a reliable indicator in any case, but it might be a good idea to preemptively show it in the same frame even though it doesn't tick down.

Knight 941 2569
  • 21 Dec '17
 Pred

@marox said:
There are some issues with the servers in this patch, not entirely sure what's up, but we're trying to get to the bottom of it. Might be related to the animation optimization on dedicated servers, might be just our host Vultr acting up.

This one is from an unofficial server (Les Gueux):

https://streamable.com/zuuey

Also, I might be wrong, but I think most of the time it happens it is on comboed strikes. I tried to see if it's player-dependent and I tend to be able to both succesfully parry very late and get hit with accel desyncs in the same duel.