Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #12 Discussion Thread

1090 6149
  • 19 Dec '17
 crushed — Art

Here's the patch notes: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10158/changelog-thread/

What do you guys think of the changes? Discuss them here!

1090 6149
  • 19 Dec '17
 crushed — Art

This topic has been pinned.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 19 Dec '17
 EruTheTeapot

Boom

Unexpected Update, just the way I like it

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 19 Dec '17
 ThunderDuck

Having stamina drain on glancing hits seems a little harsh, idk. But I like the idea.

Knight 29 89
  • 19 Dec '17
 PeachPatrol

Shortspear!!!

Knight 2608 6921
414 418
  • 19 Dec '17
 nohbdy

The update looks sick, can't wait to try it.

Knight 941 2569
  • 19 Dec '17
 Pred

There's a ton of seemingly good changes in the log, and there is this:

-> Brought back riposte feint with a small feint window

Come on.

Please.

Knight 222 187
  • 19 Dec '17
 REKTKWONDO

Stab drag/Delay still too OP
Chamber harder than before but not rewarded
Fake Overhead into leg hit still possible and OP (same for fake under into the head )
1h spear is one of the best weapons and cost 4 point only
No nerf on 2hander that need it like B-Axe, Messer or Bardiche

Knight 627 2068
  • 19 Dec '17
 LuxCandidus
  • The short spear is so much fun, with a targe or by itself.
  • The falchion skins are stellar. Every new weapon and piece of armour that has been added recently is gorgeous. Tremendously nice work.
  • The mace costing an additional point is deserved, and further distinguishes it from the warhammer.
Baron 1647 5234
  • 19 Dec '17
 Lincs

Explain how hitting a teammate cancels the attack, and why that's beneficial to gameplay. Or am I misunderstanding the wording?

I'm not sure of the implications of this for teamplay.

Mercenary 1263 2304
  • 19 Dec '17
 TheKingInTheNorth

Is it me or do combos and chambers look and feel weird now? The game feels overall less responsive to me. Loving the new customisation items though.

105 685
  • 19 Dec '17
 Spook — UI

@Lincs said:
Explain how hitting a teammate cancels the attack, and why that's beneficial to gameplay. Or am I misunderstanding the wording?

I'm not sure of the implications of this for teamplay.

This is so you can't hit through teammates to hit an enemy, you have to be a bit more careful around allies now.

Knight 337 778
  • 19 Dec '17
 AngelEyes

Landing hits on people off of screen was not okay. Good job guys.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 19 Dec '17
 EruTheTeapot

I seem to notice a lot more people parrying my stabs from their backs, happening more often than before. Not sure If its because of my ping or they got ninja reflex butts

Knight 57 63
  • 19 Dec '17
 Edmund

I dont like the direction this game is taking, nerfing drags is not a good idea, this will end up in a chamber fest, you didn't even try to fix it properly, it's just a cheap work-around making big drag still possible but inconsistent.

Knight 337 778
  • 19 Dec '17
 AngelEyes

@Edmund said:
I dont like the direction this game is taking, nerfing drags is not a good idea, this will end up in a chamber fest, you didn't even try to fix it properly, it's just a cheap work-around making big drag still possible but inconsistent.

I am terrible at the game so I just have some questions.

Why is chamber exchanges a bad thing? Is it too hard or too easy? I personally prefer rapid exchanges over time warped-looking spine breaking swings.

How would one fix drags properly?

(I've only played a little since patch I'm not asking in light of that, just curious.)

1315 2881
  • 19 Dec '17
 Monsteri

All the new customization looks fantastic, open-face mail aventail very welcome.

Pit changes are excellent. I hope movement in some places can be improved even further in the future.

Gotta play a lot more to form an opinion about the combat changes.

414 418
  • 19 Dec '17
 nohbdy

@Edmund said:

Drags still counter chambers easily. Pretty sure they're just trying to make them not so broken that you can't even parry them either.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 20 Dec '17
 Bodkin

Archer's Cap added, with and without feather

received_503489723354258.png