Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #11 Discussion Thread

105 685
  • 7 Dec '17
 Spook — UI

Here's the patch notes: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10158/changelog-thread/

What do you guys think of the changes? Discuss them here!

105 685
  • 7 Dec '17
 Spook — UI

This topic has been pinned.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 7 Dec '17
 EruTheTeapot

Update is here, you can stop apeshitting now people

Knight 2608 6921
  • 7 Dec '17
 Rattsknecht

houndskull!!!11

Knight 445 1074
  • 7 Dec '17
 Knight Nicholas

AAAAH AAAH AAAAH AAAAAAHH AAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
build11.jpeg

Count 352 361

Testing a bit the changes, feels good so far ! I like the buffs on longsword and wow Cleaver is feels strong now !

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 7 Dec '17
 EruTheTeapot

I begin to crash out of Memory after the patch tbh, sad life

Baron 291 224
  • 7 Dec '17
 Esa1996

Haven't tried it yet but I noticed you didn't include click > flick as an option yet. Please do, it's annoying to have to change it every time I want to play the game.

Knight 627 2068
  • 7 Dec '17
 LuxCandidus
  • The weapon skins and armours are a delight to my eyes. Phenomenal work.

• But this may need a tweak. Point & cost display obscures large weapons, even if zoomed out
    20171207204939_1.jpg

Baron 291 224
  • 7 Dec '17
 Esa1996

A small possible bug: You can still pick up larger weapons even if your points are all used up.

Knight 321 611
  • 7 Dec '17
 Duckalot

@kEsa1996 said:
Haven't tried it yet but I noticed you didn't include click > flick as an option yet. Please do, it's annoying to have to change it every time I want to play the game.

You dont have to change it every single time.

Steamapps\common\Mordhau\Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables

At the bottom of the page, in the [Startup] section you put "m.AngleAttackAfterPress=1"
This will make the command load everytime you start the game.
And dont use the ";" thats infront of the lines above. Then it wont read the command.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 7 Dec '17
 vanguard

Holy shit the new halberd alt mode feels amazing! Way better then the last one imho, as it takes away a bit of its versatility yet gives it a very particular feel or playstile. I was missing a slow as fuck weapon tbh

The new angling at the end of the release is great too. Great first impression I had

Baron 291 224
  • 7 Dec '17
 Esa1996

@Duckalot said:

@kEsa1996 said:

You dont have to change it every single time.

Steamapps\common\Mordhau\Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables

At the bottom of the page, in the [Startup] section you put "m.AngleAttackAfterPress=1"
This will make the command load everytime you start the game.
And dont use the ";" thats infront of the lines above. Then it wont read the command.

I've tried that, it doesn't work.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 7 Dec '17
 Bodkin

Looks very nice! I'll have to try it out this weekend when finals are over

Edit: I assume one of the perk trees will allow for the attaining of extra loadout points?

Duke 2266 4010
  • 7 Dec '17
 Huggles

Patch is amazing. Gameplay wise I love it. I love how the sides are easier to gank now, I love how foothit cheese has been reduced, I love how jump attacks feel amazing and actually work, I feel like I can use shield while not being a scumbag, I love how people have to choose between protection and offensive capability.

This patch is amazing. I would really hate it if of the gameplay changes were reverted. Best build so far without a doubt. This build is what I always imagined mordhau should be. It's like I'm dreaming.

The only glaring issue is not being able to parry in flinch. I don't think that was there before. Other than that, the proficiency will need to be tweaked balance wise for a long time I think. But that is to be expected.

AMAZING JOB!

Knight 321 611
  • 7 Dec '17
 Duckalot

I've tried that, it doesn't work.

Try placing it here too
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Mordhau\Config\DefaultEngine

In the top [SystemSettings] section.

Knight 706 1084
  • 7 Dec '17
 VampireDuck

I like that I no longer get 1 shot by zwei wielding knights.

Now I get 1 shot by zwei wielding peasants
Pain edit.png

Knight 222 187
  • 8 Dec '17
 REKTKWONDO

Chamber feint cost too much stamina.
Chamber still not rewarded.
Point system need tweak, Battleaxe is better than ES or GS and it cost less point atm, Same for bardiche.
Kite cost more than Heater, but Heater is the best shield atm cause we cant sprint while holding parry with Kite, so Kite should cost 4, as same as Heater.
Still no chase mechanic.

But yeah the new OH and UH curve is good, the lockout is fix so that's good too. And the new armor look amazing.

Knight 196 414

Love the update. I still feel that light armor should be given some more advantages over heavy armor. I think the increase in jump stamina could have just been for heavy/medium, and been kept low for light armor. At the moment, I feel that although the point system has made light/naked more viable, further steps could be taken to continue leveling the playing field. Just my opinion, would love to hear what others think.

140 66
  • 8 Dec '17
 s522662

@VampireDuck said:
I like that I no longer get 1 shot by zwei wielding knights.

Now I get 1 shot by zwei wielding peasants
Pain edit.png

tradeoff